wow that sounds like shit

probably your pickup/needle/turntable thats not setup correctly though

has anyone else got a bad pressing, or is it just me? :cry:

What's the problem with your copy?

crackling and noisy, but in rhythm to the tracks. for example

example

wow that sounds like shit

probably your pickup/needle/turntable thats not setup correctly though

really? when the stylus was changed a few weeks ago, and plays everything else i own perfectly?

well, again, i have no trouble playing any of my other records, and my tracking weight is set correct to what the cart says (recommended 3g)

i'll try taking it down a notch though

edit: nope, hasn't fixed it. have adjusted it up to 1g either way of 3g and no change

Edited by oscillik

the same thing happens to my copy of Oversteps not as bad as that though

my oversteps (and indeed everything else, except my copy of confield) plays perfectly, so i'm more inclined to believe i have a bad pressing

how much is this going to cost in say, the u.s.?

i just phoned my local record shop and they had never heard of them, hopefully they'll look it up and order it YA KNOW ?!

i'm enjoying a preview of this. worthy enough to own i think.,

my oversteps (and indeed everything else, except my copy of confield) plays perfectly, so i'm more inclined to believe i have a bad pressing

it can happen, i know from personal experience i don't have the time or resources to test every copy of vinyl i've pressed.

has anyone else got a bad pressing, or is it just me? :cry:

it can happen, i know from personal experience i don't have the time or resources to test every copy of vinyl i've pressed.

Seems uncharacteristic for Skam, though... maybe you could shoot them an email and see if they'd replace it. I've never had a bad pressing from them, and I have tons of Skam vinyl.

Warp, on the other hand, can be pretty spotty. My copy of Warp20 Unheard has chips in the sides of the vinyl, and the records have tons of surface noise. Great packaging for dud records

Guest disparaissant

oh my god, this album 8=====D~~~~~

that is all.

ohh now im trying to think of the term xxx came up with for the female equivalent back when i first started posting around here and i cant.

edit: SLUG TRAIL INDEX

that was it

this album is slug trail index ten billion

Edited by disparaissant

http://www.skam.co.uk/news.asp

*Due to a pressing plant error the vinyl version has had to be recalled, the Vinyl contains glitches that have appeared at a stage beyond our control.

All orders made via the Skamshop will be refunded in full.

We are working towards having correct copies re-pressed as soon as possible.

More info to follow shortly.... Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I wonder how much this refund hurts skam financially... top move, though, and I'll definitely be re-ordering.

i think it'll hurt them quite a bit to be honest - hopefully those who ordered will re-order, it's definitely worth it

I wonder how much this refund hurts skam financially... top move, though, and I'll definitely be re-ordering.

i think it'll hurt them quite a bit to be honest -

yeah, me too! that is a huge bummer, and a big loss.

gutted. :(

dunno if Warp's refunded me yet...... hmmm.

i don't mind waiting on getting the (decent) vinyl, tho... as i have the free digi version for now. so that's cool.

just gutted for Skam. ouch.

not nearly as much as it would if they had told the customers to go fuck themselves instead of offering the refund

i think it'll hurt them quite a bit to be honest -

yeah, me too! that is a huge bummer, and a big loss.

gutted. :(

dunno if Warp's refunded me yet...... hmmm.

i don't mind waiting on getting the (decent) vinyl, tho... as i have the free digi version for now. so that's cool.

just gutted for Skam. ouch.

have you gotten in touch with Warp yet about it? i'm pretty sure Warp will probably wait for customers to get in touch with them, rather than doing the right thing and announcing a recall.