IGNORED

'so what sort of music do you like?'

Guest dilbthelame

"stuff that isnt shit"

oh yeah, that's what i've been saying lately, thanks for reminding me kaenoe ;-] ...

"The good music from every genre.", that way i can still knock what they recommend and be superior even in their corner of the music world.

I generally start singing my favourite autechre track, and then say "stuff like that, you know?"

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just name a few of my favorite bands.. if they dont recognize any of them i change the subject.

I think that's the best method. Even if that sparks conversation you can still determine if their twats. Once I was talking to this guy was obsessed with NIN and called everything else mainstream shit. So I was like "oh industrial, huh? fan of skinny puppy, kmfdm, ministry..." and he just looked at me blankly. Dumbass.

Anytime I've said that I enjoy Electronic music I get one of these 4 responses: a)Have you heard of Basshunter?b)Have you heard of Deadmau5?c)Have you heard of Tiesto?d)Have you heard of Dubstep?I gave up after awhile, and simply stated that I like good music.The suburbs don't tend to be a haven of interesting music unfortunately. I was raised on Country, and sometimes I wonder how I ended up listening to what I do today... :shrug:

I hhhhaaaaaatttteeeeee that. They prolly all lump those first three as "techno" and consider anything like bassnecter, skream, and rusko as "dubstep." Electronic music has their equivalents to Nickelback and Creed I suppose.

"Anything but country or rap." :facepalm: I've heard so many people say that line. Ridiculous.

That's another way of saying "I listen to shitty and/or ancient rock music"

Guest Enter a new display name

They must understand my elitism or feel the wrath of Lord Richard.

"Elitism" and "Richard" in the same sentence? Doesn't compute.

i've said "electronic music" in the past when asked... they're response was either "techno?", "trance?", "paul oakenfold?" and if i don't care to continue the conversation i'll be like "yeah... sure."

but nowadays i just say STRAIGHT UP HIP HOP ON THE STRENGPH G!"

Guest dilbthelame

i don't talk to people, so this question is easily avoided.

damn, i feel like such a fool now. wish i'd'a thought of this before.

right now, all electronic music is apparently dubstep.. omg listen to this new dubstep song - listen to this really watered down genre based on one single synth parameter. shit is weird. fads, are cool and all, but they get in the way. it's depressing when you can't express your love for a filter sweep or really complex programming with anyone but an internet forum. people would love the underground if they knew about it.

Anything that's on the radio really, as long as it's come out less than five days ago. Often I can't decide whether I like something or not, then I just try to observe my friends to see what they think is good right now and see how I can adjust. Sometimes I think they do the same. I rarely pay attention to music anyway, but I buy everything that has a pink or yellow sticker with big words on it.

Guest dese manz hatin

I generally try and avoid a stupid follow up question.

' Broad range. Anything from Jazz to electronic music ' usually keeps uninterested people from making a fool out of themselves(in my eyes anyway).

I do like to go into it if the person's gonna be sensible about it. I've always had a hard time saying I listen to Drum and Bass. They automatically think I listen to Pendulum and other jump up clown step shit that they've heard on radio 1. In reality I prefer the more intelligent side of it. Instrumental, Calibre, D Bridge, Paradox etc etc.

This. You can't say anything really....they always do the most stupid of associations. electro = d. guetta, techno = scooter, minimal = paul kalkbrenner, indie = coldplay.......

i just stick to broad terms like electronic and hope for the best

• 1 year later...

Usually electronic music, but if not, something vague like 'music that's quite off the beaten track'. I lay down some artist names and most times draw a blank, but I do my best to try and get people to try something new that they might like.

I don't really know how to answer this question without giving someone the wrong idea. But one time someone wanted to play me some music, so in order to segue into this he asked me if I like good music. I told him I only like shitty music. He was stumped.

If anyone asks say you like ska, they will think you're a massive dickhead then leave you alone.

Archived