IGNORED

who is the author of this?

brian trageskin

i don't see how this whole thing could be related to rephlex or gerald donald in any way. doesn't sound like donald at all. i don't know why, but my little finger tells me that this guy is dutch. yeah, sounds dutch to me. or american

lol

?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't see how this whole thing could be related to rephlex or gerald donald in any way. doesn't sound like donald at all. i don't know why, but my little finger tells me that this guy is dutch. yeah, sounds dutch to me. or american

Yes, it definitely doesn't sound like something Gerald Donald would make. It's surely inspired by, but the “swing” timing in the track posted at the beginning of the thread doesn't sound Donald'ish at all.

:shrug:

Isn't Gerald Donald residing in Germany at the moment for that Zwischenwelt project? Not sure but think I read that somewhere

Yes, it definitely doesn't sound like something Gerald Donald would make. It's surely inspired by, but the “swing” timing in the track posted at the beginning of the thread doesn't sound Donald'ish at all.

:facepalm: I hope you guys are taking the piss. :facepalm:

It's Gerald Donald. Have you not listened to any of his old stuff? Have you not heard Drexciya at all? Did you even know he was part of Drexciya?

Actually I was just about to start listening to Drexciya. Ive never heard of him, Ive only listened to UR.

It's Gerald Donald. Have you not listened to any of his old stuff? Have you not heard Drexciya at all? Did you even know he was part of Drexciya?

But I'm not sure if he'd go back to that kind of sound, especially with the Zwischenwelt project.

But I'm not sure if he'd go back to that kind of sound, especially with the Zwischenwelt project.

Are we sure this is the Zwischenwelt material? If it isn't him, it is someone who has gone to great pains to sound like Drexciya.

Guest David R James

I don't think this is a fake Zwischenwelt, Zwischenwelt has a completely different sound and idea. Certainly not aimed at the dancefloor.

Guest disparaissant

was playing the // one and stumbled across this gif which matched up perfectly to it, timing wise.

tumblr_lekgxfSwwu1qa1xnko1_500.gif

just thought i'd share

but i def. agree that this sounds VERY gerald donald, if not him then someone who probably stalks him and sneaks into his studio at night to use his equipment.

this doesn't sound like gerald donald at all, to me anyway. i've heard nearly all of his discography and i don't see the connection.

making electro with 808 beats and huge analog bass + atmospheric pads does not make you gerald donald. there are hundreds of bedroom producers out there who make similar stuff.

this music has more to do with as1 or the exaltics, and all those unknown dutch producers, musically speaking.

but of course i could be wrong, this could be just gerald donald. who cares anyway, the music is great.

this is really nice. ah shit this bassline is very drexciya-friendly. the track makes me think of drexciya's "digital tsunami".

but is this type of music able to go any further than this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_hlcb727JI

I wasn't saying Gerald Donald didn't make this mind :cisfor:

But I got to say it doesn't really sound like him, I like it though.

alright, i suck at playing sherlock holmes. the guy from drexciya research lab made a comment on his blog:

"Those videos/music on the Photodementia YouTube (3 tracks now) are either for an artist called Väx Hoover with a release on Rephlex in Spring/Summer 2011 or a preview of an exclusive commissioned video project for Rephlex Records 2011 for a Dopplereffekt track called ‘Fotografische Versuche’. I’d go with the former for now, will keep an eye on it."

i googled those and found that:

http://pktube.onepakistan.com/video/afWzeuax2Bw/Dopplereffekt-Fotografische-Versuche-excerpt.html

which is a link to this private video (does anyone have him as a friend? i don't):My linkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afWzeuax2Bw&feature=player_embedded

http://www.robotsforrobots.net/viewtopic.php?id=100&p=51

for that last link, i'm sending a mail to the guy who came with that name (i can't remember who this poster is, i just know he's dutch).

by the way, väx hoover is a hoover brand.

that's all i know for the moment. more at 11

Archived