On a bit of a tangent there was a trailer for the new Demi Moore film. Fucking Hell that looked pretty fucking trippy. Trailers always look good at the cinema though don't they? Also the new Joker film with Lady GaGa? WTF....

3 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

On a bit of a tangent there was a trailer for the new Demi Moore film. Fucking Hell that looked pretty fucking trippy. Trailers always look good at the cinema though don't they? Also the new Joker film with Lady GaGa? WTF....

lol did y’all get the Mufasa/Lion King trailer? that was absolutely stupid seeing promoted before an Alien film. Disney are fucking idiots.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

On a bit of a tangent there was a trailer for the new Demi Moore film. Fucking Hell that looked pretty fucking trippy.

A few years back I'd have been interested in that film but it just seems a little too depressing/intense. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, auxien said:

lol did y’all get the Mufasa/Lion King trailer? that was absolutely stupid seeing promoted before an Alien film. Disney are fucking idiots.

Nope

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I enjoyed, i liked the characters and cared about them except for the ones that im supposed to dislike/ not care about.

Agree with RLM that there are a couple too many "they said/did the thing!" moments but it didn't bother me. 

I do keep thinking about that last 25 minutes. It keeps running through my head, with the pregnant girl stuff and the newborn. It's on a loop in my mind. 

• Like 4
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

I do keep thinking about that last 25 minutes. It keeps running through my head, with the pregnant girl stuff and the newborn. It's on a loop in my mind. 

Me too! 👶👽

• Like 1

1 hour ago, o00o said:

I haven’t seen it yet - should I watch it or not? How much of a brainless gorefest is it?

Probably get a few 🍔 for this but I think Romulus is better than 3. So I'd go see it. 

• Like 2
  • Burger 2

14 hours ago, Scaramouche said:

A few years back I'd have been interested in that film but it just seems a little too depressing/intense. 

I am interested.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, usagi said:

I am interested.

It looks similar to Divinity, but I’ll watch Demi go apeshit 🍿

17 hours ago, auxien said:

It’s weird Disney has now successfully rebooted Hellraiser, Predator, and Alien, but they keep shitting the bed on Star Wars and Marvel. 
🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, auxien said:

Got Smile 2 though. That looked pretty good. I haven't seen Smile 1.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

It looks similar to Divinity, but I’ll watch Demi go apeshit 🍿

It’s weird Disney has now successfully rebooted Hellraiser, Predator, and Alien, but they keep shitting the bed on Star Wars and Marvel. 
🤷‍♂️ 

idk about that Substance movie, looks a bit too much for my tastes (i’ve already seen RfaD i’m good).

Disney is just chucking shit at the wall to see what sticks, it’s too big, too sprawling, too many fires to tend to all at once. can’t keep it all straight and moving smooth. they should’ve never been allowed to buy up all the properties on the planet.

4 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Got Smile 2 though. That looked pretty good. I haven't seen Smile 1.

ah, i don’t think that was shown at ours in the US but i missed a couple….i heard good things about the first one but the previews just look silly to me, idk 🤷‍♂️ needs an RDJ cameo

• Like 2

Yeh, this isn't good film making sadly. Great world but bad writing. Could have been great though.

5/10 and still it is better than 95% that is coming out of Hollywood these days.

• Like 4

Yeah, started out pretty good but then they just started piling on shit. Still worth it. Had some good stuff. 

• Like 3

On 8/22/2024 at 9:30 PM, mlon said:

Yeh, this isn't good film making sadly. Great world but bad writing. Could have been great though.

5/10 and still it is better than 95% that is coming out of Hollywood these days.

You've nailed it.

I really wanted to like it, I really did! But the script and performances were generally bad bar a couple of them (most of them seemed like they'd just been taken from an episode of Dr Who!) The lead actress was probably the best.

But as you said, still better than a lot of the shit that gets released.

On 8/22/2024 at 9:30 PM, mlon said:

Still worth a watch?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, milkface said:

Still worth a watch?

Some people are just hating on it, is it Alien or Aliens? No, it's a streaming movie that they moved to the theater because of the 2023 strikes. It's still a good time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Some people are just hating on it, is it Alien or Aliens? No, it's a streaming movie that they moved to the theater because of the 2023 strikes. It's still a good time.

I've never expected it to be another Alien (which will always be the best one) or Aliens to be fair, but I'll definitely give it another chance and watch it again when it comes to streaming, which it should have definitely gone straight to. That being said, it's already made it's money back at the box office and I'm glad about that.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2024 at 2:57 PM, auxien said:

The group I was in were fortunate enough to catch it. Couldn’t help but find it funny that it’s a white “pride” of lions that are the villains. Seemed a little on the nose 😂 

• Facepalm 2