I guess I better check out this Evil Dead movie. I kind of ignore every single remake ever made. For obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

I guess I better check out this Evil Dead movie. I kind of ignore every single remake ever made. For obvious reasons.

Don't expect much. Just gore.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Squee said:

Don't expect much. Just gore.

Not into senseless gore. Doesn't interest me. So I'll probably pass.

But the gore is good! Good gore.

Honestly, I think the reason why I like it is that it's like a modern take on a 80s body horror with today's effects.

• Like 1

Confirmed merging of two franchises; Star Trek and Alien!

Eric Bana is a romulan android!

”Assholes and elbows? Ok… Make it so!”

IMG_5874.webp

Edited by xox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, xox said:

Confirmed merging of two franchises; Star Trek and Alien!

Eric Bana is a romulan android!

”Assholes and elbows? Ok… Make it so!”

IMG_5874.webp

A rival set of Engineers, different to the space Jesus ones from Prometheus, created Red Matter and the Romulans. 

Now the Alien and Borg Queen have joined forces to create Alien-Borg Drone hybrids. In space resistance is futile. 

Edited by Scaramouche
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Big Brain 1

1 hour ago, Scaramouche said:

A rival set of Engineers, different to the space Jesus ones from Prometheus, created Red Matter and the Romulans. 

Now the Alien and Borg Queen have joined forces to create Alien-Borg Drone hybrids. In space resistance is futile

In the vast, cold expanse of space, where the stars are the only witnesses to the eternal struggle for supremacy, the creation of Red Matter by a rival set of engineers marked a new era in cosmic engineering. Unlike the divine aspirations of the so-called space Jesus engineers from Prometheus, these engineers harbored no illusions of benevolence. Their ambition was clear and unclouded by morality: to harness the very fabric of the universe to their will. And in their quest for dominance, they gave rise to the Romulans, a race as cunning as they were ruthless, masters of subterfuge and manipulation.

But the universe, in its infinite complexity, had already set the stage for a far more terrifying alliance. The Alien and the Borg Queen, two of the most fearsome entities to ever scourge the galaxy, had seen the potential in combining their strengths. The Alien, with its unparalleled adaptability and ferocity, and the Borg Queen, with her cold, calculating intelligence and technological supremacy, were on the verge of creating something unimaginable: Alien-Borg Drone hybrids.

These hybrids were the epitome of perfection in the art of war. With the Alien's biological adaptability and the Borg's technological enhancements, they were virtually unstoppable. Their hive mind allowed for flawless coordination, making their attacks devastatingly efficient. Their bodies, a grotesque fusion of organic and mechanical, were capable of self-repair and could adapt to any environment, making them equally formidable in the vacuum of space as on the surface of a planet.

The creation of these hybrids signaled a new age of darkness for the galaxy. Entire civilizations fell in their wake, unable to mount a defense against an enemy that could assimilate and adapt to any strategy thrown against them. Resistance, as the Borg Queen so eloquently put it, was futile.

Yet, in the face of this seemingly insurmountable threat, a spark of hope emerged. A coalition of the galaxy's most brilliant minds, including those who had once believed in the sanctity of creation as envisaged by the space Jesus engineers, began to gather. Realizing that their differences paled in comparison to the threat at hand, they united their knowledge and resources in a desperate attempt to find a weakness in the Alien-Borg hybrids.

Their efforts led them to the very heart of the galaxy, where ancient civilizations had once harnessed the power of black holes. Here, hidden in the remnants of these long-gone societies, they discovered the existence of a substance even more potent than Red Matter: the White Singularity. Unlike Red Matter, which could create or manipulate black holes, the White Singularity had the potential to unravel the very fabric of the Borg's technological enhancements, rendering them susceptible to attack.

As the coalition worked feverishly to weaponize the White Singularity, they knew that the fate of the galaxy hung in the balance. The final confrontation, when it came, would be fought not just with weapons, but with the very principles that defined them: the belief in the sanctity of life, the value of diversity, and the indomitable spirit of resistance.

In the cold, merciless expanse of space, where the struggle for survival knows no bounds, the ultimate battle between creation and destruction, between unity and assimilation, was about to begin.

• Like 2
  • Big Brain 1

• 2 weeks later...

it's year 2031

ridley scott will be exec-producing an alien post pre-sequel

he stated: "finally, i got it right!"

the series will be set just one minute before every alien franchise installment where a weyland-yutani executive disappointingly looks at the quarterly report and exlaims to his henchmen: "Get me this alien!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

I think so. Can't find any UK cinemas showing it.

Alien Day is a contrived Disney publicity stunt, like Star Wars Day. It is weird Alien is by a British director, and was filmed in England, and yet they’re not showing it in UK.

• Like 4