• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Alien: Romulus is the working title for the next film, which will be stand alone and premier on HULU, similar to Prey and Hellraiser. Phoebe Waller-Bridge may appear as an android named Rook. Fede Alvarez is the director.

8C65D137-9DD5-4F79-9914-1DCF4EBAD32A.jpeg

I have next week off and was thinking if I can be arsed to go watch the new Avatar movie. The first one I saw at the iMax and thought it was average at best. It seemed to have a personality crisis and didn't know if it was a kids film or an adults film. I have never had a urge to ever watch it ever again.

Then I just thought what if JC had spent the last decade making a mind blowing, horrifying follow up to Aliens....

One can dream.

Edited by beerwolf

On 1/26/2023 at 11:41 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Alien: Romulus is the working title for the next film, which will be stand alone and premier on HULU, similar to Prey and Hellraiser. Phoebe Waller-Bridge may appear as an android named Rook. Fede Alvarez is the director.

8C65D137-9DD5-4F79-9914-1DCF4EBAD32A.jpeg

Well that will be Complete Shit

• Burger 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Was thinking of watching Alien Covenant (for the second time) the other day…

Just thought I’d share that thought with you 

That worries me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/29/2023 at 12:10 PM, Amen Warrior said:

Well that will be Complete Shit

and yet i will likely watch it because she's in it. she's become one of those actors i adore or something.. ever since Flea Bag which i think is the best thing ever among all the best things ever that i say that about. 

2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Was thinking of watching Alien Covenant (for the second time) the other day…

Just thought I’d share that thought with you 

i watched it once then i put it on once while editing some tracks and it was better the 2nd time because i wasn't focused on how absolutely fucking stupid the "scientists" are.. again.. i mean.. every scientist in almost every alien movie is fucking idiocracy levels of stupid. bunch of idiots who go bumbling into a new environment like it's the collection of galaga and ms pacman machines at the back of the local pizza restaurant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

i watched it once then i put it on once while editing some tracks and it was better the 2nd time because i wasn't focused on how absolutely fucking stupid the "scientists" are.. again.. i mean.. every scientist in almost every alien movie is fucking idiocracy levels of stupid. bunch of idiots who go bumbling into a new environment like it's the collection of galaga and ms pacman machines at the back of the local pizza restaurant. 

Yeah that’s the main fucking problem. Same as with Prometheus. Total dumb ass, unbelievable thick as pig shit characters. Like someone going into a public toilet and licking the bowl and surprised something bad starts happening 45 minutes later. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

And people got paid a lot of money by a film company for that. No doubt watmm could write a better fucking script. No doubt at all.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Yeah that’s the main fucking problem. Same as with Prometheus. Total dumb ass, unbelievable thick as pig shit characters. Like someone going into a public toilet and licking the bowl and surprised something bad starts happening 45 minutes later. 

Apparently Weyland-Yutani hired her for the next space mission!
Good choice WY! ? 

https://globalnews.ca/news/6718358/tiktok-toilet-seat-lick-coronavirus/amp/

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Pirtek said:

The first (and best) Alien film is an absolute classic.

All of the first three have their grand moments, Scott/Alien, Cameron/Aliens, Fincher/Alien³. Jeunet/Resurrection is not bad, there are redeeming qualities to it, The Predator crossovers are passingly watchable, and I don't hate Prometheus nor Covenant, there's plenty of bulk sci-fi that's even worse, but in the continuity context of the franchise, they're not bad at expanding the universe. I have a long-time affinity to all things Alien, I think I have about 80 % of the comics ever published, and even some of the prose compendiums, so you could say I'm a fan, so I won't be able to hate anything that comes out of that particular universe.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dcom said:

I have a long-time affinity to all things Alien, I think I have about 80 % of the comics ever published

I have a fair bit myself. 

Nightmare Asylum was easily the best story with amazing art by Den Beauvais.

This story should have used as a sequel to James Cameron's film!

Screenshot_20230827-210214~2.png

Edited by Pirtek
  • Like 1