IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

Yeah a lady walked up and tried to make me take her baby. The poor thing was snotting and visibly sick. The small villages in Sapa Valley are a little more poor than the rest of the country though.... They are tribespeople, essentially.

It was sad but also kind of scary.

So we walked away and shotgunned a beer ftw.

Whoops lol she got it covered.

Edited by StephenG

Yeah a lady walked up and tried to make me take her baby. The poor thing was snotting and visibly sick. The small villages in Sapa Valley are a little more poor than the rest of the country though.... They are tribespeople, essentially.

I missed shotgunning a beer though- that was the best part.

take her baby ? vietnam not that poorly .. ?

also, hi mrs stepheng ... i'm a cool guy that everyone really thinks is awesome, heeh ..

We were in the hill tribe area in the mountains, so they are bit less.... well off there. I guess this lady tried to hand off her baby to Stephen G and it was all sick and boogery...and she kept telling him to take it... it was bizarre, lol

And hello!!! :)

maybe she thought that he was an USAID doctorb .. mums don't usually give up their kids like that. or it was some hilltribe thing where they were being super accomidating, "oh you said she looks cute, here have her".

Lol, shotgunning a beer after that is so first world

Also, you two know each other irl?

Lol, shotgunning a beer after that is so first world

Also, you two know each other irl?

Yes, married type of thing. lol

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

here's some new ones from moi

21355553979_cefbd45290_b.jpg

21294971235_672598fbc4_b.jpg

21268715326_06d28ef382_b.jpg

21551208931_6efc98345f_b.jpg

21458359169_d9e99c619b_b.jpg

21458357369_719e551b9f_h.jpg

Full-on bonertown dude

Phone cam with an assortment of Quality Street wrappers held over the lens

20150719_155717_zpsghzncuve.jpg

20150719_160150_zpsms96ylzq.jpg

20150719_155957_zpsd9ymkerv.jpg?t=143742

20150719_163224_zpswt0zjwmt.jpg

20150719_163634_zpscaadmwmy.jpg?t=143741

20150719_163913_zpsgmzbjdxb.jpg20150719_163907_zpsfhg9gxe8.jpg

20150719_164106_zpswpc3rb9o.jpg

20150719_172116_zpsoiyisvjf.jpg20150719_170558_zpsddhmkfpa.jpg20150719_171014_zpsnbckx6eg.jpg20150719_170614_zpslxh6ty09.jpg20150719_172802_zpsjqptlc2t.jpg

Wow, these are gorgeous. Sorry about the late reply, but I didn't see these until now. They hit me right in the aesthetics, in a perfect way.

Fanks manaton! Yeah really pleased with the way they came out. Gonna do some more in autumn/winter I think and see what happens. Maybe use the technique on a few different cameras too

Those are amazing man!!!! Care to elaborate on the context or whatever? The first two resonate with me quite a bit.

thanks mang

took them both yesterday during a foggy morning walk to the train station, so I could commute to work.

those are pathways between different streets, pretty much akin to a 'back alley' except more like a 'side alley' walkway. Around this area of the north west of England, they're the kind of places you don't necessarily want to hang around unless you're doing a deal or something else similarly shady.

At that time of morning, and with the fog and the lighting, I got a feeling of isolation and loneliness from them. Snapped them, and well, the rest of my day was pretty much determined by those pictures. Ended up having a pretty shitty day of feeling isolated and lonely, due to other circumstances.

But the pictures came out cool, so it's a win overall.

I might've already said in here, but I'm gonna say it again - thank you everyone, seriously, for being so encouraging.

If it weren't for the encouragement and kind words from people here, I probably wouldn't have the confidence to try and push my photography further than just taking pics on my phone.

honestly, thank you so much.

Reallly, Reallllllllllllllly awesome pics man. Those deserve to be album or movie covers.

Do you mind if I share them? Credit to you of course.

yup, they're on Flickr under Creative Commons Non-Commercial Attrib Share Alike licence, so feel free to share as long as you attribute the original work to me ;)