IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

@MR. G --- Yeah, it's on the new one, it's a real beast. Still learning to fully dial it in. The Hummingbird was a hard one to get, had to camp out for a while to get one that close and not flying lol.

That cocksucking squirrel deserves a hellish death, for serious. I'm glad I got the pic showing it's true black heart and lack of empathy for any living thing. It will not stop until it makes noise at 1am to 2am and again from 5am to 6am every day and it rules the world. Watch out for that squirrel. The squirrel will lie, the squirrel will deceive, the squirrel will chew holes around bolts through wood like a possessed mini-beaver to avoid having to go elsewhere.

:cerious:

(p.s. thanks Danny/Carl)

I once had a baby squirrel fall into the utility closet (housing the AC/heater) and get stuck for weeks. We tried to grab him but his hiding spot was unreachable. We'd leave him water & food - almonds were his favourite. Eventually he got slow enough that we could grab him - you should have heard his death scream when he was caught. He was fine once we put him outside though.

@MR. G --- Yeah, it's on the new one, it's a real beast. Still learning to fully dial it in. The Hummingbird was a hard one to get, had to camp out for a while to get one that close and not flying lol.

That cocksucking squirrel deserves a hellish death, for serious. I'm glad I got the pic showing it's true black heart and lack of empathy for any living thing. It will not stop until it makes noise at 1am to 2am and again from 5am to 6am every day and it rules the world. Watch out for that squirrel. The squirrel will lie, the squirrel will deceive, the squirrel will chew holes around bolts through wood like a possessed mini-beaver to avoid having to go elsewhere.

:cerious:

(p.s. thanks Danny/Carl)

Sexy camera, can you remind us which one it is? We're looking to replace our Sony one. It was awesome when we bought it but there are such great cameras out there these days. Ours is a Sony dslr-a200 that we bought about 10 years ago when we got together lol.

Bait the squirrel with something delicious into a cage (they make traps for these suckers) and then let it out somewhere far, far, far away from your house.

I once had a baby squirrel fall into the utility closet (housing the AC/heater) and get stuck for weeks. We tried to grab him but his hiding spot was unreachable. We'd leave him water & food - almonds were his favourite. Eventually he got slow enough that we could grab him - you should have heard his death scream when he was caught. He was fine once we put him outside though.

cool

Tripping balls

22286530520_c84339c487_b.jpgIMGP0926 by polygon window, on Flickr

Hummingbird - California

22286520470_d2f518bbf2_b.jpgIMGP0859 by polygon window, on Flickr

A corgi named 'Jelly'

22474402905_c5b15198eb_b.jpgIMGP0767 by polygon window, on Flickr

This asshole lives in my attic

22448393116_b01e4beab0_b.jpgIMGP0621 by polygon window, on Flickr

Ionization

22474504475_174599a124_b.jpgIMGP0944 by polygon window, on Flickr

The man in the tree says I pass the test.

21853294233_6ca795a883_b.jpgIMGP0941 by polygon window, on Flickr

lovely shots, much bokeh!

i just bought a lumix lx7... i saved 150 dollars or so because it's refurbished and bought a two year warranty. i REALLY hope it doesn't break down... the canadian dollar is bad right now and i didn't want to spend wayyyy too much money(more than i think it's actually worth)

@ stephen G - It's a pentax k3II with 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 ED AL for what you guys were playing with and what we were shooting with up there - it is pretty much my stock lens for day-to-day stuff. The lens for the macro/nature stuff is the Pentax SMC DA zoom lens 18mm-270mm f3.5-6.3.

That fucking hummingbird was hard to shoot. Had to camp out to get it and pretty much take it at full zoom with a sturdy tripod.

P.S. I love this thread - WATMM has some talent when it comes to art/photography... and less so music :wink::emotawesomepm9:

KEEP EM COMING GENTS!

@ stephen G - It's a pentax k3II with 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 ED AL for what you guys were playing with and what we were shooting with up there - it is pretty much my stock lens for day-to-day stuff. The lens for the macro/nature stuff is the Pentax SMC DA zoom lens 18mm-270mm f3.5-6.3.

Noice, im a pentex shooter too. if I had the spare cash id get a K3 and a decent telephoto as well, but my K-r is good enough.

Recently got a smc DA 50mm 1.8, which has triggered a new spurt of enthusiasm for photography after a two year dry spell.

Have you used the "pixel shift" feature yet? how does it work?

Ride To Uni And Back Home: a tale in 3 acts shitty cellphone pics

Act 1: a cat

KVIsIbp.jpg

Act 2: the sky

16LhnrZ.jpg

Act 3: the demise of the video rental business empire

zuI5PXV.jpg

only really like the last one but didn't want to post a single pic

Edited by ThatSpanishGuy

I used to go to that video rental place a lot when in my early-mid teens. Used to spend a whole hour there scanning the few shelves there were over and over again looking for the perfect flick to watch that night. Sometimes I had to postpone actually watching it to the next night cause I'd take so long to choose.

The clerk was an odd, jewish and lizard looking dude. One time I overheard him discuss his conspiracy theory novel/screenplay/whatever with a mate on the phone for like an hour; talking about the reptilians and the illuminati and the moon landing and stuff like that. He knew a lot about cinema and complimented me on my taste for almost any flick I'd choose; he would know when I had people over cause I'd pick shitty ones lel. Never actually struck a lengthy convo with him cause I was young and awkward and I kind of regret it now

This is the pics thread right?

Going with a graffiti theme today..

wSUgR6Al.jpg

s4tcPZvl.jpg

The two pictures above is an abandoned building near some abandoned mine shafts in the Rocky Mountains- pretty cool!

DF2vuyKl.jpg

This was shot somewhere in Lima, Peru.

Edited by Anna K

Ride To Uni And Back Home: a tale in 3 acts shitty cellphone pics

Act 1: a cat

KVIsIbp.jpg

Act 2: the sky

16LhnrZ.jpg

Act 3: the demise of the video rental business empire

zuI5PXV.jpg

only really like the last one but didn't want to post a single pic

nice pics, and great storytime too.

there was a video shop I'd go to all the time here in Widnes, that closed up shop years and years ago though. Was a shame, would stand in there for ages chatting about films and stuff. Don't really get much chance to talk bollocks about films with people these days.

Going with a graffiti theme today..

wSUgR6Al.jpg

s4tcPZvl.jpg

The two pictures above is an abandoned building near some abandoned mine shafts in the Rocky Mountains- pretty cool!

DF2vuyKl.jpg

This was shot somewhere in Lima, Peru.

I approve of this theme, of course :beer: