IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Guest disparaissant

i found out that the flush i get when i drink certain kinds of alcohol is probably "asian flush" and is prevalent among native americans and i'm 1/2 native and it basically means you've got a ludicrously high risk of developing esophageal cancer. fun!

Guest disparaissant

I'M SORRY ALCOHOL FLUSH REACTION

it's actually just called that because it's largely found in asian peoples. it's just also found in native american peoples, but no one gives a shit about us lol.

^that's like an enyzme related thing right? I always hear slightly different explanations from my Asian friends. Also, no idea there was a connection to cancer.

:cerious:

North Texas is frozen. I'm missing a wedding because it's too dangerous to drive up there.

Also, this has been sporadically happening when I drink:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1385621614.393939.jpg

It used to just be spirits - gin in particular - and only on my face, but pic above was after wine. Thing is, it doesn't always happen, so I think I'm fine and it'll suddenly creep up on me. Wondering if it might depend on what I've eaten in combination with the whole asian alcohol flush thing. Whatever it is it's annoying and pretty unsightly.

Edit: Ugh poor quality pics

i found out that the flush i get when i drink certain kinds of alcohol is probably "asian flush" and is prevalent among native americans and i'm 1/2 native and it basically means you've got a ludicrously high risk of developing esophageal cancer. fun!

Asian flush FTW!

(though the first time it flared up all over her I was shitting myself and doing that Meningitis glass-roll detection thing)

^that's like an enyzme related thing right? I always hear slightly different explanations from my Asian friends. Also, no idea there was a connection to cancer.

:cerious:

North Texas is frozen. I'm missing a wedding because it's too dangerous to drive up there.

-38 celcius and 4-6 foot snow drifts here.

I still have to make it in to work though. =(

What does "frozen" mean in texas?

Edited by StephenG

zole, in what world is fennesz ambient music?

saw him live and it was the loudest concert I've ever been to lol

his name sounds like finesse so he has to be the abients

i call dibs on artist name/album title-- finesse "the abients"

also, pls invite me to modeyworld! will brig zoles

The next door neighbour is practicing the violin again. Jesus fucking Christ she's been doing it for about 7 years and she's still shit.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

It's -1000 here in Banff so no snowboarding. :(

you're within spitting distance from here!

did you go to Banff to go boarding or just stopping there on the way to cowtown?

Went there to meet up with family - just a quick weekend trip.

Now it's back to more FWPs - another analysis of the Japanese financial crisis for my comparative political economy seminar. Complete with literature review and presentation due on Wednesday morning.

Just went to a coffee shop and accidentally threw a $100 bill (aka C-note, hundo) into the tip jar. Almost left without noticing it.

So I guess it's not actually a problem but it could have caused me a lot of trouble and fucked my life up. Gave me a little mini panic attack thinking about what would have happen if...