Join WATMM Now!

Register and Subscribe now for as little 3.00 USD for one year to gain Supporting Member access. We also have other subscription packages to choose from that grant you extra abilities and features.

A subscription is required in order to post, reply to posts, start topics, search, and other features.

By joining and subscribing, you are helping support the forums, as well enable us to add new features and enhancements (and maintain them).

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

To sign up for a subscription package, click your user name in the upper right, and choose "Client Area". Then, choose a package that suits your needs.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

white people amiright cummies

• Please log in to reply
22358 replies to this topic

#22101 Bulk VanderHooj

Bulk VanderHooj

Hugh-Mungus

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,712 posts
  • 49 topics
  • Joined 28-January 12
  • Interests:Bulking
    Huge-ifying

Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:16 PM

awe ffs lol. Not even up for an hour? >.<

New FWP - I can't even share my stereo FWP on the interwebs because werp sucks

#22102 Zephyr_Nova

Zephyr_Nova

QC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,253 posts
  • 102 topics
  • Joined 25-January 06
  • Interests:huntin', fishin', shootin' a gun, watchin' the game, taxidermy.

Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:19 PM

Huh, well then.  I guess it's safe to assume Warp Records is following this thread extremely closely.

#22103 Bulk VanderHooj

Bulk VanderHooj

Hugh-Mungus

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,712 posts
  • 49 topics
  • Joined 28-January 12
    Huge-ifying

Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:31 PM

Prob didn't help I was playing material from squarepushers forthcoming album =/

#22104 Braintree

Braintree

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,951 posts
  • 132 topics
  • Joined 21-July 05

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:07 PM

Use a watmmer's music instead.

FWP: I moused over my own name in an email thread and noticed there was public info that should be private. I use gmail, so I went in to edit my stuff and they had waaay too much info about me. I assume it's from a job application done over Google Docs ages ago or something. I went ahead and turned everything off ("paused"), but I still don't trust it won't un-pause itself in the future.

#22105 Bulk VanderHooj

Bulk VanderHooj

Hugh-Mungus

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,712 posts
  • 49 topics
  • Joined 28-January 12
    Huge-ifying

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:14 PM

^ It's kind of scary how much personal info can be made so accessible, so easily isn't it? If you check the wrong box on gmail, social media, or even when making a purchase (they can forward your email and other info to other suppliers etc) your info is out there. 

In the day and age of massive hacks it's kind of worriesome. I just kind of accept that anything I put online will be accessible if anyone truly wants it. =/

#22106 mokz

mokz

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts
  • 37 topics
  • Joined 08-August 11
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/omzk
  • 3DS Friend Code:3351-4161-1506

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:17 PM

Been traveling/homeless for 192 days. Now starting to feel some mornings that it would be nice to wake up from my own home for a change and normal life wouldn't be so bad. Like just make breakfast and go to work. But it took longer than expected, last time it started to happen maybe after 120 days of traveling.

The biggest problem is I get used to or addicted to this kind of constant change and it's very fucking hard to stay still when I decide to. Last time I could really only go to home to sleep for the first few weeks.. I had to be always out and about doing something and wore myself out very quickly.

#22107 Bulk VanderHooj

Bulk VanderHooj

Hugh-Mungus

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,712 posts
  • 49 topics
  • Joined 28-January 12
    Huge-ifying

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:54 PM

I'm envious. Usually after 30 days I miss the creature comforts, whether that's my own bed, a regular fucking shower lol.... my fav pizza place, etc. I can't imagine 192 days. 

#22108 mushroom

mushroom

WORLDS LEAST IDM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts
  • 12 topics
  • Joined 20-May 16

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:25 AM

Been traveling/homeless for 192 days. Now starting to feel some mornings that it would be nice to wake up from my own home for a change and normal life wouldn't be so bad. Like just make breakfast and go to work. But it took longer than expected, last time it started to happen maybe after 120 days of traveling.

The biggest problem is I get used to or addicted to this kind of constant change and it's very fucking hard to stay still when I decide to. Last time I could really only go to home to sleep for the first few weeks.. I had to be always out and about doing something and wore myself out very quickly.

this doesnt seem like a first world problem

#22109 mokz

mokz

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts
  • 37 topics
  • Joined 08-August 11
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/omzk
  • 3DS Friend Code:3351-4161-1506

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:55 AM

I'm envious. Usually after 30 days I miss the creature comforts, whether that's my own bed, a regular fucking shower lol.... my fav pizza place, etc. I can't imagine 192 days. 

I've noticed for myself that around that 3-6th week mark there's a kind of mental barrier where I start to get fatigued because of all the small problems: transport breaks down or is late for 12 hours or there's no hot water or water at all, electricity disappears for half a day each day, etc. But once I push through and just decide to say "fuck it, whatever", "hakuna matata" or something similar I get into a kind of traveling flow state where I don't care about the small problems anymore. They are minor issues and my mind is not bothered with such things anymore.

Then the next mental barrier seems to come some weeks later, when my own identity starts to break down, particularly if I'm in a really alien environment. I question who or what I am, what am I doing with my life, did I choose the correct career, what is good life, etc. That gets solved finally and I start to live even more in a moment.

Then later comes this part where I start to question the idea of going to a long trip in the first place. Is this something a sane and rational person would do with his money and time? Why am I not at work doing something constructive or with my family or friends back home?

Anyway, timewise I'm going to push over my last record in about month, curious to see what's the next crisis. Running out of money? :emotawesomepm9:

this doesnt seem like a first world problem

Well, I'm in Hong Kong currently, I don't know which world this is?  :cool:

But more seriously, being able to travel like this is pretty much a first world privilege at least.. And I don't mean just the money but more importantly having a passport from a first world country that allows you to basically go anywhere without much hassle. 

#22110 Zephyr_Nova

Zephyr_Nova

QC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,253 posts
  • 102 topics
  • Joined 25-January 06

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:35 AM

Went to bed at 2:30am (earlier than normal), woke up at 7am (way earlier than normal) and needed to know the origin of the phrase "they don't think it be like it is, but it do."   I miss the days when I could wake up way too early and just fall back to sleep.

#22111 Braintree

Braintree

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,951 posts
  • 132 topics
  • Joined 21-July 05

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:31 AM

Dude, the same thing happened to me this morning. Went to bed at 1am and woke up at 5am.

Except I woke up thinking of the phrase "what the fuck are you doing with your life why can't you just make some goddamn money."

#22112 mushroom

mushroom

WORLDS LEAST IDM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts
  • 12 topics
  • Joined 20-May 16

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:06 PM

slept til 1

#22113 ambermonk

ambermonk

egao casual, caYi epic

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,290 posts
  • 43 topics
  • Joined 23-June 12
  • Interests:hehe
  • Steam:Scope_Dog

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:50 PM

My sleep was all horked this morning too. Stayed up til about 2 AM, woke up about 7:30, then went back to bed around 9 and basically slept til almost noon. Then again, having straight coffee at night probably isn't the best of habits.

Except I woke up thinking of the phrase "what the fuck are you doing with your life why can't you just make some goddamn money."

This is the primary bane of my existential crisis that torments me on a daily basis. And dank memes are the placebo.

#22114 yek

yek

MIDI received.

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,080 posts
  • 746 topics
  • Joined 14-March 02

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:09 PM

i bought a nintendo eshop card and when i scratched it the numbers came off it and was illegible... had to phone up Nintendo 1800 number and give them a bunch of info; i'll get the money put in my account in 3 business days  :dry:

#22115 Drum Up

Drum Up

Recently Joined

• Supporting Member
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • 13 topics
  • Joined 13-January 19
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/user-23055699-353945715
  • Interests:60 Hz, 12 - 20 kHz

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:46 PM

went to bed at 3:45am, woke up at 4:12 thinking, 'can't believe my country is still selling precision missiles and intel to those Saudi fucks to target school buses in Yemen . . . ah, well, can't be helped, price of empire . . .' then I realized that I was out of Frosted Flakes cereal, and milk! GODDAMMIT!

#22116 yek

yek

MIDI received.

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,080 posts
  • 746 topics
  • Joined 14-March 02

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:20 PM

I have to work later today and it's snowing like crazy.. Gotta take two buses and transfer so I'll wear my hiking boots

#22117 darreichungsform

darreichungsform

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts
  • 91 topics
  • Joined 31-July 16
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/darreichungsform
  • Interests:giving advice

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:26 PM

went to bed at 3:45am, woke up at 4:12 thinking, 'can't believe my country is still selling precision missiles and intel to those Saudi fucks to target school buses in Yemen . . . ah, well, can't be helped, price of empire . . .' then I realized that I was out of Frosted Flakes cereal, and milk! GODDAMMIT!

Your country isn't only selling weapons to terrorist regimes, it is a terrorist state itself (see post WW world history). No milk sucks tho

#22118 Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina

Agent of D.I.C.K.H.E.A.D.

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,504 posts
  • 83 topics
  • Joined 16-March 07
  • Interests:respecting women

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:14 PM

Dreading my annual appointment with our accountant/tax preparer this evening.  From everything I've heard I might have to make a pit stop for some lube on the way.

#22119 luke viia

luke viia

hate to say atoadaso

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,849 posts
  • 38 topics
  • Joined 29-October 09
  • Interests:dirt, leaves

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:27 PM

I'm supposed to be picking my gf up at the airport but this god forsaken snowstorm literally has me trapped. I just watched a 50'+ fir tree snap and miss my neighbor's house by a few feet. I can't even get the car out around the corner without losing control. Do i leave my lady at the airport? Or do i die? Mondays amirite

Edited by luke viia, 11 February 2019 - 06:28 PM.

#22120 Zephyr_Nova

Zephyr_Nova

QC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,253 posts
  • 102 topics
  • Joined 25-January 06

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:48 PM

Snow is fucking everyone's shit up over here too.  Strange weather.

#22121 yek

yek

MIDI received.

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,080 posts
  • 746 topics
  • Joined 14-March 02

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

I have to work later today and it's snowing like crazy.. Gotta take two buses and transfer so I'll wear my hiking boots

Half way to work i hear they will stop the buses soon so i turn around.. Waiting for the bus in the freezing snow for what felt like 30 minutes. I'm not used to this.

#22122 Bulk VanderHooj

Bulk VanderHooj

Hugh-Mungus

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,712 posts
  • 49 topics
  • Joined 28-January 12
    Huge-ifying

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:01 PM

Half way to work i hear they will stop the buses soon so i turn around.. Waiting for the bus in the freezing snow for what felt like 30 minutes. I'm not used to this.

We've gotten some snow but nothing crazy by calgary standards. The cold though - doesn't bother me at all but with windchill we've been seeing -30 to -45 for 10 days or so? It's looking pretty nice for the next week or so, only -20ish.

You're in Van right? Parents on the island sent me a picture, they got hammered with snow (Parksville area). 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj, 11 February 2019 - 07:02 PM.

#22123 chenGOD

chenGOD

chen is all u need

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,400 posts
  • 376 topics
  • Joined 16-November 05

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:03 PM

Went to bed at 2:30am (earlier than normal), woke up at 7am (way earlier than normal) and needed to know the origin of the phrase "they don't think it be like it is, but it do." I miss the days when I could wake up way too early and just fall back to sleep.

Did you find the origin? A lot of times when I’m briefing upper management, I want to throw this in as an answer to some of their more ridiculous questions.

#22124 Bulk VanderHooj

Bulk VanderHooj

Hugh-Mungus

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,712 posts
  • 49 topics
  • Joined 28-January 12
    Huge-ifying

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:04 PM

lol

I'm going to use that on my boss now. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj, 11 February 2019 - 07:05 PM.

#22125 chenGOD

chenGOD

chen is all u need

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,400 posts
  • 376 topics
  • Joined 16-November 05

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:06 PM

Also top lel at pacific NW being snowed in after an itty bit of snow. Come to Ottawa boys.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: white people, amiright, cummies