IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I'm teaching in a school with no AC and the state hasn't passed a budget yet, so we don't have textbooks.

I know they contains lots of historic facts, but I didn't know that Assassins Creed has become part of the curriculum

:dadjoke:

some tea leaf at work stole one of my tins of tuna. now i have to buy an alternate option for friday's lunch.

Checks calendar day. You plan ahead!

yeah i buy all my lunch stuff at the start of the week, it's just easier that way.

I do this too. I buy anything I need the next day the day before, because it made me less late to work doing it that way (Tescos is on my walk route to walk). Took me a few years to realise this, though. :nacmat:

Edited by Bechuga

some tea leaf at work stole one of my tins of tuna. now i have to buy an alternate option for friday's lunch.

Checks calendar day. You plan ahead!

yeah i buy all my lunch stuff at the start of the week, it's just easier that way.

I do this too. I buy anything I need the next day the day before, because it made me less late to work doing it that way (Tescos is on my walk route to walk). Took me a few years to realise this, though. :nacmat:

yeah it's a pain to walk in to town every day for the specific tuna i like, plus it's cheaper to buy in bulk.

my current healthy living plan involves eating a set thing most days (tuna salad), life tweaks etc.

i have to go spend $4 on protein because i just went to an air conditioned warehouse type facility and simulated purposeful labor (lifting weights), like i was doing pull ups but pretending i was rescuing hatian children from a sink hole, or harvesting mushrooms from a jungle ravine that you must climb out of

i did squats but imagined i was lifting crates of fuel rods off a freighter so my colony can run the force field dome for another six months, or loading my colony's main export (snow berries) onto another freighter for off-world shipment.

i did dips but pictured myself in a grav-chamber, training for my upcoming post on Lernoth, where i will weigh 278lbs naked.

point is i am imagining there is a purpose in my body being stronger, and i am paying for extra calories so that i can fuel it for that imagined purpose.

also the sensitivity thread

Edited by sheatheman

Wallet's too full of money. Can't close it.

ultimate fwp

but why are you carrying so much cash?

gf just gave me her half of the rent... in all 5's and 10's. Her new employer apparently has never heard of $20 bills... and no, she isn't "workin' the streets" (I know you were thinking it, watmm).

I've been fighting a war against fruit flies in my kitchen for several weeks now, and the population seems to stay at a constant. I set traps, they do exactly what they're supposed to do. I keep the garbage outside so they're not hanging out under my sink. Yet they never fuck off completely, or even mostly. Every other time I've dealt with fruit flies, they've been gone within less than a week of setting traps. I don't understand why this time is different. The battle rages on.

Sample them, or eat them, or both!

I've been getting much better at writing lately, but I also have a lot of trouble doing it for more than an hour or so. I get really inspired, put all of my soul into a few paragraphs, and then I'm done with all of the ideas I had. I wish I could write less densely so I could make developed stories, but that unfortunately just isn't how it works for me. I need help.

I've been getting much better at writing lately, but I also have a lot of trouble doing it for more than an hour or so. I get really inspired, put all of my soul into a few paragraphs, and then I'm done with all of the ideas I had. I wish I could write less densely so I could make developed stories, but that unfortunately just isn't how it works for me. I need help.

You can say a lot with just a few words

Yeah maybe he should start a new genre, one page outlines, otherwise retitled short short stories. Although lazy people of yore already jumped on the back of an existing genre, calling their short descriptive pieces, poetry.

So maybe you're a poet but didn't know it. heh ..

Drillkicker: Ursula le Guin is offering some writing advice right now, you could even email her and ask her directly for help if you so desire: http://bookviewcafe.com/blog/author/ursulakleguin/

Yeah maybe he should start a new genre, one page outlines, otherwise retitled short short stories. Although lazy people of yore already jumped on the back of an existing genre, calling their short descriptive pieces, poetry.

So maybe you're a poet but didn't know it. heh ..

Stories two page or less in length are referred to as flash fiction and is indeed a genre :mu-ziq:

Also some poems can be so long as to fill an entire book (or books) by themselves: i.e. Divine Comedy :cerious:

Also you smell