IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

As the expression goes from an old army vet I knew from work: Young, dumb, and full of cum.

(Heard the same shit a few minutes ago on my street where I live. Idiots flooring it and burning rubber in a 25 MPH/40 KMH speed zone.)

Edited by ambermonk

lol @ rasta alex jones

Oh man, I heard some ridiculous conspiracy theories when I was in the Caribbean. One was about the frogs in Dominica that are called "mountain chickens" because they are a local delicacy. These frogs are now endangered because of over-hunting, habitat loss and diseases. One local guy told me that the real reason for the frog population decline are the French. Because the French want to control the global market for frogs for human consumption they have secretly introduced some diseases to Dominica to kill off the competing and superior quality mountain chickens. 

Another theory I heard concerned about creating HIV in a computer lab to kill Africans. The guy seemed to have mixed the concepts of biological and computer viruses.

Update, now he's talking about the time he shot a man in the knee with a speargun in St Kitts. As I typed that he's moved on to some conspiracy theory about underground rivers and salt water rising?

Sample pack please :)

In a classic first world faceplant, a scrap yard has caught fire in my town and we're surrounded by dark plumes of hazardous smoke (two miles from the source atm). I work 10 hr shifts in an open warehouse. Smells like a lifetime supply of tires and styrofoam on fire, giving us headaches, stomach aches... Waiting for the news to call it a health hazard so I can shut the shop down and get the fuck indoors.

Edited by luke viia

In a classic first world faceplant, a scrap yard has caught fire in my town and we're surrounded by dark plumes of hazardous smoke (two miles from the source atm). I work 10 hr shifts in an open warehouse. Smells like a lifetime supply of tires and styrofoam on fire, giving us headaches, stomach aches... Waiting for the news to call it a health hazard so I can shut the shop down and get the fuck indoors.

I've dealt with this exact issue, scrapyard next to my plant had machinery break down, started a fire deep in their metal pit.

I can assure you, you should NOT be breathing that shit in. When galvanized metals are heated it gives off zinc. You can get really sick + over time it's cancer causing among other (headache, diarrhea, vomiting) things. Good ole metal fume fever. 

Your work should have pulled the plug immediately man. Do you have a safety manager?

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

For some reason I keep entering remix contests.  One of the prizes is invariably a Skype/phone chat with the artist.  Why the fuck would anyone want that?  Even if I enjoyed the track, I wouldn't want some awkward phone conversation with someone I had no relationship with otherwise.  I don't even think I'd want to have a Skype chat with one of my heros.  I'd be happy to meet them in person or whatever, but I just can't see a Skype chat with anyone other than a really good friend to be anything other than completely awkward.  Maybe that's just me.

For some reason I keep entering remix contests. One of the prizes is invariably a Skype/phone chat with the artist. Why the fuck would anyone want that? Even if I enjoyed the track, I wouldn't want some awkward phone conversation with someone I had no relationship with otherwise. I don't even think I'd want to have a Skype chat with one of my heros. I'd be happy to meet them in person or whatever, but I just can't see a Skype chat with anyone other than a really good friend to be anything other than completely awkward. Maybe that's just me.

No it is a seriously bad prize! But just imagining you skyping wi the artist has me floling hard! If it were recorded it would be a cultural artifact for all times.

My roommate moved his GF into our place and literally told me the day before about it. Apparently she was being kicked out of her old place after quitting her job and weaseled her way into here. Their relationship has been... tumultuous.. they’ve broken up for 3-7days at a time about a dozen times over the years, had full on shouting matches in the street and she’s even done the ‘get uncomfortably close to me to make him jealous’ thing with me...

It’s all fine and dandy in a sense because they live downstairs... but it gets more lame. She starts parking her car in my spot of the two in the driveway. I tell my roommate to fuck off and he insists that my GF’s car (she moved in 2+ years ago amicably with all parties concenting) because hers is newer. That car has been stolen 2 times on that street... so the driveway works as a deterrent.

Gf goes down to talk with her, she starts going off on her. Saying that she’s offended they’re even having this conversation and that it’s ‘included in rent” which makes no sense because she isn’t on any lease at all and we all pay rent... it just got worse and worse until it ended with her putting her hand in my GFs face and walking away saying she was ‘done’. This is a woman who didn’t say anything to us about moving in nor taking the spot or anything really... just moved in and started storing her shit everywhere while my roommates alcoholic ass bloats around demasculated by this she-devil.

My bud and I are the only ones on the lease. He’s being such a pussy he won’t even respond to my text after the incident saying we need to talk. I’m at a loss for what to do without being a huge dick. Oh and he also ‘donated’ my mini fridge, dresser and 50” LCD tv I had in our shared storage to move her shit in...

*end rant* *hands out candy*

What do you mean "donated"? Stole or sold? Fuck that noise, be as much of a "dick" as you can. 

This "woman" inserted herself into your life with no legal or real moral backing, sounds like she stole or sold some of your stuff, disrespected your GF, etc. 

Don't let shitty people take advantage of you.

Edit: Sorry, hopefully obvious I'm not suggesting you stoop to her level, but hopefully you can do something about it. (happy 2500th post btw =) lol). Give it a couple days and see if her or your room mate comes around, apologizes, and smartens up. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Shit. All I can say is you need to let her know who's in charge of the residence. Hell, I wouldn't have even allowed her in in the first place.

I wish it could be as easy as just telling her GTFO, but I don't know if there is any easy way to get rid of her. (not suggesting the violent option of course)

Yo if by donated you mean gave away without your consent, that’s theft.

Sure they’re just material goods, but it’s clear that he doesn’t have any respect.

I suggest, as an American, you shoot him.

Failing that, a strongly worded letter.

for real though, the guys a dick. Don’t let him take advantage of what an awesome human being you are.

I’m at a loss for what to do without being a huge dick. 

move out

But then the crazy couple wins.

Audio, I mean this sincerely. Don't let these people walk all over you and your lady. Stand up for yourself, even if that means being a dick. Don't let them take advantage of you.

I’m at a loss for what to do without being a huge dick.

Man, I completely understand your problem. I had some entitled asshole roommates several years ago. There is a line when being nice and courteous just ain't gonna cut it anymore. Asshole people just brush off nice people, they ignore or play around your wish to settle things in a grown up way, because they are passive-aggressively cornering you. It's a dominance game and there is a whole lot of psychology involved.

First talk to the landlord/lady about them, and make sure everything is laid out and clear what they are doing and how this affects you. Take photos for proof if you have to. Then talk to your roommates. Make ultimate demands according to house rules and contract clauses with a serious tone (no yelling, or physical stuff), get that stern look and remind them they are living in a community and they can't have it their way. Point out your previous efforts to settle things in a peaceful manner, but assert yourself that this is the final chance or they will face eviction. There is no shame in bringing the landlord/lady in this, because if you don't, it's basically your will against theirs. That is of course not true, but unfortunately, asshole people see it that way and things can escalate to a quiet or loud war which will eventually degrade into really bad case of thick idiots against a frustrated guy, with the latter then moving out because fuck that shit. So if you like and/or need that place you will have to do something about it.

The site where I used to enter and sometimes win remix contests got bought up by another site that kind of does the same thing, but shittier.  Anyway, all those remixes + any record of my wins are gone from the site, and I JUST sent off a resume type thing off to a client as part of her grant application, which included links to a few of those winning entries.  They were still there when I sent her that, like 3 days ago.  

The site where I used to enter and sometimes win remix contests got bought up by another site that kind of does the same thing, but shittier.  Anyway, all those remixes + any record of my wins are gone from the site, and I JUST sent off a resume type thing off to a client as part of her grant application, which included links to a few of those winning entries.  They were still there when I sent her that, like 3 days ago.  

Maybe you can still see it using the Way Back Machine?