IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Seems to me that there shouldnt be a funny pics thread as no one seems to laugh at others post anymore its just a secretly selected few that get the desired response of a lol from the watmm secret society members.

Were all animals are equal some seem to be more equal than others attitude.

I hear ya.

I keep getting a very passive aggressive mass email at work about the placement of historical files in accordion folder. Little bit of context - the library I work at has been humidifying old documents, which do to flatten them out for digitizing. They've been folded up for about 60+ years. A half dozen of us take shifts with the humidification part. Someone (not me btw) is sloppy when putting them in folders, having a few pages upside down, set backwards, going right to left, etc. One of the two people who sorts the recently flattened set of documents is apparently infuriated that she has to spend another few seconds (maybe even a total minute on one large folder! OMGZ) so she "reminds" us to put them in nice and right-side up. She's emailed us all at least three times now, usually in a full paragraph, and I'm tempted to tell her to confront the "suspect" one-on-one. You know, since I can't just tell her to STFU and deal with it like everyone else would in the same situation.

This is the same type of co-worker who won't ask you to do something in a succinct professional manner either - she'll make a huge "polite" fuss out of it and say something like "heeeeyyyy could you do me a quick favor pleeeeaaaaseeee? I mean, if you have time...oh, you do!? Ok cool, here let me over-explain it now..."

oh work drama :/

Edited by joshuatx

I keep getting a very passive aggressive mass email at work about the placement of historical files in accordion folder. Little bit of context - the library I work at has been humidifying old documents, which do to flatten them out for digitizing. They've been folded up for about 60+ years. A half dozen of us take shifts with the humidification part. Someone (not me btw) is sloppy when putting them in folders, having a few pages upside down, set backwards, going right to left, etc. One of the two people who sorts the recently flattened set of documents is apparently infuriated that she has to spend another few seconds (maybe even a total minute on one large folder! OMGZ) so she "reminds" us to put them in nice and right-side up. She's emailed us all at least three times now, usually in a full paragraph, and I'm tempted to tell her to confront the "suspect" one-on-one. You know, since I can't just tell her to STFU and deal with it like everyone else would in the same situation.

This is the same type of co-worker who won't ask you to do something in a succinct professional manner either - she'll make a huge "polite" fuss out of it and say something like "heeeeyyyy could you do me a quick favor pleeeeaaaaseeee? I mean, if you have time...oh, you do!? Ok cool, here let me over-explain it now..."

oh work drama :/

If I were you, I would just be very polite and direct about it. Maybe the person doesn't even know they are fucking up. Maybe they do though, in which case it's an even better idea to be direct.

If they give you any issues, grab their fucking hair and piledrive them into the floor while screaming that you'd like some milk from the milkmans wifes tits.

Then find a new job. :beer:

Good suggestions! I can say in more notable incidents I've spoken up. This was an eye-rolling moment above all else. I'm actually one of the more direct peope in my office, which is quite ironic considering my personality, but thankfully I'm not alone in noticing the passive aggressive trend. I suppose a library is too mellow of a workplace. On the flipside, daily happenings in my wife's department (we both work for the State of Texas) are now more hilariously absurd and batshit insane than the either the US or UK Office TV series. We both need to finetune our resumes - I love working there, pay is meh but the benefits are good, but there's just too much drama sometimes, especially during the legislative session.

Wow! Which grocery store is this at?

Safeway. Most of the workers there are really friendly, there's just this one really passive aggressive middle aged woman who I swear hates me.

I don't think I've been somewhere where the cashier packs the bags for you. I'm usually quite capable anyhow.

At chain grocery stores here the cashier pretty much always packs the groceries. It's a part of the job.

tomorrow i have a presentation for the first time since high school and i'm hoping beta blockers are enough to quell my ridiculous performance anxiety (blurred vision, high bp and pulse, tremors all over my body, loss of voice, basically an embarrassing clusterfuck of anxiety).

at least i'm not starving or being chased by lions daily. i guess i have it ok.

Currently eating a huge chunk of marzipan (I'm pacing it out). Problem is, it's very sweet, and it's making the Red Bull I'm drinking taste kinda weak.

Currently eating a huge chunk of marzipan (I'm pacing it out). Problem is, it's very sweet, and it's making the Red Bull I'm drinking taste kinda weak.

ah i hate when that happens...

Very little work lined up at the studio this month. Actually that's pretty great, provided it doesn't stretch out for several months. nm. My coffee is getting unacceptably cool and I will need to get up to put it in the microwave. fml.

Seems to me that there shouldnt be a funny pics thread as no one seems to laugh at others post anymore its just a secretly selected few that get the desired response of a lol from the watmm secret society members.

I hear ya.

Am glad someone does, The lols are fadeing away more and more since theres others analyzing every picture if its funny or not, Weres the lol in that exactly

I think of the funny pics thread as the funny pages in a newspaper, Were as others look upon it as some sort of failed funny art gallery

This means rocking the same underwear for two days, which rubs me the wrong way, in many ways.

considering your penchant for walkin' and fartin', this is bad news

hahaha oh geez. so true :(

anyway, in my apartment hunt, i was in the middle of viewing a nice and comfy 1BR apartment in bushwick for $1500/month. somebody put a deposit on the apartment WHILE i was viewing it, effectively taking it off the market. gahdamn

This means rocking the same underwear for two days, which rubs me the wrong way, in many ways.

considering your penchant for walkin' and fartin', this is bad news

hahaha oh geez. so true :(

anyway, in my apartment hunt, i was in the middle of viewing a nice and comfy 1BR apartment in bushwick for $1500/month. somebody put a deposit on the apartment WHILE i was viewing it, effectively taking it off the market. gahdamn

nyc is insane. every time i see numbers like that for something like a 1 bedroom, i'm astounded.

first world problem=high rent that comes with living in an in-demand area

Edited by pattern recognition

I hear ya.

Am glad someone does, The lols are fadeing away more and more since theres others analyzing every picture if its funny or not, Weres the lol in that exactly

I think of the funny pics thread as the funny pages in a newspaper, Were as others look upon it as some sort of failed funny art gallery

True.

It doesn't help that pics that SOME people find funny are removed by the moderators etc because they don't find it funny.

I hear ya.

True.

It doesn't help that pics that SOME people find funny are removed by the moderators etc because they don't find it funny.

True.

Yep, Agreed

awwww look at them... having a conversation.

i went to a show, met a girl named jennifer or jessica (or both?) and after hooking up with her for a few minutes, she told me she was 17, and asked if it would be a problem. I said no, then immediately left the venue and went home. Goddammit.

i went to a show, met a girl named jennifer or jessica (or both?) and after hooking up with her for a few minutes, she told me she was 17, and asked if it would be a problem. I said no, then immediately left the venue and went home. Goddammit.

"after hooking up with her for a few minutes"

like... you nailed her and she told you she was 17 after? Or you were just talking.

Either way, wth man! 17 is legal tender. It's not like you were lurking and looking for young un's (I think).

I hear ya.

True.

True.

Yep, Agreed

awwww look at them... having a conversation.

Ah, keltoi, please don't join the grown-up WATMMer exodus.

like... you nailed her and she told you she was 17 after? Or you were just talking.

Either way, wth man! 17 is legal tender. It's not like you were lurking and looking for young un's (I think).

just making out with her at a show for a few minutes—17 is not legal tender in nyc, as far as i'm aware. :(

just making out with her at a show for a few minutes—17 is not legal tender in nyc, as far as i'm aware. :(

I understand, all good man. =)

I looked up age of consent in New York and it's actually 17! Not trying to be creepy or anything, I don't know how old you are. Just saying you didn't do anything illegal.