IGNORED

RDJ at Sacrum Profanum 2011 (Poland)

Guest Kubazz

Guest Kubazz

http://www.sacrumprofanum.com/en/4/0/262/aphex-twin-adrian-utley-of-portishead-and-leszek-mozdzer-in-the-final-concert-of-the-9th-sacrum-profanum-festival

Reich 75 is a project which is changing the face of the Sacrum Profanum Festival. From now, the final stage of the event will feature interesting, often surprising meetings of icons of contemporary classical music with representatives of ambitious popular trends. This event will only be prepared once, and will never be repeated again.

Aphex Twin, Adrian Utley of Portishead and Leszek Możdżer have already confirmed that they will be participating in the Reich 75 project. The artists will meet on stage with Steve Reich and will present new, surprising interpretations of such classics as Come Out, Different Trains, Pendulum Music, Electric Guitar Phase and Piano Phase. Pieces by the master of minimalism are often only the springboard to free improvisation on their basis.

Soon, we will reveal other – equally hot – names of artists who will take part in this unique project. See you in Krakow on September 17th.

richard in poland twice in one month on two different events :o

http://www.sacrumprofanum.com/en/4/0/262/aphex-twin-adrian-utley-of-portishead-and-leszek-mozdzer-in-the-final-concert-of-the-9th-sacrum-profanum-festival

Reich 75 is a project which is changing the face of the Sacrum Profanum Festival. From now, the final stage of the event will feature interesting, often surprising meetings of icons of contemporary classical music with representatives of ambitious popular trends. This event will only be prepared once, and will never be repeated again.

Aphex Twin, Adrian Utley of Portishead and Leszek Możdżer have already confirmed that they will be participating in the Reich 75 project. The artists will meet on stage with Steve Reich and will present new, surprising interpretations of such classics as Come Out, Different Trains, Pendulum Music, Electric Guitar Phase and Piano Phase. Pieces by the master of minimalism are often only the springboard to free improvisation on their basis.

Soon, we will reveal other – equally hot – names of artists who will take part in this unique project. See you in Krakow on September 17th.

richard in poland twice in one month on two different events :o

:ohmy:

• 2 weeks later...

Going for a long weekend in Krakow with some friends, Saturday night I'll be on an Aphex mission and have booked my ticket for this event. Alas, none of my fellow partners are into Aphex so it's a solo mission that evening.

Any watmmers going and fancy meeting meeting up for a few beers before or after let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so.. anyone?

his 'pendulum music' was kinda breathtaking, really beautiful and droney. mics turned into disco balls were swinging over speakers with amazing light effects added. he took this rather random piece and made it work like it was his own. even reich was amazed.

902_aaf096cc.jpg

he also did some additional drones and noises for adrian utley's 'electric counterpoint'.

903_0cddee77.jpg

good gig, i must say.

Guest plutopia

Yay, 2 tickets in my hands, me and my gf goin to hear some magic rdj unreleased tracks :emotawesomepm9:

Nah no, it's just that any sufficiently advanced RDJ is indistinguishable from magic.

Seeing the stuff he's been doing lately, it's really a shame that he hasn't released a new album. Seems like he has ideas more insane now than he had back when he was constantly releasing stuff!

Archived