IGNORED

Garbage

Redruth

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

edit: Reply 2 GoDel

They've probably already done a landfill dump of Garbage era material. Love Garbage through + through.

Two of my favorites AE tunes are Garbage/amber outtakes : Nonima and P.I.O.B. mix 2

20 years later bronchusevenmx is my favorite from this release. It's perfect night time urban driving music.

Amazing track, always. Up loud, lights off, that percussion never ceases to consume me. Otherworldly, seriously. One of their most innovative pieces, IMO.

I've recently created a yt channel where I upload visual notation/composition breakdown vids, the latest one I've made is for Garbagemx. Might be of interest

/shameless self plug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iId1YAtn7o

Mesmerising!

Great work, thanks for sharing. Is it your own program? Presumably not "drawn" by hand? Really neat.

I've recently created a yt channel where I upload visual notation/composition breakdown vids, the latest one I've made is for Garbagemx. Might be of interest

/shameless self plug

Mesmerising!

Great work, thanks for sharing. Is it your own program? Presumably not "drawn" by hand? Really neat.

thanks, it was made in blender, the symbols were drawn by hand but the keyframes were set semi-automatically (bit of a headache to keep it all in sync)

/shameless self plug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iId1YAtn7o

This is awesome! This is kinda how my mind works when listening to ae

/shameless self plug

yeah bloody awesome!!

/shameless self plug

Really well done, your one for LCD Soundsystem is excellent too. I should show this to people who are on the fence about Autechre so they can see how everything fits together. It's funny as things get more complex you forget about parts that were the early backbone of the track but start to get buried in the mix.

• 8 months later...

I think this is Autechre's most emotional release. Garbagemx and Vletrmx always hit me right in the feels.

I looked up this thread to post this exact sentiment. Bronchusevenmx does it for me too in very strong ways. All great tracks though for many reasons, but the emotion of them altogether is very distinct and powerful imo.

/shameless self plug

Oh man I missed this the first time around. I usually hate these kinds of videos for Autechre tracks but this is great. The strobe effect with the dots at the beginning is almost the exact synaesthetic effect I always got from the pulses at that part of the track. Also that zoom-in/mandala effect is something I get from many of the tracks from this era, especially "Rsdio". It's interesting how as the track progresses it starts to get kind of busy but it always feels minimal. Only thing off to me is the color and lack of blurring or anything like that - this album has always had this hazy kind of VHS vibe to me and the sounds feel suspended in jello, but this looks very clean and sharp. I do like how it looks like a radar, this EP definitely has that kind of analog glow to it. Nice work.

Re: Garbage

REPRESS WHEN?

Oh man I missed this the first time around. I usually hate these kinds of videos for Autechre tracks but this is great. The strobe effect with the dots at the beginning is almost the exact synaesthetic effect I always got from the pulses at that part of the track. Also that zoom-in/mandala effect is something I get from many of the tracks from this era, especially "Rsdio". It's interesting how as the track progresses it starts to get kind of busy but it always feels minimal. Only thing off to me is the color and lack of blurring or anything like that - this album has always had this hazy kind of VHS vibe to me and the sounds feel suspended in jello, but this looks very clean and sharp. I do like how it looks like a radar, this EP definitely has that kind of analog glow to it. Nice work.

thanks for the kind words man! funny you mention the blurry/hazy synAEsthetics, it's something I also get with this track and I even tried to incorporate it into the vid. In the end i gravitated towards a more clean look though.

the current vid i'm working on right now has plenty of blur/haziness though, watch this space ;-)

• 1 month later...

/shameless self plug

Finally watched this after I book marked it 10 months ago

Ultra good job, very cool  :cool: 

/shameless self plug

whoa, excellent stuff man! I got goosebumbs all over when all layers appear at 02:58

/shameless self plug

whoa, excellent stuff man! I got goosebumbs all over when all layers appear at 02:58

Thanks for bumping this. I finally gave this a proper watch on the big screen and there's so much I missed the first time. I agree about when everything comes back in. Also I take back what I said about the colors, I especially love when the strings come back in and the background changes, this references the lo-fi vibes in a much more tasteful way than the crap I was talking about. It's weirdly intense on the big screen when the shapes start getting pushed to the edge of the screen and light up. I also like how it doesn't adhere strictly to what's going on in the track and the motion is really based on the general effect or mood of what's going on.

I would like to send this to some people to show them what synaesthesia is like but it might weird them out lol.

/shameless self plug

This is great

AE need to synch up with someone to make Max/MSP patches that spy on the internals of the generative music patches and automatically generate arbitrarily defined videos like this

same! one of the best ae-moments.

I would like to send this to some people to show them what synaesthesia is like but it might weird them out lol.

lol please do

Archived