IGNORED

Skrillex - Discuss, Debate, Praise, Hate

YEK

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

araabMuzik is not a DJ. It´s like people calling Jeremy ellis a DJ. These guys know how to tear it on midi controllers. Unlike some people who tweak unassigned knobs on a trigger finger.

HE IS SO GOOD AT PUSHING BUTTONS WITH PRE-ASSIGNED SAMPLES!

That shit towards the middle where he's pushing buttons really fast sounds horrible.

At least Skrillex can make his own sounds, this fuck just pushes buttons and rearranges them into:

1. Rhythms Skrillex has already made in other songs.

2. The sound you make when you program random notes into a drum machine for the first time and turn the tempo all of the way up to hear what it sounds like.

arrabbmusssik is better than that video suggests. his last album has at least one great track. uses that "you are now listening to arabmusik" sample WAY TOO MUCH THOUGH

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

araabMuzik is not a DJ. It´s like people calling Jeremy ellis a DJ. These guys know how to tear it on midi controllers. Unlike some people who tweak unassigned knobs on a trigger finger.

HE IS SO GOOD AT PUSHING BUTTONS WITH PRE-ASSIGNED SAMPLES!

That shit towards the middle where he's pushing buttons really fast sounds horrible.

At least Skrillex can make his own sounds, this fuck just pushes buttons and rearranges them into:

1. Rhythms Skrillex has already made in other songs.

2. The sound you make when you program random notes into a drum machine for the first time and turn the tempo all of the way up to hear what it sounds like.

arrabbmusssik is better than that video suggests. his last album has at least one great track. uses that "you are now listening to arabmusik" sample WAY TOO MUCH THOUGH

i listened to that yesterday and today i was walking along and had that bit stuck in my head.. you are now listening to aaayraabmusik

Trent Reznor was the skrillex of his era, discuss

spot on, in terms of poster boy-ness. Trent Reznor at least had way fucking more talent and skill.

Where is Trent Reznor's neck? Discuss.

he screamed that fucking neck off years ago

I can sorta get why TECHNO CASUALS would be into Skrillex. I mean, if your main exposure to music is top 40, used as background noise & never really examined, it's fairly reasonable to assume that upon being exposed to Skrillex you might think "wow, this guy writes a perfectly upbeat pop song & then turns it into an insane wall of noise midway through. What an edgy, subversive dude!"

Of course WATMM spends most of its time listening to, discussing, & producing electronic music, so when we hear it it sounds like some cheesy vst pop (and I say that as a big fan of vsts) with a tacked on basswob section that doesn't so much feel like controlled chaos as a guy flicking through some presets.

If you listen to synth music regularly, & especially if you get a taste for making it yourself, it won't be long before you come to recognize how most popular sounds are made, & it takes an increasingly unique noise to wow you without it having an actual tune behind it. It's like trying to do a card trick for a room full of magicians.

Skrillex is an asshole

skrillex-derp.jpg

JEEZE ATOP GET WITH IT MAN I POSTED THAT SHIT A COONS AGE AGO :mu-ziq::mcgriff:

I looked but no find before post, so sorry, so so sorry....MERRY FISTMAS

Archived