IGNORED

Skrillex - Discuss, Debate, Praise, Hate

YEK

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heheheh, have heard this being sampled before. He can eat his own ignorance on a lot of things, yes electronic music is infested with a lot of people who make their own self importance but it does take a lot of imagination and talent to do certain things... for example in the youtube video he mentions "bring back funk and soul", isn't he aware that was the aim of Underground Resistance from Detroit for example? he seems to have completely got the wrong end of the stick on certain faucets of electronic music entirely.

^ exactly - UR and a plethora of other techno and house artists aren't what he speaks of, but shame on him for not knowing otherwise. I'm sure some overrated spoken word novelty comedian calling "punk" shit, based off Hot Topic-y teen bands, yet never heard of Black Flag would piss Rollins off to no end.

... British electro-pop star Example recently described him as "the new punk rock", Skrillex takes this as an affront, as an accusation of atonality. He is, it seems, fed up with being described as "noisy", insisting: "It's not noise. It's orchestrated."

:cerious:

Are you suggesting Skrillex is noise? I'm confused

np: skrillex - pulse demon

lol

rlol literally the only Merzbow album I actually listened to

Skrillex is metal. Right?

sorta

tangent back to the Korn guy in 3, 2, 1...

I think the quality of that Skrillex track should easily redeem Aaron Funk in the eyes of many watmmers.

sonny moore in your punani

i'm one of the main authors of that wiki article and the 'brostep' section caused more arguments than anything in years and years.

Yeah I read the discussion page on that. Also saw the blurb where some not at all relevant metalcore band were cited as being influenced by dubstep with no citation.

i'm one of the main authors of that wiki article and the 'brostep' section caused more arguments than anything in years and years.

Yeah I read the discussion page on that. Also saw the blurb where some not at all relevant metalcore band were cited as being influenced by dubstep with no citation.

oh god, i'd forgotten that particular one. it was painful.

oh god, i'd forgotten that particular one. it was painful.

:unsure: sorry for reminding you - people are so fucking lame sometimes

Guest drukqs

... British electro-pop star Example recently described him as "the new punk rock", Skrillex takes this as an affront, as an accusation of atonality. He is, it seems, fed up with being described as "noisy", insisting: "It's not noise. It's orchestrated."

I wonder what these fools would say if they heard Drukqs

I'm pointing out the absurdity of taking offense at being called "punk rock" because "punk rock is atonal", and insisting that your music is somehow a standard above because derp, it's orchestrated. this from a guy who was in a band that owes some to punk rock.

Yeah, it is a very strange reaction to that, but all things considered if Example said anything about anything I had ever done or been near i'd probably hang myself through shame.

Archived