IGNORED

Skrillex - Discuss, Debate, Praise, Hate

YEK

absolutely no way im reading any of this thread to see if its jazz band but

http://www.vice.com/...n-february-2012

btw, 71 pages, wtf?

hes not even any shittier than the whole flux pavialion, datsik and cookie monster shit from the last few years.

THIS - I've been realizing that lately too. Flux Pavillion, Datsik, Doctor P, Borgore, Nero, Modestep, Chase and Status, Excision, Knife Party, etc all made far more offensive, gimmicky loudass noise than most Skrillex. If someone declares they like Skrillex I sigh. If people say they like said derpstep mid-range ear rapists, I'm like "SRSLY!?" I like harder dubstep and breakcore: some Rusko, Vex'd, Milanese, Coki, Caspa, Skream and likewise I know luke saibot mentioned he was introduced to dubstep via 16bit, but that output is closer to industrial and hardcore techno. I can't comprehend how people can listen to that brostep and EDM for long periods of time. Maybe their ears are that fucked from years of listening to loud pop with shitty audio equipment. Perplexing either way.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Maybe a little, but I think the whole "yeah I know smoking & drinking cheap whiskey & eating fast food is bad for you but whatchagondo it's ironic man" mindset has sorta been a thing in Indie circles for a few years now.

I don't know what that is but I can't imagine I have even close to 50 posts in the thread

I've posted over 60 now. This did merge multiple threads though, and I know at this point many of posts are meme-related lols and continued curiousity of how and why Sonny Moore rose to fame and popularity, not just straight up bashing. I remember stumpling upon Skrillex over a year ago for two reasons: a friend of mine starting obsessing over him, and I read a interview with him when that Britney Spears track dropped, and he was introduced as "biggest star in dubstep." I was intrigued (and at the time, quite pissed) that he and a wave of other godawful EDM producers had become what most of the public considers "dubstep." I posted a lot of angry rants back then. As I've probably mentioned before, this marked my first experience watching a genre/scene warp into something it was never meant to be. I joined my friends who listened to certain bands that sold out, or went from being part of the 90s emo fanbase and watching it transform into a universal joke. It was a strange and now liberating experience, because I realized it was pointless and exhausting to be frustrated. Now I see this former screamo/whinecore DJ and producer with a detached and perplexed perspective. It's hilarious and intriguing to see what's gone on in a year. I never expected my same friend to be in a gallery of "girls w/ skrillex haircuts" linked on watmm. It's a crazy world; someone ought to sell tickets. This is my last post.

Hell no! Expect me to keep following this spledid, skrilltastic nonsense. 219c2gi.gif

Archived