IGNORED

Skrillex - Discuss, Debate, Praise, Hate

YEK

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Skrillex fan I've mentioned before (the one I spotted in the 'girls w/ Skrillex hair link) went to every single gig he did at SXSW 2011. She even missed Odd Future just to watch one of his brief daytime DJ sets. :facepalm:

lol. I bet I'll see her if I do go to one of his gigs.

What shows are you going to in the next few days? I've been scanning the schedule grid trying to find cool electronic stuff but honestly I've never heard of 90% of the bands. It's hard to figure out which ones might be good outside of clicking on names that sound good and listening to the samples.

this is going on right now http://brokenteethcr...xsw-2012-lineup (I'm stuck at work :dry: )

I'd look for any future bass and beat scene gigs, I'm sure there's plenty of producers still in town. Maybe do a search for names here: http://showlistaustin.com/ I have to leave town this weekend so I've kind of tuned it all out I'm afraid. Good luck!

Thanks for the recommendations! I think I'll check out that Broken Teeth thing in a minute.

Do you know of any specific future bass/beat scene acts to look for that are here?

She seems like an artist that people with otherwise limited musical taste would embrace as "indie" or "alternative," thanks to the way she's marketed.

You can tell she's indie because her video has a faux-retro photographic style..... Just like a Polaroid!!

hah, didnt even think of that

Sorry I can't help you more with names of people playing, I know Hudmo is tomorrow at Fader Fort. Jacques Greene played earlier, had no idea if he's still in town. I thought about seeing Flylo on Saturday but I had friends with badges who couldn't get in. I've really made myself oblivious to all of it, I'm not much help to be honest. :sad:

Guest drukqs

Skrillex isn't as bad as you guys (and I used to) make him out to be. Shit gets me pumped as fuck while I',m at the gym.

Guest mischjok

Skrillex isn't as bad as you guys (and I used to) make him out to be. Shit gets me pumped as fuck while I',m at the gym.

If I were you I´d start listening to the Village People again.

I don't know man. He's pretty shitty.

He's the tiesto of dubstep pretty much.

People have been saying that other brostep artists are worse. I'm not sure about that since I (thankfully) haven't heard much other than Skrillex, but I can say that after listening to a club radio station in someone else's car, Deadmau5 is way better than most rave artists. So I wouldn't be particularly surprised if Skrillex were the same way.

People have been saying that other brostep artists are worse. I'm not sure about that since I (thankfully) haven't heard much other than Skrillex, but I can say that after listening to a club radio station in someone else's car, Deadmau5 is way better than most rave artists. So I wouldn't be particularly surprised if Skrillex were the same way.

probably true, but just because it's shit that stinks a little bit less than other shits doesn't mean it's not shit.

It's just shit with an umbrella sticking out of it :cerious:

how goes the saying..? hot shit in a champagne glass vs cold diarrhea in a dixie cup

Guest peteisfat

I like to think of it more as hot shit that goes into your mouth and straight down your throat (Skrillex) vs hot shit that gets smeared all over your body and lingers throughout the rest of the day (Brostep in general)

I like to think of it more as hot shit that goes into your mouth and straight down your throat (Skrillex) vs hot shit that gets smeared all over your body and lingers throughout the rest of the day (Brostep in general)

LOL that is fairly accurate. good one

The John Lennon of Electronic Music ..

UNLOCK POTENTIAL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv44MHWsDPQ

That track isnt even the beatles or Skrillex. Its John Lennon and bloody beatroots.

meh, shitty dubstep is interchangeable between artists.

And im pretty sure the image is of tiesto.

Whatever.

Sloppy youtube piss'takin'

Guest Backson

UNLOCK POTENTIAL!!!

That track isnt even the beatles or Skrillex. Its John Lennon and bloody beatroots.

Whatever.

wow, it took you guys 4 quotes to totally explain that joke.

that's some real, next level joke ruining you guys are doing there. you should be very proud.

UNLOCK POTENTIAL!!!

Whatever.

that's some real, next level joke ruining you guys are doing there. you should be very proud.

i didn't get it until you explained it. what does that say about your musical tastes?

UNLOCK POTENTIAL!!!

Whatever.

Some joke. And like Kaini pointed out, you seem to be the only one that knows all those shitty artists.

Go listen to some tiesto or beatroots or whatever the fuck that shit is.

Archived