IGNORED

Comic Books / Graphic Novels thread

Rubin Farr

Cerebus man. Fucking Cerebus. This guy put 30 years of growing up in comic form. Lovin it

i used to love Cerebus until i started becoming pretty political, then i had a whole new understanding of what Dave Simm actually believes in. It's sadly so off putting that i lost complete interest in the series. In some ways he's even more of a generic right winger than Frank Miller, and much more opinionated about it too

Guest bitroast

Just about to finish David b.'s Epileptic. Enjoyable stuff^^ also recently read Blankets. Cerebus book 1. Friend has offeredto borrow Harvey pekar's Our Cancer Years, so that'll be next I think^^

Guest Roksen Creek

Only seen black and white akira. I don't even think a full colour version is available anymore? And I think the only colour one that was released was abridged, unless I'm getting mixed up

the reboot of Jack Kirby's OMAC is seriously awesome. Also reading the new Batman Beyond Unlimited & Superman Beyond universe.

Hoping to pick up Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.1 TPB next week.

• 1 month later...

LOL, wait, what? So the crappy X-Men films have actually pre-empted a storyline that was then used in the comic? Didn't Cyclops kill Xavier in X3?

No wait, Phoenix killed Cyclops.

Oh wait, nevermind. Apparently there was a post-credits scene of Xavier in hospital.

Been slowly adding to my Batman collection lately... I finished The Long Halloween, and Venom and just bought A Death In The Family for cheap at a used book store. I wanna get the Knightfalls as well.

I now have:

Year One

Venom

The Long Halloween

The Killing Joke

A Death In The Family

Arkham Asylum

The Dark Knight Returns

• 4 weeks later...

My Batman graphic novel collection has continued to grow. I picked up the Court of Owls one, from the new 52 revamp. I was pretty impressed with it, Greg Capullo's artwork is top-notch, and the writing is great as well. Also picked up part 1 and 2 of the Knightfall trilogy. Still making my way through Part 1, but it's good so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up some of the various #0 and #1 issues from the New 52 restarts of Batman..l also picked up Batman: Shaman and Dark Knight Dynasty graphic novels for a deal from a local bookstore/comic shop... Still working my way through the Knightfalls though.

Also waiting to get the rest of the Court of Owls collected Trades when those are out next year, The new revamps are pretty sweet Scott Snyder is a good writer, and Ive been a fan of Greg Capullo's art since he worked on Spawn:

51Lsvfm941L._SL500_.jpg51khXTb1Y0L._SL500_.jpg

I've persisted with the New 52 Batman. It's up to #13 this month... but I'm just not into it.

Swamp Thing neither.

I can't say as much about the rest of the new 52, but I found the Court of Owls ac interesting so far, can't say I'll follow much of it after, probably more so fillout my collection of pre-exsisting Batman stuff. I need to get some of the old Bob Kane anthologies, but those volumes are a little more spendy.

I've been REALLY meaning to checkout some of Alan Moore's work on Swamp Thing