IGNORED

Vancouver WATMMer's!

DerWaschbar

I just moved to Van a few weeks ago and was curious if any of the Vancouver WATMM folks knew of any good live electronic music/noise/metal/'experimental' sort of stuff going on in the city. I have tickets to Plaid which is tomorrow and I went and saw FaltyDL a week ago, any other good shows coming up? Or any regular events worth checking out?

Thanks!

I probably see more shows in Vancouver than I do in my home town (Victoria). Saw Portishead there last month, saw Autechre there twice, Jamie Lidell, Grizzly Bear... lots of great artists like to pass through Van, decent metal scene too last I checked... Mayhem's playing there tomorrow. Be sure to check livevan.com for upcoming shows, lots of info there.

Yup, I saw vibert there. I've seen a lot more metal than idm.electronic. Gonna be at the mayhem show. Rickshaw tends to host a lot of good metal shows. But having to line up in the DTES is a bit of a pain in the ass.

Thanks for the heads up guys, I appreciate it. Livevan looks like a good resource, I'll keep an eye on the lineups at Rickshaw. Won't be able to catch the Mayhem show as I'll be checking out Plaid. Goiter I'll see you there!

Guest Helper ET

i dont know about vancouver, but Tipper is coming to victoria on Dec 1 and you can bet your ass ill be there

ps - zephyr, i guess we live in the same city now, thats fucking awesome. lets go eat hernandez some day!

Shame Tipper isn't playing Vancouver, I doubt I can make that one. Anyways, just thought I would bump this to give you guys a heads up on this:

Squarewaves Electronic Music Festival

It's a little late (one of the days was today). I'm going to check it out a bit and see if its any good.

i dont know about vancouver, but Tipper is coming to victoria on Dec 1 and you can bet your ass ill be there

ps - zephyr, i guess we live in the same city now, thats fucking awesome. lets go eat hernandez some day!

you're in victoria? hot damn. also that is a shitty city to find work/an affordable apartment in.

It's a small world afterall! How long have you been lurking around here?

• 1 year later...

*bump* on an old thread... planning my honeymoon for next year, really want to get back to Canada. Am currently looking at a weeks skiing in Whistler, followed by a week in Vancouver.

Need recommendations on things to do, can't decide whether to go December or next January... would very much like to see a show / gig / go clubbing or something whilst our there :music: We will probably do plenty of touristy stuff like the suspension bridge park and the awesome looking national park area you have over there, but "local" recommendations that are off the usual tourist trail would be appreciated

• 6 months later...

Ok so actually booked this trip now, will be in Whistler for 10 days in January followed by 4 nights in Vancouver (16 - 20th January 2014).

So... things to do in Vancouver? I see that Canuck's single tickets go on sale this weekend, so it would be pretty cool to see their home game vs. Flames, but really depends how much they sell for. Any ideas? If its like going to see Man United or Chelsea over here then probably sold out in a few mins?

Otherwise, can't find any gig listings or things yet, but i'm guessing January is a quiet month after the festive period like it is in London.

Archived