IGNORED

Photodementia - Fig. 03

Redruth

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oki stupid to take machinedrum, but say monolith he would get 5k sold easily, or say wisp, wasn't talking about photod, and lots of stuff from small labels is 300 or 400 max.

edit: nah hm too much, maybe 3k ?

Well we are talking about vinyl, it's selling pretty badly, many labels are thinking of not bothering with it anymore. I can't actually tell you about machinedrum because you have to wait around six months to get the sales figures.

Monolith isn't that well known in the grand scheme of things, I really do think you have a warped view of the genre of music you listen to. It's true that many have heard of Aphex Twin, but maybe because they've heard one song, that doesn't mean that they'll investigate, obviously there are those that do but they are few and far between. Many people (such as myself) wouldn't normally choose vinyl because they have to move around or they don't have the equipment (all the equipment is not my own)

Five thousand is quite a lot for vinyl, electronic music especially, he may have got to two thousand but that's pushing it.

i heard that, for underground music, label are pressing around 1000 records because 500 would cost almost the same if not more.

from i understood its really a small niche. underground electronic music do not sale loads of records but now that most people are only downloading freely, its really a tiny market. i think that most artists in electro makes money with DJing, licensing, certainly not with vinyl releases.

i heard that, for underground music, label are pressing around 1000 records because 500 would cost almost the same if not more.

from i understood its really a small niche. underground electronic music do not sale loads of records but now that most people are only downloading freely, its really a tiny market. i think that most artists in electro makes money with DJing, licensing, certainly not with vinyl releases.

Well the issue there is that yes, sometimes I could cost only a small amount more but, its still more. (every 500 pressings lacquers have to be redone) The issue would then be to do with storage (remember the London riots, sony building?) storing all that merchandise costs a lot. It's better to sell 500, then if the distributor recommends more press more.

Sometimes only 300 is pressed.

see this is what you got wrong, I knew it from the first time. I'm not turning you into doris day, the first time you posted itt 'is it stupid to ask' and then changed it after I called you sweetheart, you thought oops disrespect. It wasn't meant to be. I just called you sweetheart for no reason, maybe I was looking at your picture too long, jesus christ.

schlucharski: maybe this is an interesting read for you http://www.gabekoch....-and-education/

(im guessing you know merck records)

i'd be amazed if they sell a thousand copies of this..ever. maybe a few hundred.

thanks, indeed interesting.

nope, that's why this is wanted so fucking bad. you can't hear shit from it, but those small clips on the tube, not until you're abtle to drop the dough on the tape or vinyl... i am waiting for my next paycheck quite impatiently at this point

now days selling 300 records is a good thing ;) serious, this shit is true niche business :cry: (sadphace because wouldn't it be nice if there were thousands of people who want vinyl copies of great music??)

PS: and yes I agree with Rixx, jumping into post on WATMM is not representative of the music scene as a whole, FAR from it.... its a really really removed little bubble..... there seem to be complete misconceptions jumping around in here every so often about certain people and certain things....

It's true, but that's why we should pull together and be more united. Record labels/artist and consumers could have a more direct interaction with music that's why I really enjoy seeing you guys blog and get involved. Sometimes, it feels that you guys get paranoid/aggressive towards up and coming artist within your little bubble, it is after all a world where innovation should thrive!

I just pre-ordered this from boomkat. Now I am waiting on them to ship two things, I guess.

I feel crazy for having paid so much for 1 LP, but hopefully the money is mostly going to Photodementia so he can make more music. *fingers crossed*

It's true, but that's why we should pull together and be more united. Record labels/artist and consumers could have a more direct interaction with music that's why I really enjoy seeing you guys blog and get involved. Sometimes, it feels that you guys get paranoid/aggressive towards up and coming artist within your little bubble, it is after all a world where innovation should thrive!

definitely! community actions/united works are the way forward!

I am proud to be part of certain movements/bubbles in Glasgow which have good ambitions for the future which'll hopefully mean one day some nice records to enjoy :music: (think a genuine UR style movement, it excites me :D )

305831_10150431391578356_595613355_11138430_103713_n.jpg

303041_10150532183088356_595613355_11782988_2017397764_n.jpg

381278_10150601028543356_595613355_12022171_443730342_n.jpg

Community action! ambitions are rolling :spiteful:

Sadly vinyl is again delayed 15 days. It's a bit mysterious that they only start the shipping counter again and again with releases from the rephlex HQ.

I really like tapes and collect them but this has more or less the same price tag as the vinyl (somebody mentioned it before here) so why not choose the better format?

Boomkat really taught me to wait last year.

Archived