IGNORED

Photodementia - Fig. 04

Redruth

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess they tried to transplant the '97 internet as well. Just like the music.

And yes, no mp3 in '97. You'd almost think it's the artists desire to return to the pre-napster era. What a dork.

is making us not know for 100% sure which of the already signed Rephlex artists are behind this, OR what combination of them are.

it's trolling. rephlex is trolling us.

someone needs to studyup on their history .

you mean the blatantly unverifiable 'history' that is asserted in the 'rephlex' (or whatever fake label moniker they used) press release? Please give me more of that to study

for some reason i'm getting a Global goon vibe off this, maybe this is the release Syntheme claimed would be coming out on rephlex? I never saw that materialize... these clips sound Aphexy but not tell-tale. They are def not made in 1997 though

I don´t think it´s afx, way too much straight up electro-ey. Too raw/dirty to be Stingray. I still suspect Monolith.

Concerning the whole Rephlex debacle: I contacted Grant through FB and he was nice enough to reply! In reply to my "I remember EOD being signed on Rephlex", he said "I rememeber hearing about various assumptions on messageboards to that we dont bother to read or correct". So it's EOD's own fault for confirming that here. Or him playing on Bangface under the Rephlex roster. Or the fact that Grant himself dropped his name on facebook (I can remember that, he deleted it later). Or EOD confirming it on his own facebook. ...

He also told me that the last Rephlex release was Pierre Bastien and the EDM, EOD, Photodementia and Ultrademon releases are all on different imprints and he just supports them and get's promo's. I wasn't going to post this here but the answer about messageboards was just worthy of posting on a messageboard.

Think of it what you will. I'm still ordering the hell out of Photodementia because it sounds great.

Archived