IGNORED

2012 Hysteria Is Coming

Redruth

the earth hangs by thread in the midst of an infinite black sea. the number of events that could very easily cause our demise is quite large. many humans live by faith, others are only sustained by their own naiveté

I will debate this in that the black sea of space is beyond enormous and the chances of something hitting the earth that is large enough to cause a global endgame is pretty astronomical, though over enough time something will happen. I seriously doubt it will happen conveniently next year. Also that last sentence is extremely loaded and I posit that it was merely posted to incite a negative reaction from watmmers. For shame.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earlier this year when that bible study group's end of the world predictions failed, I read an interesting psychology article on how believers in these cases simply assume the change is still coming and they just interpreted it wrong. I predict that a bunch of people who believe that 2012==big change might have a big party at Stonehenge. And then on Dec 22 they will either say 1. fuck it, thanks for the party or 2. reinterpret the calendar for a different date.

I predict I'll probably drink beer that night and stay up late with friends. And possibly watch the sunrise. Not that there's anything special about that date.. other than that I kind of have an annual winter tradition that involves staying up late, watching the sunrise, and drinking beer.

I hope a lot of people commit suicide, to make the world a better place.

We're about overdue for another "Heaven's Gate" incident, perhaps a bunch of people drinking the kool-aid this time to transport to Nibiru? :sup:

so what's the deal, the world ends at some point during 2012? not on the 1st?

Isn't the year 4709 in China?

*jots it down*

not sure what the meaning behind that post is but i'm jotting down everything you say in the hope that rehashing it at house parties will result in sex.

nobody actually knows when 21st December 2012 (or whatever the supposed doomsday date thing is) is. it could have been last tuesday for all we know. everything is subjective. i'm probably imagining all this right now.

I don't think there will be any hysteria. If the idea that the world is going to end causes people to re-evaluate some shit, then that could end up being a positive thing, but as for chaos, terror and fucking in the streets... nah.

totally agree.

the more paranoid and fearful might stockpile food and water... and petrol and guns.

but... i don't think there will be anything like fucking in the streets! if only.

but that is way too loving for human beings!

if it really came to the end of things, people would be killing each other! not fucking each other, sadly.

there will be chaos and terror, though, but just like every other year for the previous thousands of years on this planet.

I don't think there will be any hysteria. If the idea that the world is going to end causes people to re-evaluate some shit, then that could end up being a positive thing, but as for chaos, terror and fucking in the streets... nah.

totally agree.

the more paranoid and fearful might stockpile food and water... and petrol and guns.

but... i don't think there will be anything like fucking in the streets! if only.

but that is way too loving for human beings!

if it really came to the end of things, people would be killing each other! not fucking each other, sadly.

there will be chaos and terror, though, but just like every other year for the previous thousands of years on this planet.

Having 7 days or more worth of food stocked away might be a sign you're a terrorist...

All the authors who cashed in on silly books about 2012 will be laughing to the bank when nothing happens and a whole lot of people are going to feel very dumb and silly.

might be like the 'millenium bug' all over again. might not. but probably will.

whether it be fueled by believers or disbelievers, this coming year is going to be filled with the 2012 hysteria. even if the world does not come to the end, i'm sure by december 21st we are all going to wish it had

By hysteria. Do you mean a couple of extra shows on 2012 social phenomena, screening on cable TV.

i need to pen a song about 2012 and the end of the world and get it out on the webz and make a shit load of cash at new year.

well done. I'll be your agent.

I hope will smith makes another rap song to go with the y2k song.

If there is anything to look forward to for that day, its an epic Coast to Coast AM broadcast.

true that! lol

beyond the "end-times" being completely open to interpretation... why aren't people subscribing to all the other mayan beliefs... sacraficing thousands of people to the sun mayhaps. why is belief so pick and mix

There is actually no evidence that Mayans believed that the world would end with the end of the long count on their calender. That's just something westerners came up with and ran with.

we'll see. most of me says it is only another 'doom prophecy' put about to keep (some of) us scared and submissive... and buying shit in bulk..

but, like Lucy said, there is a positive thing to take out of all of these doomy gloomy things, and that is to get your house in order, so to speak, and cherish everyday, have fun and treat it as if it were your last pitiful, pathetic existence on this planet. :)

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.

So the insects beat the reptilians eh. What next, amoeba overlords, subatomic wave function overlords?

Whilst we're trending.

apparently there's a debate among mayan enthusiasts about when "the end of the world" actually occurs. some say october 28th 2011, some say december 21 2012.

i can't say i remember anything important happening on october 28th this year. i may or may not have had a pretty good burrito.

unvrsl_fig2.gif

RIP evolution

well, chengod locked a thread and i reckon it has something to do with 2012 hysteria, cause otherwise, what the fuck is he doing?

edit: nah, it's a good thread but you know

u guys wasnt there also the i-ching calendar that predicted the same thing as the mayan calander ??? cuz im pretty sure theres reasons for ppl to believe these conspiracies and just cuz theyre conspiaracies doesnt mean u should say THATS NOT TRUE because therye scary sounding.

also theres tons of conspiracies and obviously theres some crazy ones but theres some that make sense and to be a good person u got to keep an open mind to all sorts of ideas in life because if u dont ur just all around not a good person!

thats what i think anyways but whatever

unvrsl_fig2.gif

nice graph!

Maybe we need a WATMM end of the world compilation - start making it now, give us at least 7 months to work on it before releasing it to the masses, gaining some sort of recognition for our works just before the river of hades opens up in my back yard and swallows me up.

Archived