IGNORED

2012 Hysteria Is Coming

Redruth

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it is just like John Carpenter's The Fog, and instead of pirates, the Mayans come back and make tamales for everyone. I will give them blankets. It will be like old times.

But seriously I am excited to see how many UFO cults and other ones commit mass suicide tomorrow. It will lessen the load of assholes on earth. Unfortunately they will probable try and take some non-believers with them. Selfish pricks. We don't all have to believe the same things. My New Balances might not fit in with their Nikes. My apocalypse mix will be the talk of the mothership though. Fuck you.

I hope it is just like John Carpenter's The Fog, and instead of pirates, the Mayans come back and make tamales for everyone. I will give them blankets. It will be like old times.

But seriously I am excited to see how many UFO cults and other ones commit mass suicide tomorrow. It will lessen the load of assholes on earth. Unfortunately they will probable try and take some non-believers with them. Selfish pricks. We don't all have to believe the same things. My New Balances might not fit in with their Nikes. My apocalypse mix will be the talk of the mothership though. Fuck you.

:beer:

But seriously I am excited to see how many UFO cults and other ones commit mass suicide tomorrow. It will lessen the load of assholes on earth. Unfortunately they will probable try and take some non-believers with them. Selfish pricks. We don't all have to believe the same things.

I hope bystanders don't killed but yeah, morbidly interested in the same potential events come tomorrow. It's sorta how I view the evangelical Christian/ultra-Zionist/fundamental Islamic clusterfuck over Israel - they're so convinced of end times coming it's a potential self-fulfilling prophecy.

That will be nice. We could then play a pick-up game of ōllamaliztli.

Guest Lucy Faringold

Oh man, had a hardcore end-of the-world dream last night. I have them all the time but I guess it was fitting to get one last night.

Alien lightships fast-as-flies dropping death rays across the cities. Watching my dad look at the scene and say, "It's over. we're going to die." :-(

Thankfully got semi-lucid pretty fast and realised I was just dreaming.

Is there any footage of true hardcore believers wandering around and feeling confused/awkward/embarrassed/stupid/annoyed/angry/unlush?

A camera that was filming a happy 'the-world-is-finally-ending-i-can-feel-it' face that slowly realizes it isn't going to happen?

Footage of a group that was standing in a cirle holding hands and the leader says "Ok guys this is it" and everybody squeezes hands and hold their heads down and close their eyes and some cry and after a long silence a head or two will look up and confusedly look around and after a while more and more heads look up and the circle silently breaks up with people walking away with their hands in their pockets whistling a nonchalant tune while not uttering a single word?

I want to watch something like that.

Badly.

i had a crazy dream that i was trying to shove hundreds of goldfish into a tiny bowl and they kept jumping out. they would rather flop on the floor than stay in the super crowed tiny bowl. some of the fish were gold and some were black. there were weird tentacle creatures on the floor as well as cooked shrimp that i kept trying to cram back in the bowl as well.

That's odd cause I had dreams which I can remember fully last night. Was all based around a warehouse of some sort. Basically it was several scenarios where I would always come out badly at the end. Trying to fuck, getting chased, beaten up... that sort of thing. I'm quite glad attention seeking kitty woke me up just in time...

Guest RadarJammer

it felt like the enthusiasm by people for 2012 became less and less over the last several years as the date got closer and people felt the tug of having to take responsibility for what you really believe in. as the steam slowly let out the news started yammering about it and that's all that was left by the time it happened, an empty shell of a dream only inhabited by talk radio hosts.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived