IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

i don't think i'll be changing the speed for cyg x-1 or maelstrom anymore. regarding iyff acid e1 at 66.742% speed, i wasn't sure about the tones, then i noticed the perc samples were kinda long, so i brought it up to the next tonal speed change percentage, 70.711%.

it's less dull than the 66.742% speed one, and it sounds more like steinvord. the perc samples seem fine, and i like the staticy intro more.

Edited by very honest

most frequencies aren't notes, so when you change speed, and thereby the frequencies, you most likely remove something from standard tonality, unless you change it to very specific speed change percentages. most speed change tracks on youtube are not in tune, their frequencies stay proportional to the other frequencies in the respective tracks, but they most likely are not actual notes. i found the formula to calculate the tonal speed change percentages on an audacity wiki. it sounds better to use the tonal percentages.

those tracks sound sped up. 

Edited by very honest

wasn't my post worth anything? :(

edit: :'(

sad panda.

Most WATMMers are experienced listeners so I'm surprised there is so much speculation about steinvord.

By now I figure you guys would have realized it's me

aphex twin made some choonz on his laptop

then he put them out under an alias

and one of the songs sounds like squarepusher's old song

because aphex twin is obsessed with squarepusher

23 pages on watmm ;-)

aphex twin made some choonz on his laptop

then he put them out under an alias

and one of the songs sounds like squarepusher's old song

because aphex twin is obsessed with squarepusher

23 pages on watmm ;-)

23 pages you obviously haven't read.

We should all quickly and collectively agree on some conclusion so that Steinvord will be forced to either come out and say who's behind it or we are all simply right by default.

now maelstrom at 70.711% speed seems too slow, so i did one at 79.37%, which retains alot of what i liked about the slower speeds and improves the pace, making the second third of the song not sap the momentum from the first. i noticed some nice new musical phrases, particularly during the last loud part. 

Edited by very honest

if the steinvord ep is not a deliberately made puzzle, there should be one just like it. now maelstrom at 70.711% speed seems too slow, so i did one at 79.37%, which retains alot of what i liked about the slower speeds and improves the pace, making the second third of the song not sap the momentum from the first. i noticed some nice new musical phrases, particularly during the last loud part. also i changed the playlist sequence back to how i first had it because i like the flow better.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlntOWfa1vi87LujNB4lrhy7Z-K9C7mXO&feature=view_all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-ywGUgLRoQ

COOL TIME-STRETCH, BRO.

Seriously though, this has officially become insane.

if the steinvord ep is not a deliberately made puzzle, there should be one just like it. now maelstrom at 70.711% speed seems too slow, so i did one at 79.37%, which retains alot of what i liked about the slower speeds and improves the pace, making the second third of the song not sap the momentum from the first. i noticed some nice new musical phrases, particularly during the last loud part. also i changed the playlist sequence back to how i first had it because i like the flow better.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlntOWfa1vi87LujNB4lrhy7Z-K9C7mXO&feature=view_all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-ywGUgLRoQ

Please, stop.

maybe a little obsessive, but show me something better to do with my time. i think these tracks are really good slowed down, but, for my weird brain, too tweaky and chirpy and high-pitched at the official speeds.

some people enjoyed following my progress, i think. i probably should have sat on the tracks until they were done.

i'll stop posting about it. i'm probably done now anyway.

:beer:

I enjoyed it.

maybe a little obsessive, but show me something better to do with my time.

lol

I recommend pulling one off to some AAA grade adult entertainment.

Or drinking some orange juice.

Or something.

show me something better to do with my time.

Maybe try proving my theory? That Macc and/or dgoHn may have something to do with Backyard?

Come on, am I the only one who hears a similarity? :cry:

Yes, I think so. lol

Listen to Macc/dgoHn's work and listen to the cymbals. There is a similar sound to the percussion through every track.

Does not appear in the steinvord ep.

show me something better to do with my time.

Maybe try proving my theory? That Macc and/or dgoHn may have something to do with Backyard?

Come on, am I the only one who hears a similarity? :cry:

Yes, I think so. lol

Listen to Macc/dgoHn's work and listen to the cymbals. There is a similar sound to the percussion through every track.

Does not appear in the steinvord ep.

Yes, there are differences in the drums. And there are bits and things that Aphex might do. I never said the track was only done by (one of) them. It could be dgoHn + apHex/pusHer. I don't know. But SOMETHING keeps reminding me of macc/dgoHn.

I had the same thought a little while ago triachus, you are not alone.

yay :nyan::wub:

link to my speculative post:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/70627-steinvord-specualtion/?p=1926455

Someone can probably to a better job than me but I've reversed the vocal bit on Maelstrom/Ontrackv2 around 2:45 and put it through some vocal filters and got this:

http://www.ilovecubus.co.uk/pete/steinvord.mp3

Definitely sounds like it's said by someone English (saying what sounds like: I'm gonna fuck that song - what with ). There's some ringmod on there that I didn't know how to get rid of - if ring modulation is the multiplication of a wave and the carrier is there anyway to make a 'reverse ringmod' that divides the modulation instead ?