IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

I think the difference between JK and Aphex is that JK's timbres aren't as colorful or maybe fine tuned and his EQ is slightly different. Also, Aphex uses analog and JK seems to be using just computers. I feel like you can tell the difference a lot of the time. The drums are usually pretty obvious as well.

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

I can't believe this is still being discussed. It seems so clear that it's either an Aphex/Pusher collab or Squarepusher alone that I don't know how it has ever been questioned.

It absolutely REEKS of squarepusher's techniques overall. I just don't get the speculation.

AFX was shot down by The Rex.

I can't believe this is still being discussed. It seems so clear that it's either an Aphex/Pusher collab or Squarepusher alone that I don't know how it has ever been questioned.

It absolutely REEKS of squarepusher's techniques overall. I just don't get the speculation.

I don't follow, good sir.

he said something to the effect of 'I can assure you it's not AFX."

Edited by LimpyLoo

He said it's not AFX?

Well, like I said an AFX/Pusher collab would not be explicitly AFX. Semantics I know, but that's how people like that work.

Besides, I trust my ears over what Joyboss says (sorry Joyboss). I know exactly what I'm hearing and I haven't been wrong on judging similar situations in the past.

Edited by StephenG

Guest Retrig

is there a reason not to take his word?

Sorry, but JR isn't the secret insider everyone seems to take him for. With that said, I agree with StephenG. Squarepusher.

Sorry, but JR isn't the secret insider everyone seems to take him for. With that said, I agree with StephenG. Squarepusher.

nah. steinvord's melodies are too weak

nah. steinvord's melodies are too weak

SP has plenty of "weak" melodies, tons of songs the focus is more on the percussive side of things. These are pretty clearly B sides or Go Plastic rejects circa 2001.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and there is no concrete evidence to back up what any of us is saying but as a fan of SP for over a decade I know his music when I hear it. :beer:

those are not my words, ceephax said that! (someone here spoke to him about steinvord)

lol

Edit: Oh yeah! I forgot he actually said that in the pisser lol

Edited by StephenG

Ceephax was probably joking or must have been stoned as usual, since untitled 9 alone shits on a ton of Ceephax and SP tracks melody wise.

At this point I just want to know if there will be a digital release or any new tracks coming out.

Ceephax was probably joking or must have been stoned as usual, since untitled 9 alone shits on a ton of Ceephax and SP tracks melody wise. At this point I just want to know if there will be a digital release or any new tracks coming out.

I don't think there will be. I think it's a one off "social experiment"y kind of thing like the tuss. Doubt we ever see another release.

Ceephax was probably joking or must have been stoned as usual, since untitled 9 alone shits on a ton of Ceephax and SP tracks melody wise.

Yeah, I wonder why we ever liked Squarepusher and Ceephax much much more than this single song.

Yeah, I wonder why we ever liked Squarepusher and Ceephax much much more than this single song.

"we"

Both Ceephax and SP got a lot of tracks with weak melodic content... most inmediate example: Check Ufabulum for a lot of these.

I got confirmed that Steinvord is not Jodey Kendrick

not that one would have to get confirmation to determine that, but yeah I'd eat my hat if the person who produced Steinvord was the same person behind EDM 2 and Steel Erector. The composition is similar, but the production is very inferior to Steinvord. The mixing quality and sound design wizardry in Steinvord is at another level. I'm still not convinced Aphex had anything to do with it, but someone very skilled worked on it. For all the people saying that Jodey 'nailed' the Druqks sound on EDM 2, all you have to do is hear the myspace exclusive Steinvord track i posted earlier in the Druqks 11th birthday thread to hear how much better one could 'nail' that sound.

Edited by Awepittance

wow thanks for slowing down the Steinvord...im late to the party but this sounds infinitely better than the normal versions.

"we"

Both Ceephax and SP got a lot of tracks with weak melodic content... most inmediate example: Check Ufabulum for a lot of these.

Musical genius that you are you. I'm glad you know more about music than the people who make it.