IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

rind mod cancels out the carrier freq. the part you want to hear. you'd have to isolate the sum and difference frequencies to do anything. (im not sure what) and it sounds really busy with other noise in that sample

Well what I was thinking was you could do this reverse of this:

image101.gif

and instead of *~ at the end do /~ (or whatever it is on Max/MSP for dividing things) and just play with the modulation frequency until the modulation is 'cancelled out'

Now I have Max For Live I should be able to do this moderately easy. I might try and build a 'reverse' ring mod effect in the next few days (and then cry when nothing works and I accidentally make my laptop catch on fire)

evidence that steinvord is aphex twin
from the myspace track that was taken down 'untitled'

Steinvord-Untitled-1.mp3

i posted this in the Drukqs 11th birthday thread already, but to me this is at least proof that Jodey is not Steinvord, since his Drukqs-esques tracks do not sound this remarkably close to the aphex sound

Once again, I'm very curious to hear what people think about how Joyrex said very explicitly that

RDJ =/= Steinvord.

i 100% unequivocally think it's not true. I don't mean to say that Joyrex is intentionally spreading disinformation, i just think that his 'sources' told him disinfo to keep up the mystery.

attachicon.gifSteinvord-Untitled-1.mp3

i posted this in the Drukqs 11th birthday thread already, but to me this is at least proof that Jodey is not Steinvord, since his Drukqs-esques tracks do not sound this remarkably close to the aphex sound

God that track is so bloody good. I'm sure I've heard it many times before but this is the first time I've given it a proper headphone listen - I'd so love to hear a full quality version of that.

I was very excited when I first hit play as foobar got freaked out my the malformed VBR header and thought it was 32 minutes long ...

All of the Aphex-esque tracks were not on the final release though? Untitled 1, 97, etc..... Seems as though the aphex twin songs were thrown in there during the hype up or whatever. All of the final release tracks sound like just Tom J to me. Not even a hint of Aphex to them.

Actually the one track, (is it iyff acid or backyard, the 4:20 length one, I'm still confused on the track naming?) the last two minutes and the skittery nature of the drums sound a bit like aphex. Other than that not at all.

Edited by StephenG

God that track is so bloody good. I'm sure I've heard it many times before but this is the first time I've given it a proper headphone listen - I'd so love to hear a full quality version of that.

I was very excited when I first hit play as foobar got freaked out my the malformed VBR header and thought it was 32 minutes long ...

here i got a version that doesn't cut at 11.5k

Steinvord_-_Untitled.mp3

woah nice, how did you find that? the one i took was the quality was on myspace, is there a way to un-hide a higher quality version of a myspace track?

holy shit

thanks for this.

I don't like any of the vinyl tracks, but this and Untitled 97 are priceless. I don't suppose you'd have a listenable quality version of that too?

Edited by ganus

i wouldn't be surprised if we saw some of those tracks on a future vinyl release, but Untitled will be omitted because most people would realize it's RDJ just as they did the Tuss (although some people still stubbornly hold out). To me it's irrelevant that the 12" tracks sound like Squarepusher, because this myspace track is clearly not made by him. So either not all the tracks are RDJ only some of them or all of them are.

damn deadmau5 looks like such a ridiculous hillbilly meth head or like tom hanks in philadelphia, what the fucking shit . Is it known that he suffers from late stage AIDs?

Edited by Awepittance

thanks again man, how did you get higher quality sounding rips than what plays off myspace by the way? The previous untitled song you posted sounded better than i remember it sounded off the myspace player

Nah i don't buy it:

Untiitled sounds like a wannabe drukqs era track

untitled 97 sounds like a a wannabe tuss track......

when i think of the quality of Metz, Manchester and Minehead tracks......these are mega-lame in comparision