IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

thanks again man, how did you get higher quality sounding rips than what plays off myspace by the way? The previous untitled song you posted sounded better than i remember it sounded off the myspace player

IIRC weren't the versions on posted YouTube of this higher quality ?

Guest tonfarben

Untitled 97 sounding like Tuss era? I think it sounds much more like the tunes on the come to daddy ep. Interpreted in a new way. Also the beginning is more like on the richard d james album melodywise. So maybe it´s a journey. Who knows?

The other untitled is more like druqs.

I also think, these two could be mr. james while the whole new rest could be from mr. jekinson.

Anyway, whoever that is, I didn´t buy the album, only because these two tracks are not on it. I don´t like the other ones that much. Personal preference, you know, these two are fitting the sound I like much more than the whole steinvord ep.

So thanks for posting them here in good quality! :w00t::music:

These are still very low quality rips (160kbps). Anyone that has decent gear can't take this quality as enough. I would also like a digital release of all these tracks. Tracks like backyard which got an eerie ambient atmosphere, low end subbass and a jungle vibe work great in vinyl, but most of the other tracks work better on digital. I just can't drop a 160kbps mp3 on a set. It's a shame there is not an actual release on this. I stopped caring about who made the tracks a long time ago, I mean... who cares. It's just a lot of great tracks, certainly better than any of the 'idm-braindance' stuff in ages. It would be better if it was just some random kid who can't be bothered with anything.

I don't think the issue is that they're 160, I think it's they're 160kbps transcodes of a (I believe) 128kbps source - that's why you can hear some of the compression artefacts. If it was a decent (eg LAME) 160 rip from the original recording I think you'd stuggle to hear many problems with it - you'd certainly be able to tell it was compressed but not like to the level you can hear here. (here hare here)

no one said they were in good quality.. they don't seem to cut below 16k (160 is 17k) I don't think they're transcodes from a lower bitrate..

anyways, I've put together the unreleased tracks in a nice little compiled zip.
the Iyff Acid's are alternate takes and have slightly higher bitrates... the rest is 160kbps.

2009 Unreleased (MP3).zip

Edited by vincentvc

Nah i don't buy it:

Untiitled sounds like a wannabe drukqs era track

untitled 97 sounds like a a wannabe tuss track......

when i think of the quality of Metz, Manchester and Minehead tracks......these are mega-lame in comparision

really? I like both of these far better than the Mertz or Manchester track. Those sound very laid back and more compositionally focused compared to both of these. Has any aphex sound alike even come close to the glitch wizardry going on in Untitled? The answer is clearly no

These are still very low quality rips (160kbps). Anyone that has decent gear can't take this quality as enough. I would also like a digital release of all these tracks. Tracks like backyard which got an eerie ambient atmosphere, low end subbass and a jungle vibe work great in vinyl, but most of the other tracks work better on digital. I just can't drop a 160kbps mp3 on a set. It's a shame there is not an actual release on this. I stopped caring about who made the tracks a long time ago, I mean... who cares. It's just a lot of great tracks, certainly better than any of the 'idm-braindance' stuff in ages. It would be better if it was just some random kid who can't be bothered with anything.

this is Rephlex/Grant's favorite line in reference to things people speculate are aphex but aren't sure. Hello Richard

I still love this thread. Also, I agree with Awep. And not just because he owns a Kyma or whatever.

Something about Iyff Acid sounds “expensive”. The mix of it.

Shit, this just made me listen to Untitled 9 again too. Damn, that track has kind of an unfinished vibe to it, but it’s great.

Seriously, let’s get some more Steinvord released. What do we have to do?

Edited by Ascdi

I still love this thread. Also, I agree with Awep. And not just because he owns a Kyma or whatever.

Something about Iyff Acid sounds “expensive”. The mix of it.

Shit, this just made me listen to Untitled 9 again too. Damn, that track has kind of an unfinished vibe to it, but it’s great.

Seriously, let’s get some more Steinvord released. What do we have to do?

@3:49 in Untitled 9 there is a very quiet 303 line going on, that to me sounds like a real 303 or at least some kind of hardware clone. It seems like something aphex would casually do, use something that costs $2,000 that people generally use in a very heavy handed manner to just add a little flourish in the background of his track

Edited by Awepittance

he still does? I mean for me the final bit of proof was already discovered a while ago with the BMI publishing rights belonging to Richard D James. That's funny, confusion and stone-walling is Rephlex's favorite game to play at the moment.

I'm not sure what era. I'm travelling and don't have my Global Goon collection with me to flip through. I just thought "Global Goon" when Untitled 97 came on.

As for the current state of his music making: I completely disagree. He's still creating great music. Vatican Nitez didn't even come out until 2002, and most of my favorite tracks come from releases since 2010. He's definitely been trying new things, but that's exactly what keeps his music fresh. He's a pretty prolific soundclouder, if you can keep track of his soundcloud -- he seems to delete/rename it often, and I lose it. Lots of new and great stuff is posted there.

i mean let's take a look also at the PR behind it, a spanish guy who's what supposed to be 22 right? What other rephlex artist signed in the past 6 years has remained essentially anonymous besides Brian and Karen Tregaskin? IT can't be overlooked that the most 'aphexy' sounding record besides Rushup Edge to come out in a half decade has no interest in playing shows or making a name for himself like Monolith or Jodey Kendrick, etc. Even Dave Monolith couldn't hold out his Photodementia guise for very long, he finally revealed on facebook that it's him. He said it was still with 2 other fake people though