IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

rind mod cancels out the carrier freq. the part you want to hear. you'd have to isolate the sum and difference frequencies to do anything. (im not sure what) and it sounds really busy with other noise in that sample

Old quote someone posted off Grant's Facebook:

"soon-to-be releases to cue in your playlist: dave monolith 'welcome' cd
jodey kendrick 'plus ten' (part 2) 2cd
aleksi perälä 'mental union' (part 2) 2cd
steinvord 12" EP ...
+ 'another'
all on rephlex records of course www.rephlex.com
more for 2012...

Why is the latest record on the site a 2010 one?
Where the hell is the digital release of this EP?

Where are the rest of unreleased Steinvord tracks??
Why they don't update the site?

Can anyone ask Grant on Facebook if there will be any future updates?
I've kind of lost hope on getting this in digital. I wonder if the label is even active? What kind of label doesn't release a record in 2 years?

rind mod cancels out the carrier freq. the part you want to hear. you'd have to isolate the sum and difference frequencies to do anything. (im not sure what) and it sounds really busy with other noise in that sample

Well what I was thinking was you could do this reverse of this:

image101.gif

and instead of *~ at the end do /~ (or whatever it is on Max/MSP for dividing things) and just play with the modulation frequency until the modulation is 'cancelled out'

Old quote someone posted off Grant's Facebook:

"soon-to-be releases to cue in your playlist: dave monolith 'welcome' cd

jodey kendrick 'plus ten' (part 2) 2cd

aleksi perälä 'mental union' (part 2) 2cd

steinvord 12" EP ...

+ 'another'

all on rephlex records of course www.rephlex.com

more for 2012...

Why is the latest record on the site a 2010 one?

Where the hell is the digital release of this EP?

Where are the rest of unreleased Steinvord tracks??

Why they don't update the site?

Can anyone ask Grant on Facebook if there will be any future updates?

I've kind of lost hope on getting this in digital. I wonder if the label is even active? What kind of label doesn't release a record in 2 years?

Well, they did release some music in the last two years. Pierre Bastien, Aleksi Perala, a total of 4 cd's by Jodey Kendrick, Dwayne Omarr, Criminal Minds, Zwischenwelt, Dave Monolith and they have an EOD record coming up. Not quite as active as the old days, but it's hard these days I guess.

The website is just like it has always been, an empty deserted desert. The only update they had since the launch end of '09 was the removal of the word "under construction". That is just hilarious.

The question that comes to mind when I read that Grant quote is, what record did he mean by "another"? I remember he quickly removed that bit from the announcement on facebook, and when I asked him about it he removed my comment as well.

I assume this has been mentioned at some point in this topic:

Lastly, do you know anything about this mysterious artist off of Rephlex known as Steinvord?

TJ: What’s the name of the artist?

Steinvord. It’s supposedly a pseudonym for a mixture of two of yours and Richard D. James’s tracks (

and
)

TJ: No—I mean, nothing I could say about it in public, no. [Laughs] But in all honesty, what can I say? Nothing.

I was listening to some old Jega recently and I think it is possible that Jega could also have done this record. I gather though that Jega and Mike are decent mates since he has been releasing on Planet Mu, and there seems to be sort of a divide between Mike and Rephlex, so I'm not sure if that relationship is plausible or not. Just a little bit more info for the speculation train.

Why would you suspect a divide between mike and rephlex? There has been no sign of this. Mu and Rephlex cater to different crowds, and Mike would have no reason to release on Rephlex, especially considering his own label is a lot better at publicity.

Edited by ganus

I didn't say that Mike was releasing anything through Rephlex. Plenty of things have happened that could cause a divide between them, but I have no idea if such a divide exists.

Haha, it's just aphex twin on his laptop

He likes Squarepusher and Macc and Dgohn and they influenced the tracks by their awesomeness

There are millions of tracks like this on apehx twin's old HD

And he uploaded them to myspace randomly for a joke?

Then rephlex released them

WHY DO OBVIOUS THINGS LIKE THIS GET DENIED BY YOU PEOPLE?

I know, because it would take all the fun away for you

:cerious:

Haha, it's just aphex twin on his laptop

He likes Squarepusher and Macc and Dgohn and they influenced the tracks by their awesomeness

There are millions of tracks like this on apehx twin's old HD

And he uploaded them to myspace randomly for a joke?

Then rephlex released them

WHY DO OBVIOUS THINGS LIKE THIS GET DENIED BY YOU PEOPLE?

I know, because it would take all the fun away for you

:cerious:

WE ARE NOT DENYING THAT AS A POSSIBILITY, BUT WE HAVE NOT ANY PROOF;THEREFORE, WE SPECULATE ON POSSIBILITIES. BUT I APPRECIATE THAT YOU ARE HAVE SUCH PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE OF MR.JAMES'S PRIVATE AFFAIRS AND ARE WILLING TO SHARE THEM IN THIS FORUM.

i found this "Steinenvorstadt" video that has "steinvord" as a search tag on youtube. its a 2 minute steinvordish track with a rather nice video. at first i was thinking fake, then i listened to it 5 more times and decided to check out the youtube uploader, dude has 8 tracks of short, mostly kinda ambient steinvordish tracks with videos.

some of these sound like they could be previews. for instance some fade at the end, and at the end of synth chatter it sounds like another part is about to start.

whatever it is, i like it

Edited by very honest