IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Guest Frankie5fingers
hai guys I suddenly remembered a comedy series I used to watch a couple of years back that I think might've been pretty funny, and I'd like to revisit. It's about a moustached dude going around to people he's hurt in the past trying to fix his karma... I think he has a chubby pothead brother that tags along, in fact I think everyone in the show were potheads. anyone know what I'm talking about? what's it called? I don't think it's very old, I just kind of forgot all about it after watching the first three or four episodes.

my name is Earl

Dexter is utter dreck. The finale was shit. I don't know if I'd bother watching the next season, I don't even know why I've kept watching it this far. Is the next season the last one? Please tell me it's the last one.

Watching the new season of peep show at the moment, amazing stuff.

In the latest episode one of the characters said Venetian Snares was like a sony smart phone and Aphex Twin was the Iphone (something like that). Another character was giving away a box with ballet shoes, a squarepusher cd and speed. IDM heavy episode.

Is this from the 8th season? just finished the 7th season. tis good, but miss the old episodes a bit. Dobby annoys the hell out of me and what's up with super hans going all straight?

Watching the new season of peep show at the moment, amazing stuff.

In the latest episode one of the characters said Venetian Snares was like a sony smart phone and Aphex Twin was the Iphone (something like that). Another character was giving away a box with ballet shoes, a squarepusher cd and speed. IDM heavy episode.

Is this from the 8th season? just finished the 7th season. tis good, but miss the old episodes a bit. Dobby annoys the hell out of me and what's up with super hans going all straight?

Yeah it is.

Yeah Dobby is well annoying but this series has been great so far.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

i disagree on dexter. i thought it was great as usual. his relationship with hannah mckay was great. the deb stuff not sure on but maybe ya'll should stop watching it

indulging in a guilty pleasure of mine, the latest season of skins which i didnt realise was out.

ive always really enjoyed this program, a nice mixture between vague comedy, likable characters, and fairly heavy duty drama aswell. this season is pretty good so far, the season 5 buildup of the characters was pretty shitty.

i disagree on dexter. i thought it was great as usual. his relationship with hannah mckay was great. the deb stuff not sure on but maybe ya'll should stop watching it

see rubber-necking car crash explanation post above, there is something oddly fascinating about a serial killer show that is completely non disturbing, especially one as badly written as Dexter.

the new sunny in philly is awful though. dont get me wrong, i thogh seasons 2-5 were some of the funniest shit ive ever seen, seasons 6-7 still funny with a bit of self aware falseness, but this new season 8 is just awful. its kind of nice with british comedy in which they usually do two seasons and then finish while they're still ahead.

Dexter is utter dreck. The finale was shit. I don't know if I'd bother watching the next season, I don't even know why I've kept watching it this far. Is the next season the last one? Please tell me it's the last one.

yes. luckily, it will all be over soon, then we can pretend that it only went up to 4 seasons

i liked 5th season of dexter, i think. the one with sickboy/sherlock

gave up after that. the books got terrible way faster, i gave up after the sequel where it turned out he's a demon or something.

these days, aside from breking bad, i mostly enjoy comic bookmen and pawn stars. both follow the same reality tv formula, but CBM is actually pretty good, and pawn stars is terrible but people bring really cool stuff there.

Guest RadarJammer

I've become increasingly impressed with Tron Uprising over the last 4 or 5 episodes. This show won me then lost me then won me again.

x files

on season 6 at the moment, i like the infusion of humour and interesting story telling techniques that start cropping up here around season 5/6, Triangle episode was great as were the Dreamland episodes.

Looking forward to Field Trip...

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

i started watching season 2 of portlandia (as it finally appeared on netflix instant). loved the first season but the 2nd has had 3 great sketches so far (in 4 episodes) and the rest fell really flat.

been watching 30 rock too and that show never disappoints

i started watching season 2 of portlandia (as it finally appeared on netflix instant). loved the first season but the 2nd has had 3 great sketches so far (in 4 episodes) and the rest fell really flat.

been watching 30 rock too and that show never disappoints

really? i thought 30 rock was the most unwatchably shit thing ive ever seen, i was forced to watch almost the entire seasons 3 + 4 with a flatmate.

I never got Portlandia. I tried watching the first couple episodes of the first season and it seemed like the most unfunny try-hard shit. Apparently people from Portland *get it*, but I dunno, did nothing for me at all.

Ah well.

I never got Portlandia. I tried watching the first couple episodes of the first season and it seemed like the most unfunny try-hard shit. Apparently people from Portland *get it*, but I dunno, did nothing for me at all.

Ah well.

I'm in portland right now and although i 'get' some of the humor more than i did before, the show is still very average and repetative. Like a notch above current one-note sketch comedy shows like SNL