IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Todays episode of Downton Abbey was tense as hell, it kept giving me nervous laughter.

Is there a new season of Downton Abbey?

If so, that's awesome news.

I finally got around to starting "The Wire". I'm 3 episodes into season 1 and it's pretty good so far. I love how they broke down the murder scene where the girl was shot through the window. I think they said "fuck" about 80 times.

Guest RadarJammer

Todays episode of Downton Abbey was tense as hell, it kept giving me nervous laughter.

Is there a new season of Downton Abbey?

If so, that's awesome news.

I finally got around to starting "The Wire". I'm 3 episodes into season 1 and it's pretty good so far. I love how they broke down the murder scene where the girl was shot through the window. I think they said "fuck" about 80 times.

Season 3 is up to episode 7

Lost. Guess that goes for a guilty pleasure here. But I quite enjoy it. It's really silly at parts, but it's mostly in service of making it entertaining.. so..

Also watched a episode of TaleSpin for nostalgic reasons. Man I loved that cartoon as a kid.

Seeing as I just got a tv for the first time in my adult life, I am catching up on a lot.

I've watched all of The Wire, Curb Your Enthusiasm and the first two seasons of Downton Abbey.

There's quite a lot of tv to catch up on in a decade.

Currently, I'm half way through the 3rd season of Breaking Bad. I started a while back, then stopped for a while, then started up again recently.

I'm avoiding the Breaking Bad thread, as not to step I any spoiler landmines.

My friends all say to start Homeland next, but I want to watch American Horror Story. I like horror. Some people say I should watch Dexter, but something about it seems cheesy to me.

Also, is Walking Dead worth committing to?

Edited by jefferoo

Jefferoo, I think, if you've got the time, you'd probably enjoy reading the Walking Dead comics much more than the show. The show is... problematic.

This second season of American Horror Story is off to a pretty good start, seems better paced than the first. I sort of just enjoy watching Jessica Lange chew the scenery, and I like that it's an unrelated horror anthology installment. It's not great TV, but it's fun. And it's aware of when it's riffing on cheesy horror tropes, unlike Dexter.

Edited by baph

Guest RadarJammer

Jefferoo, I think, if you've got the time, you'd probably enjoy reading the Walking Dead comics much more than the show. The show is... problematic.

This second season of American Horror Story is off to a pretty good start, seems better paced than the first. I sort of just enjoy watching Jessica Lange chew the scenery, and I like that it's an unrelated horror anthology installment. It's not great TV, but it's fun. And it's aware of when it's riffing on cheesy horror tropes, unlike Dexter.

Recycling actors from the first season was a problem for me. I was really looking forward to it but wasn't able to finish the first episode.

Guest Frankie5fingers

has anyone been watching The looney Tunes Show? season 2 started up recently and it has had me laughing all the way through. really great show. it does the original justice, and i might even go as far as saying its even better than the original.

I am now almost done with season 2. Pretty good stuff. Omar, bubs, and the Lt. are standouts.

i totally flipped on the Walking Dead, i am really impressed by the quality of the show this season. I'm pleased to see a lot of Romero style animatronic/puppet zombie stuff. Rick seems to be getting further away from being a likable guy, he was sort of an anti hero but now hes just becoming border line psychotic. Last shot of the last episode was pretty great. I still think regardless of how i feel about the show, that they borrow liberally from previous zombie works. The 3rd episode of 3 seemed like it had a direct homage to Day of the Dead with the doctor lecturing the governor on how the zombies can be trained and docile, and the governor just like the character in Day of the Dead seems to equate science with being a pussy liberal.

The 3rd episode of 3 seemed like it had a direct homage to Day of the Dead with the doctor lecturing the governor on how the zombies can be trained and docile, and the governor just like the character in Day of the Dead seems to equate science with being a pussy liberal.

And that was where I turned on the show again after having liked the first two episodes of season 3.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

yeah walking dead is much better after they all stopped wetting their beds

SOA has gone a bit off the rails last few eps but the overall arc should hopefully save it. the predictability of the chase and musical ending are getting a bit much

rewatching Millennium, season 1 is a little hokey and rough. Lets just be honest, it's badly written and Chris Carter's hackish fingerprints are all over it. However season 2 is phenomenal, its probably my favorite season of any tv show ever.

they touch on so many subjects in this season, and for a show done in 1995 it's extremely ahead of it's time. Much more polished and refined than the X-files (it's a spinoff in case anybody has no idea what im talking about)

Frank Black and Peter Watts (before his role as Locke in lost) have such a great dynamic, love this show

if anybody here is a Twin Peaks fan and you haven't found a show since (besides perhaps Carnival) that channels the same weird energy and suspense, you have to check out Millennium. It's a little more straight forward than either of those, but equally as strange, unsettling and atmospheric.

hahaha! thanks for reminding me of this! i just read this, thinking: now that sounds interesting, i didn't know there were any x-files spinoffs... maybe i'll give it a try... when about a page later i stumbled across lance henriksen's name & realized i was watching every episode of this show as a teen!! good stuff too, as far as i remember. i still remember the main guy's computer password: "soylent green is people." (i'd never heard that phrase until i watched the movie with charlton heston which is kind of overrated, i think, even though not bad?!).

ah, youth!

gonna watch this again. have to fill a void left by the sopranos anyway (which is highly recommended, btw. almost as good as the wire).

Guest Ron Manager

Finally been getting into Breaking Bad, been all over it the last month. Just got to end of series 3. Holy shit. Immediately ordered series 4. Like someone said above I don't want to venture into the BB thread, but please tell me 4 is just as fucking awesome.

i also just watched breaking bad. i watched it all in the past couple weeks.

also sons of anarchy, dr. who, and battlestar galactica for the first time at the beginning of the summer.

Finally been getting into Breaking Bad, been all over it the last month. Just got to end of series 3. Holy shit. Immediately ordered series 4. Like someone said above I don't want to venture into the BB thread, but please tell me 4 is just as fucking awesome.

4 is the best season mostly because of the insane tension they build up, it's really fucking good. It's so good in fact i would have been happy if the Series finale was the last episode of season 4