IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

well that was different. i'll check it out.

i just remembered this thread had some good recommendations

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/77964-post-your-anime-favorites-seriesshort-filmsfull-length-feature-films/

Assassination Classroom is batshit insane, if you like FLCL levels of craziness.

I still can't understand with all this anime out there why you guys do this to yourselves though, heh.

I try some anime but sometimes it's hard to get into. The tone of certain scenes can feel stilted or weird, and sometimes there's outright silliness with characters bouncing around in an otherwise serious setting. I liked ghost in the shell: arise; anything like it? Personally I like the thriller / mystery / conspiracy stuff. But I also watched this anime movie Short Peace. Now that was trippy and pretty awesome. I like original angles and shit too like in that one

ok, watched a few eps of the british one, it's interesting and as a series it's got enough time to play around with many ideas stemming from this topic but tonally and writing wise it's very soapy and got this old fashion tv series feel, none of that high budget cinematic flair of the recent high end american tv hits like got, hannibal or better call saul, and none of the dread and creepiness of black mirror.

gonna try the swedish one next.

I don't know if you saw the latest episode (ep 4) but it goes in an interesting direction from some previous hints.

SPOILER: characters that you think are human are also robots, including the police woman. Suspected it when she sat in the car all still in an earlier episode. I don't know if it's due to a kind of infiltration conspiracy from up top or a grassroots infiltration by a "resistance force" of robots, but either way it's cool (kind of hoping for the former, they do hint at government bureaucracy and shit).

I agree with you totally about the old fashioned aspect. It looks exactly like an outer limits episode with the home robot stuff but I like the new angles.

yeah, i'm following it. i'm actually much more interested in the "really smart robots in the family" exploration rather than the overarching plot about some mysterious creator of human-like AI and his robots' fight for freedom, i think the latter has been covered a few times already in various ways. that part where she goes on beating people in that robot-hating club is just really corny.

Finished watching Bloodline last night, was pretty good. Wasn't a fan of the flash-forward bits, ending would have been a lot better without it I think. Ben Mendelsohn was great in it, the rest of the family good too. Not sure they needed to wring another season out of it though, works well as a standalone little story.

yeah, i'm following it. i'm actually much more interested in the "really smart robots in the family" exploration rather than the overarching plot about some mysterious creator of human-like AI and his robots' fight for freedom, i think the latter has been covered a few times already in various ways. that part where she goes on beating people in that robot-hating club is just really corny.

Haha yeah that was a bit corny but also emotional in a corny way. ;d I just like mysteries in general, so the idea of a robot uprising isn't as interesting as the feeling of not knowing and imagining what's going on.

I think, the family robot thing has been explored before (the outer limits, Valerie 23 etc), but it still has a new flavor here.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Season two of Penny Dreadful was excellent. Hannibal has been top so far as well. Can't believe it's been cancelled, fucking travesty

Hannibal (Dolce) - Pretty decent. Some nice psychadelic sex between margot & alana. Well trippy episode & a nice saw to Will's dome. Dude can't buy a break...

Rectify season 3, Hannibal Season 3 and I guess True Detective season 2.

One of these things is not like the others.

Edited by doublename

Hannibal (Dolce) - Some nice psychadelic sex between margot & alana.

looked cool and all, but the acting was decidedly unsexy (which was a shame, as they're both very attractive). ms anderson stole the show in that regard yet again.

Just started watching an English show called "The Fall". Gillian Anderson as a special investigator doing serial killers.

Not bad so far.

w4jWWCo.jpg

okay, a couple of cool scenes but the show is starting to loose something mainly because they're felt it necessary to make the main character have some mental disorder coupled with his drug abuse (what's the point when he's already antisocial recluse who wanders around new york looking like a homeless guy?) plus his annoying speech impediment (how long does it take him to utter one sentence?)

what i did like was the more realistic hax0ring. no more idm video montages from hackers. now he's using an http exploit with wget to print the /etc/passwd for his "digital slide show" evidence

Worth checking out even if only remotely interested in vigilante black hat groups and whistleblowing ala Anonymous, Wikileaks, Snowden etc

Starting to look forward to it more than new True Detective even