IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Last Man on Earth - Season finale. Interesting turn of events. What the hell's up with Phil's astronaut bro in the space station? How is that gonna play?

is it Jason Sudeikis?

a bearded Sudeikis, yes.

I just finished season 1. great ending, was hoping the black guy would turn out to be gay.

is anybody else feeling like Veep is almost better this season?

yep. it's still not great, especially for an Iannucci show (everything else he's done in genius), but it's definitely got more gags this season. the previous seasons had plenty of episodes where I laughed one or two times.

feels like a better fit this season,

script, jokes, characters and actors have bedded in fully, pacing doesnt feel forced and making JLD Prez has upped the sycophancy of the team around her to brilliant levels

due to physical rehab i was forced to watch several episodes of whatever that wank is with Drew Pritchard, the bloke who goes round stately piles & warehouses trying to underpay everyone for their junk antiques horded crap

there are several problems with this program:

1) the narrator chap, the northern sounding cunt who was Brent's mate Finchy in The Office (imdb confirms Ralph Ineson), needs to stop sounding like something out of a George Orwell sat-nav nightmare. Like Drew Pritchard isnt grating enough w/out interludes from this length. This more than anything else boils my piss.

2) the subtle reinforcement of class structures through a steady flow of gibbering toffs, spiv wheeler dealers and the poor beast of burden, T (is it? it could be summat different,,,,). Granted, you dont get the crass in your face money-money-money aspect of certain US equivalents, but the only folks out of this spectrum are the odd autistic toy car museum curator and Drew's scouse slightly alcoholic-looking wife.

3) the interior working of T's mind are never revealed. His frustrations and patience when driving, lifting, listening to inane dribble & DP haggling over £25 differences are all disturbingly absent. A Marxist critique would miss the journey of the soul of this man. And he always has a joke to crack at the right moments.....bless.

4) DP's wife's reactions to yet another removal van full of tat and crap unloading are some of the more unintentionally funny sequences of the whole thing. Micro-winces & sighs masked behind dry scouse wit. Hence, this is actually the show's single saving grace

*this post was supported by Chemdawg, the only flower w/genuine Grateful Dead influenced genetics

im still recovering from the fact that you watch veep regularly yet had never heard of brass eye or day today. does the englishness throw u off?

I was expecting you to be slinging MEGANEWS all over this thread

new hacker/conspiracy thriller called Mr Robot. was expecting it to be terrible, but it wasn't bad actually. was surprised to see the only semi-accurate portrayal of sysadmin stuff and hacking I've ever come across on TV or in film, left out a lot of the detail for obvious time constraints, but there was nothing glaringly stupid involved. not sure if I'll be able to handle the protagonist's monotone voiceover for the entire series though.

Started watching the first season of The Americans, it's pretty gud.

Keri Russell killing a security guard would have been a great Felicity episode.

im still recovering from the fact that you watch veep regularly yet had never heard of brass eye or day today. does the englishness throw u off?

I was expecting you to be slinging MEGANEWS all over this thread

i started watching it based on the recommendations in this thread! Sometimes it takes me a while to find out about good tv shows. And no the britishness doesn't throw me off, Thick of It is probably my favorite TV show of all time next to Larry Sanders