IGNORED

Squarepusher - Ufabulum

Redruth

Guest bitroast

Btw. Some of these tracks are definitely going on my wipeout hd playlist. Played some last night while blasting dark steering and it's no joke a match made in heaven*u*

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is any of the criticism in this thread legit?? This album is the best shit ever!!

There's a clear a distinction between the two halves. First half being colourful and fun. The comparisons to ceephax or him trying to reach out to a larger audience don't even ring true to me. This stuff reminds me of Numbers Lucent and the electronic ultravisitor tracks like abacus and talk. Only fatter and well produced like the shobaleader stuff. And the second half is down right awesome. Even dark steering is fucken good in the context of the album (race car noises and all).

I fucken adore this album. It's every bit >the shit< I thought it was going to be^^

I agree.

what happened to the first track from this set?:

It sounded so much like a first track on his other albums (JAS and hello) that I just assumed that would be the opener.

what happened to the first track from this set?: http://soundcloud.com/ziggomatic17/squarepusher-sf-2012-creators

It sounded so much like a first track on his other albums (JAS and hello) that I just assumed that would be the opener.

Not sure... I'm sure I read somewhere that the album was 59 minutes and the leak is only 51...

considering it was probably promo material, maybe the leak isn't complete? Or the intro is actually one of the songs on the Enstrobia EP.

Guest CraniumXII

Yeah I would have enjoyed that as an opener more. Dang when does the EP come out then?

It's a double disc release. Perhaps the promo only had the LP. Anyway... It could be "Angel Integer". Sad if it is... Cause 40.96a is a noise, vacuum type track. That leaves Panic Massive, which should be pretty big. But I was hoping for a hard "Venus" style EP.

That sound at 1:57 ~ 2:00 on ecstatic shock reminds me of something by someone... probably aphex. I can't figure it out...

i'm not listening to the leaked version but I am talking about it

I've converted alcofribas's review into music using a cray supercomputer and a unix extrapolation program i call FRIBAS and it sounds pretty good, though. Right up there with the similarly extrapolated alcoversteps.

I'm going to continue to listen to leaks until Warp realise that delayed release dates are pretty bullshit in this age of internets.

waiting for the vinyl to arrive, then I will rip my own copy and listen to it at least 36 times before confessing my approval. I'm a long time sp fan and enjoyed every release so I'm sure this will be no different. Tom Jenkinson is an amazing musician.

Why are you so against hearing the leak if you've already pre-ordered it? There is a flac leak out there, so it can't be about quality. I understand that Warp wants to build hype/anticipation or whatever, but it's kinda ridiculous when we just want to hear the music.

Why are you so against hearing the leak if you've already pre-ordered it? There is a flac leak out there, so it can't be about quality. I understand that Warp wants to build hype/anticipation or whatever, but it's kinda ridiculous when we just want to hear the music.

cause I'm OCD and my addled brain can rest easy knowing that I'm listening to "the official album"

:cerious:

This is getting better with the listens but red in blue, energy wizard * and unreal square are still lame

*Sorry meant stadium ice there

A flac leak? then it must be great and not at all a transcode! it says flac!

Archived