IGNORED

tastes you share with other WATMMers

usagi

is there an artist or band that you love which you thought no one else here cared about, until you saw someone post about them and went "omg yes!"? have you noticed watmmers with whom you share a liking for music that is somewhat out of bounds for an idm forum?

itt we can call out fellow watmmers with whom we share any musical tastes, talk about aesthetic preferences we have in common, have mini-circlejerks about less-appreciated artists and why they're awesome, or just post about good discussions we've had with anyone really.

obviously it was the idm that drew us here but I'm curious to see how much our tastes overlap (or differ, as the case may be) outside of that, especially following some of the interesting picks people made in the "favourite album from the last 5 years" thread.

btw you can't call out troon because comparing your taste against the entire boomkat catalogue is too general

Mosca put up a mix once that included an Associates song. I found that hard to believe, it was awesome. Similar to discovering his and LUDD's appreciation of Kitchens Of Distinction.

Also been nice to discover folk like Iain C and chen professing an interest in Nomeansno, a band I thought most people gave up caring about long ago.

I was happy to see someone else write "The Mars Volta is an awesome band." We're not all joyless bastards here on the wattm.

lots of slowdive and cocteau twins love 'round the wattums, and I appreciate that

Came in to say this actually

as well as Seefeel and some black metal appreciation which really caught me off guard

Yeah. I got into them early on. I bought the Cloak of Love 10" based solely on the colored vinyl and the band's name.

The rest, as they say, is history.

I also wish they'd put out another one. They better be cooking up something real special.

yea there are a few watmmers that have very similar taste as I do. beerwolf likes a lot of my favs. usagi too. I found I had a lot in common with mcgriff as well. and the fellow Clark fans out there. kaini has the radiohead and wutang love. so yea, there are a lot. I can't think of them all.

edit: oh yea, the number of things that overlook and I have in common borders on the unbelievable.

Also been nice to discover folk like Iain C and chen professing an interest in Nomeansno, a band I thought most people gave up caring about long ago.

I still find it quite hilarious that there are British people who love nomeansno. Still, it's terrific - they are such a great band.

Awepittance and his love for Scorn is great to see - I've been in love with that particular Mick Harris project for ages.

On a Napalm Death related note - I can't remember who it was exactly, but there are a couple of people out there with lots of love for Godflesh/Jesu/Techno Animal. Hooray!

I still find it quite hilarious that there are British people who love nomeansno. Still, it's terrific - they are such a great band.

I must admit I've not met many who love them irl (perhaps one). I get the distinct impression that Nomeansno don't think much of Britain, but that's probably because the only gigs they ever play here seem to always be in Derby.

Guest kokeboka

I was pleasantly surprised to hear other WATMMers sing praise to Unwound (what an underrated band), Crystal Stilts and Dinosaur Jr. (ludd perhaps?).

And The Beach Boys - I rather enjoyed a small discussion about Purple Chick on a thread somewhere.

Guest ruiagnelo

here's hoping that some other watmmer takes the same pleasure i do from hanging around the house almost completely naked, only wearing ladies underwear and singing michael jackson songs...

^ I'm one of those! everything JKB related. don't forget Greymachine, and now Pale Sketcher.

*high five*

group high five

There's a few users who, like me, listened to Chemical Brothers before moving to more WATMM-esque electronic music and still love the duo. Nice seeing random R.E.M. fans on here as well. It's like seeing a stranger wearing shirt of a band you like, or when someone compliments your band shirt - nice fuzzy feeling of mutual happiness.

Also, local band love threads and posts are always nice. A post about the 90s DFW punk band Hagfish made my day a couple weeks back.

Six seems to have a bit of synchronicity with what I'm listening to quite often. Recommended me some good stuff here and there too.

Sidewinder seems to share my love of Skinny Puppy, ohGr and Download, probably all Puppy side projects actually.

Can't think of anything else right now...

Oh, Jules and his love of all things Maynard

Beerwolf likez the metalz, like me.

lots of us like metal. also props to you for being the first watmmer I saw to mention Genghis Tron, they're great. I wish they'd do another album.

I've been praising Genghis Tron on nhere for years, but yeah I REALLY fucking wish they'd come out with a new album... them and Car Bomb (not as well known but awesome noisy metal)

Also I remember there being a Morphine thread a little while back, it made me really happy that other WATMMers appreciate Morphine, imo they have a pretty unique sound.

I think kaini and I are the only two members who really enjoy Michael Hurley and the unholy modal rounders. I'm not surprised it's never come up because it's about as far from idm as it gets but if there's anyone else let us know and we'll talk.

Mosca put up a mix once that included an Associates song. I found that hard to believe, it was awesome. Similar to discovering his and LUDD's appreciation of Kitchens Of Distinction.

Should've included Pale Saints there as well.

Archived