Clark - Fantasm Planes

joew

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two new interviews:

http://www.dotsandda...gear-clark.html

http://www.clashmusi...sm-planes-clark

“It’s kind of a bookend - I’m not going to do another EP that’s kind of ‘Iradelphic’ related because we did all of the free tracks as well. So we’ve released a lot of music around this album so it’s kind of time to make a clear break…It’s kind of breathing a bit more life into it to hear it in a kind of different way still a similar texture and theme to it. I think that’s why EPs are good.”

The gig in Berlin was amazing and "Fantasm Planes" sounds quite nice. I just think, Clark simply does what he wants to do. Sooner or later he will give us some new harsh stuff!

I quite liked this little remix-y thing. To my mind, the low major low point was that woman singing. That same set of lyrics and singing also bugged me in the original "Iradelphic". Both the writing and the delivery are uninspired, and kind of a drag. The rest of the album was taking me along, and then that track hits and it's just too fucking mediocre. The same problem arises in the remix. You know, the atmosphere and BEATS are all fine. Next time, he should declare to himself "No trip-hoppy shit" in addition to "No hippy shit". Don't get me wrong, hippy shit is definitely the lower of the two forms of fecal matter. Still, something else needs to happen to that vocal part. Otherwise, it's a good little cd.

Oh, and pitchfork should just stick to their new-wave Beach Boys and Strung-out Kitty Abilities or whatever. Draw up some more real nice color-changing fonts for your story about the seductive-slut glance chick. Fuck it. Who even reads that shit? One look, and I walked away. Same thing for most of their "reviews".

I finally listened to this in preparation for seeing him tonight, and I have to say, it is a little too slow for my taste. still better than what I was expecting though. Dove in Flames is a nice track.

I am seeing Clark live this Thursday; very excited!

He can be a beast these days... have fun!

I finally listened to this in preparation for seeing him tonight, and I have to say, it is a little too slow for my taste. still better than what I was expecting though. Dove in Flames is a nice track.

I'm planning to go tonight, but I've been so tired this week! :sleep: I can't be making excuses though, Clark has been one of my favorites for about 6 or 7 years and despite his lackluster 2012 releases I should go see him! Not like he comes around here often.

I am seeing Clark live this Thursday; very excited!

He can be a beast these days... have fun!

I'm planning to go tonight, but I've been so tired this week! :sleep: I can't be making excuses though, Clark has been one of my favorites for about 6 or 7 years and despite his lackluster 2012 releases I should go see him! Not like he comes around here often.

how was it?

Guest bitroast

Hey. haven't really listened to this EP properly yet, but giving it is a spin tonight and it's completely hitting all the right spots. I think I may like this^~^

how was it?

Clark was GREAT! It was a very dancy set and loads of unreleased material was played. He seemed to be improvising a fair bit as well. The set opened with The Pining Pt. 1 and as I recall there were only two or three other 2012 tracks played. Two tracks from Turning Dragon were dropped in, including my favorite track 'Truncation Horn' (which was extended by several minutes)! If you all can see him then GO!

how was it?

I didn't end up going. :dry: Schedule was bullshit, he was supposed to play 12:30-1:30am. I'm in bed by 11pm most weekdays lately and had a conference call with a prospective client scheduled at 8am the next day (same day?) - meaning I was waking up earlier than normal. I'm too old for this shit. Plus no one ever says "I'm glad I went to that show the other day instead of getting a good night's sleep", right? Right? :tongue: I was dead fucking tired at work yesterday regardless, so it's probably a really good thing I didn't go.

Thanks for the clip, compson.

Archived