IGNORED

Clark - Fantasm Planes

joew

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Com Re-Touch/Pocket For Jack is great! The rest... I don't really remember too much. I'm sure I'll get it when it comes out anyways... but I really hope after all this Iradelphic stuff Clark changes his sound again. Doesn't have to be like his older stuff, but the new stuff is nowhere near as unique or exciting.

Guest trananhhung

I think he will continue down this unfortunate route. He's going after the generic indie crowd. More and more vocals, more and more guitars, less and less beats and distortion.

This might be more boring than Iradelphic, if that's even possible. Why does he describe it as part of the harder, dancefloor-oriented side of his work? Is he fucking autistic?

it's so simple to publish different musical styles (even if they are subtle differences) under different names. this being a wonderful example of how not doing this, can hurt the people who have grown to love a certain feeling from your musics

From HMV Japan via google translate:

In-come, first-served basis to customers who purchase Japan Edition "Fantasm Planes"

Get the CD "Iradelphic Sessions" was recorded Unreleased track of the album "Iradelphic"!

As soon as possible because there is a limited number! !

Contents in []

01. AS THE CIRCLE CLOSES

02. MFB SKANK

03. SOFT ERUPTOR

04. FRACTAL DISMEMBERED

05. GUY FAWKES / NIGHT NIGHT

※ It includes those that have been published in the free download from the site of <Warp>, the CD is only available as a Japanese.

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Clark_000000000140970/item_Fantasm-Planes_5118269

Funny: On his facebook wall Clark complains about the Boomkat promo text for this release and that they compare it to Brainfeeder. Long discussion. Also, Clark's computer seems to be broken. Anyway, I was hoping for way more Clark madness. The beats are nice but that special feeling is still gone for me.

eureka! I'm convinced this is just pure trolling on clark's part. he's operating several levels above all of us, we've just been too blind cause we only look down at the chair. crypical. this shitty music actually enriches the preceding three albums and makes them look fucking brilliant.

seriously guys I just listened to totems flare which i always liked some of, but jesus it blew me away. really incredible and mature album. there's nothing even approaching that dead simple breakdown on luxman furs in 2012 clark. NOTHING I SAY

OK a few highlights for me: The melodies, especially on Henderson Swooping. I like the Com retouch track. Nice bass, mood. Secret Slow Show nice melodies and singing...

I find it works better on lower volume to better hear all the elements though.

Archived