IGNORED

BLOC cancelled.

Friendly Foil

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from richie hawtin's facebook page:

Sorry to everyone who came out to BLOC Festival last night and had to go home without hearing their favourite artists :( We were pad-locked into the backstage compound and weren't allowed to play or even leave until 3am! Crazy organization and a sad situation! Hope everyone got home safely, and I'm looking into scheduling another London date soon!

from richie hawtin's facebook page:

Sorry to everyone who came out to BLOC Festival last night and had to go home without hearing their favourite artists :( We were pad-locked into the backstage compound and weren't allowed to play or even leave until 3am! Crazy organization and a sad situation! Hope everyone got home safely, and I'm looking into scheduling another London date soon!

aww richie what a down to earth guy

bangface has moved as well, its at the run to the sun holiday park now down near newquay.

Im guessing bloc had to shift fuck loads of tickets in order to pay for all the acts, probably in order to break even, but somebody in charge dropped a bollock and forgot about the license and capacities. Hopefully get a full and official statement soon, its another nail in the coffin for uk underground dance music and certainly for festivals.

Guest FuncRandm

Not sure exactly what happened. It looked like the stated capacity took account for spreading the people evenly across the site rather than just the number of people that could be accommodated at the stages +10%. People were talking about 15k+ tickets being sold, which was way too much for the venue.

Shame as the line-up was amazing, and it looks like ATP is liquidating also, http://www.nme.com/news/miscellaneous/64698.

if this happened in the US there would already be a shit ton of lawsuits filed

right after the riots, trampling, looting, rape and witch burnings.

few skids on the Bloc......

My italian rave buddy who was begging me to go all fucking year found out it was cancelled as he got to his hotel. Fucking WELL pissed off but am glad he didn't get to the venue itself. I sent him the google map of alternative events and i just hope he managed one......

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204740581860080105884.0004c43aeabbd616f1387&msa=0

Was going to go down on the Saturday. Absolutely gutted when I saw the news. A mate texted me to say it was cancelled, thought it was a douchey joke but was totally proved wrong once googled...

Archived