IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

drinking a Rochefort, still my favorite beer

preferer the 10 just a tad bit more but drinking 2 of those and i'm shitfaced

i think this might still be my favorite as well, just had one last night with some awesome homemade pulled pork sandwiches.

and BCM, that is one hell of a b-day gift. quite jealous!

yeah man, been loving the birthday present...is lasting me a good while and was actually bought a chimay set (with glass) too the other day so have another 6 beers in the collection (2 chimay blue, 2 red and 2 white).

how was it bagger?

It looks delicious. Like motor oil.

If you like stouts, try this one sometime if you can find it. Barrel aged "norse ale" (it's stout, whatever) lol. It's in my top 5 beers.

1c4c9461a9311747c5a1ec31c198f15f_320x320

my cousin made these cool beer openers with a really strong magnet embedded in the back of the wood, i really enjoy using it and displaying my caps :emotawesomepm9:

On that note, is anyone else here interested in collecting caps? I have a deep photo frame on the wall filled with caps, I almost have enough to fill the second one but I've apparently drunk every drink there is to drink in this area with a vaguely interesting cap. Got lots of doubles for swappin', mostly Ontario/upstate NY but also some Eurobooze, anyone fancy a swap by post?

I've whizzed through the Beer Advocate top 100 Canadian beers, most of them seem pretty strong (7.5% and above) which is fine but not when I need to sink a few.

I guess I'm looking for the Canadian version of Australia's Coopers Pale ale (4.6) and Sparkling Ale (5.6). Excellent beer and not too difficult to find. I'm sure I'll find out when I land there sometime today.

Edited by beerwolf

Most of the good beers in Canada come from either Quebec or BC beerboss!

From QC they will emulate belgian, german beers + trappist ales. More of the hoppy brews come from BC.

I'm not sure you'll find a session ale like you're looking for (my understanding of "session ale" being a beer you can drink all night).

Canada's output seems more geared to having one of several diff kinds all night.

Chengod should speak up though, he's an aficionado whereas I'm just a drunkard. heh =)

my cousin made these cool beer openers with a really strong magnet embedded in the back of the wood, i really enjoy using it and displaying my caps :emotawesomepm9:

On that note, is anyone else here interested in collecting caps? I have a deep photo frame on the wall filled with caps, I almost have enough to fill the second one but I've apparently drunk every drink there is to drink in this area with a vaguely interesting cap. Got lots of doubles for swappin', mostly Ontario/upstate NY but also some Eurobooze, anyone fancy a swap by post?

I like the idea of collecting caps, but I already have too much stuff on my walls

I like the idea of collecting caps, but I already have too much stuff on my walls

yeah i usually end up just putting them in the recycle bin if i remember the correct one, but yeah they kind of feel like coins lol

• 2 months later...

Old_Rasputin_Russian_Imperial_Stout.jpg

Expensive as hell, but so so good.

Yes indeedly doodly, one of my favourite stouts.

I've never tried this. It's on my radar now though, looking to see if I can order it from zyn.

My beer friend says these age really well, probably gonna get a pack and save them for winter