IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest Frankie5fingers

started playing The Night of The Rabbit. pretty cool point and click adventure and im enjoying it quite a bit so far.

I'm playing a lot of CS:GO competitive lately. If anyone on this west coast wants to play add me on steam.

GTA: Vice City. Really fun game, love the gunplay. It's like a re-skinned gta3 with more fun missions. Huge drawback to the game for me is that it has the worst soundtrack out of all the grand theft auto games i've played. Never could get into a lot of 80's music.

I'm honestly not enjoying The Witcher 2 at all. Anyone know if gets any better after Act 1?

It took me a while to get used to the combat. It wasn't until the halfway point I got a really good grip on the controls and rythm. I'd agree that it's an issue since I couldn't get myself to play through the other plotline in the remaster because it's hard to appreciate the combat system. But there's a lot to appreciate besides the combat imo. Beautiful environments, great character and mob design, good plot, no shitty filler content etc.

Edited by Ego

Wasn't crazy about the end of God of War Ascension, the gameplay relied too much on the special weapons and I couldn't help feel a little robbed at the very end which a simple quicktime farce albeit quite violent but not where near as epic as the previous games but then again how could it be. The puzzles were pointlessly simple and I didn't like they way they've dicked around with the controls making it more like a dedicated beat em up rather than a calculated scrolling slasher.

Just started (well, put a couple of hours into) Fez - I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment by the whole map size

Don't let it knock you out. It took me a while to get the map, but all of a sudden it all made sense and I have no idea why.

Played and Beat Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance over the weekend, I enjoyed it. It's short and the story is a little ridiculous/campy but it's still really fun. The story isn't really the important part of this one anyway, this game is about the combat which is fast paced and pretty fun, some of the boss fights are awesome. There's a bunch of unlockables too which adds to the replay value.

Beat Spec Ops. Played it on the highest difficulty before I unlocked FUBAR mode. I must say the game is better than I expected...kind of sad really. Along with frustrating dying a lot bringing me closer to my roots of wanting to throw the controller (But can't cause of the cost of not only the controller but anything else that the parts goes flying into).

Hopefully, now I can start on Ni No Kuni.

Oh I gotta also continue playing Tokyo Jungle.

Guest viscosity

started playing The Night of The Rabbit. pretty cool point and click adventure and im enjoying it quite a bit so far.

so many great adventure games getting released or in development these days. just saw this on kickstarter

also Kentucky Route Zero act 2 is out.

still awaiting Tim Schafer's Broken Age :)

Guest Iain C

Gunpoint is very good. There's more of the hacking and less of the jumping around than I'd hoped, though. I need to play Kentucky Route Zero part 2 at some point as well. But right now I'm not finding much time for gaming.

I really want to try Kentucky Route Zero but my catalogue of non-completed games is growing by the day - I've still got to go through (deep breath): Skyrim (still not done ANY of the DLC missions - nor finished the main mission), Kairo, Dark Souls, Terraria, Antichamber, Hotline Miami, Super Meat Boy, Kairo, Ni No Kuni, Okami, Braid, Bastion, Fez, Silent Hill: Homecoming (trying to give it another go), GTA4, L.A. Noire, Miasmata, Dustforce, Knytt Underground, Rochard, The Binding of Isaac, The Void, Amnesia, Psychonauts, Bioshock 1+2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, English Country Tune, Fallout 3, Lone Survivor, Machinarium, To the Moon, Uplink, and Vessel

Basically I've got enough to keep me going for about a decade and yet I still keep adding to the pile ...

Guest jasondonervan

I really want to try Kentucky Route Zero

Each act so far takes about an hour to play, if that - grab it now and you'll have the first two chapters played through in one sitting of an evening.

Also, pro tip: play it at night.

Guest Frankie5fingers

so many great adventure games getting released or in development these days. just saw this on kickstarter

holy crap that lineup is so fucking amazing! i need to play this now.

I really want to try Kentucky Route Zero but my catalogue of non-completed games is growing by the day - I've still got to go through (deep breath): Skyrim (still not done ANY of the DLC missions - nor finished the main mission), Kairo, Dark Souls, Terraria, Antichamber, Hotline Miami, Super Meat Boy, Kairo, Ni No Kuni, Okami, Braid, Bastion, Fez, Silent Hill: Homecoming (trying to give it another go), GTA4, L.A. Noire, Miasmata, Dustforce, Knytt Underground, Rochard, The Binding of Isaac, The Void, Amnesia, Psychonauts, Bioshock 1+2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, English Country Tune, Fallout 3, Lone Survivor, Machinarium, To the Moon, Uplink, and Vessel

Basically I've got enough to keep me going for about a decade and yet I still keep adding to the pile ...

Stick with one and keep going...maybe two. I feel you on the list. Without using emulators and minus the PC, unfortunately my oldest system is the GameCube (sold my atari, nes, n64, etc (although I think I still have my sega)) and I still have games on that I need to play.

I'm honestly not enjoying The Witcher 2 at all. Anyone know if gets any better after Act 1?

It took me a while to get used to the combat. It wasn't until the halfway point I got a really good grip on the controls and rythm. I'd agree that it's an issue since I couldn't get myself to play through the other plotline in the remaster because it's hard to appreciate the combat system. But there's a lot to appreciate besides the combat imo. Beautiful environments, great character and mob design, good plot, no shitty filler content etc.

I'm in the middle of Act 2 now, and I hate this game. It's unbearable.

You're right that the environments are pretty to look at, and you sure get to do just that, because of the awful map and endless "go there and then go there"-kinda quests. The plot is unbelievably boring too. Seriously, this game.. ugh.

LAME.

edit: Seriously.. this game. This is the worst RPG I've ever played.

Edited by Friendly Foil