IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Reviews for The Last of Us are in, and it seems it's amazing. It has a 95 on metacritic. I can't wait to play it.

Didn't the new Sim City get a >90 score on Metacritic at the start before those-not-paid-for-their-reviews got their hands on it ?

Guest Frankie5fingers

I'm honestly not enjoying The Witcher 2 at all. Anyone know if gets any better after Act 1?

It took me a while to get used to the combat. It wasn't until the halfway point I got a really good grip on the controls and rythm. I'd agree that it's an issue since I couldn't get myself to play through the other plotline in the remaster because it's hard to appreciate the combat system. But there's a lot to appreciate besides the combat imo. Beautiful environments, great character and mob design, good plot, no shitty filler content etc.

I'm in the middle of Act 2 now, and I hate this game. It's unbearable.

You're right that the environments are pretty to look at, and you sure get to do just that, because of the awful map and endless "go there and then go there"-kinda quests. The plot is unbelievably boring too. Seriously, this game.. ugh.

LAME.

edit: Seriously.. this game. This is the worst RPG I've ever played.

yeah i never understood the love for 1 or 2. they both sucked ass imo.

Reviews for The Last of Us are in, and it seems it's amazing. It has a 95 on metacritic. I can't wait to play it.

I believe IGN gave it a 10/10 too, will probably pick this up when it comes out. Been a big fan of the Uncharted games

Just started (well, put a couple of hours into) Fez - I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment by the whole map size

Don't let it knock you out. It took me a while to get the map, but all of a sudden it all made sense and I have no idea why.

What's not to understand? Cubes are rooms, lines connect rooms.

I didn't really like Fez. At all. I even wrote a few paragraphs on why it's not a good game, maybe I'll translate it and post it here some day.

I believe IGN gave it a 10/10 too, will probably pick this up when it comes out. Been a big fan of the Uncharted games

Uncharted has to be the most overrated series of games I've ever played.

Guest Gravity

Wish I had a PS3 to play that, looks really fun. ;[

Guest Enter a new display name

I just finished Deadly Premonition. The gameplay and the level design were amateur but I really enjoyed the story and the atmosphere.

I just finished Deadly Premonition. The gameplay and the level design were amateur but I really enjoyed the story and the atmosphere.

Deadly Premonition is amazing. I feel sorry for everyone who refuses to play it, just because the graphics are dated.

Anyway, just finished The Witcher 2. The third act was really good, since it had less running around and more story stuff. Too bad the rest of the game wasn't like this.

just got a ps3 early this year and enjoying the ps3 exclusives. just started uncharted 3 and i hope its a good as the rest, knowing naughty dog i think it will be. the last of us got a 10 on ign and im very excited about that.

also playing the old zelda games on 3ds. never did finish oracle of age and oracle of season.

Hearts of Iron 3

A while ago, someone from watmm recommended me this game. I want to thank this fella. This game is awesome.

I'm playing as Germany before the WW2. After I invaded Poland, I moved my armies to the area of Frankfurt - Karlsruhe. They arrived right when France and UK declared war on me. France attacked through the Maginot Line. Immediately I moved my armies to meet them, mounted some faint attacks on the fortified areas of the Maginot Line, but my main effort was the drive through a less defended narrow corridor between the Swiss border and Mulhouse, eventually stopping at the border with Luxemburg, near Metz. I've managed to encircle five French armies and destroy them peace-meal. Good thing is that Italy was aligned with Axis and simultaneously attacked through Torino to Marseille, and that Belgium and Netherlands are still neutral. UK is giving me a headache with destroying my supply convoys though. Quite a bugger. As soon as I finish France I'll go for the Belgium and Netherlands and the UK. Unless USA and Sovets join in. Then I'm pretty much screwed.

Seriously cannot wait to play The Last of Us... My girlfriend pre-ordered me the Survival Edition in April for my B-day. I've been following this game through development and now hearing it's getting 10/10 reviews from many sources? I'm seriously aching to play this. The artbook and comic will be pretty awesome too, I love post-apocalyptic shit!

271326_SELG.jpg

Hearts of Iron 3

A while ago, someone from watmm recommended me this game. I want to thank this fella. This game is awesome.

I'm playing as Germany before the WW2. After I invaded Poland, I moved my armies to the area of Frankfurt - Karlsruhe. They arrived right when France and UK declared war on me. France attacked through the Maginot Line. Immediately I moved my armies to meet them, mounted some faint attacks on the fortified areas of the Maginot Line, but my main effort was the drive through a less defended narrow corridor between the Swiss border and Mulhouse, eventually stopping at the border with Luxemburg, near Metz. I've managed to encircle five French armies and destroy them peace-meal. Good thing is that Italy was aligned with Axis and simultaneously attacked through Torino to Marseille, and that Belgium and Netherlands are still neutral. UK is giving me a headache with destroying my supply convoys though. Quite a bugger. As soon as I finish France I'll go for the Belgium and Netherlands and the UK. Unless USA and Sovets join in. Then I'm pretty much screwed.

peep3.jpg

Hearts of Iron 3

Hearts of Iron 3

it may have been me man, im a gigantic paradox interactive fanboy (though Iain is the local expert on Crusader Kings II)

glad you are enjoying the third one....I have HoI2...need to go ahead and buy 3 whenever i have the chance...did you get all of the add-ons?

*sigh* fuck platform exclusivity.

ps3's are starting to get doable second-hand here, around 150 euro's for a slim with 3 months of trading warranty at the pawn show. I think I'll pick one up for this game (and God of War, and Metal Gear etcetera :)).

Guest Gravity

*sigh* fuck platform exclusivity.

ps3's are starting to get doable second-hand here, around 150 euro's for a slim with 3 months of trading warranty at the pawn show. I think I'll pick one up for this game (and God of War, and Metal Gear etcetera :)).

I'd like to pick up a PS3 now that they're cheap, but with the PS4 coming out it'd be a waste for me to pick up both so close together. As long as Sony ends up implementing that Gaikai type service I guess I'll be able to do it straight from the PS4... who knows when though. I'll end up playing The Last of Us in 2 years.

PS4 wont have backwards compatibility though right?

I just really need another copy of Rez and Kessen III (incredibly underrated and awesome game). Put that shit up online already dammit

I really hope The Last of Us will be re-released for PS4, when it comes out.

It looks like the game I've always wanted to play.

Edited by Ceerial

Anyone with an Xbox should check out State of Decay. It is on XBLA. It sort of combines the best elements of GTA, Dead Rising, L4D, Dead Island, DayZ, and Red Dead Redemption. It is an open world zombie survival game. The pacing, structure, and style are similar to Red Dead Redemption. It was made on the CryENGINE. (farcry, crysis, etc)

State-of-Decay-night-time-screenshot.jpg

stateofdecay.jpg

state-of-decay-xbla-5666.jpeg

This guy curses a lot so NSFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztxpNHr6mG4

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

Guest Gravity

Anyone with an Xbox should check out State of Decay. It is on XBLA. It sort of combines the best elements of GTA, Dead Rising, L4D, Dead Island, DayZ, and Red Dead Redemption. It is an open world zombie survival game. The pacing, structure, and style are similar to Red Dead Redemption. It was made on the CryENGINE. (farcry, crysis, etc)

State-of-Decay-night-time-screenshot.jpg

stateofdecay.jpg

state-of-decay-xbla-5666.jpeg

This guy curses a lot so NSFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztxpNHr6mG4

Gonna check out the demo of this later, thanks.

That looks p cool Adieu, thanks.

Also for Xbox Live users who don't like spending money, Fable 3 and The Walking Dead are both free on XBL right now for some reason. They're not being promoted on the marketplace or anything, so probably a glitch or something, snap em up!