IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

while more detailed, I'm underwhelmed with this new generation compared to the last graphically. Definitely not a big enough paradigm shift to warrant an upgrade atm imo, maybe when ps4, xbone exclusive titles start coming in.

Hideo Kojima said that the reason the previous-gen console versions look so good is because of the Fox Engine, which runs the game. It's apparently an incredibly efficient game engine.

The Order: 1886 looks great. Which is a massive understatement. Check out this video which is running completely real-time on the PS4:

It's interesting, since they are going for a 'cinematic' approach (odd aspect ratio that puts black bars on the top and bottom of the screen, and locking the framerate at 30fps so it's closer to film (so they say). XBone purists are crying about how The Order devs intentionally locked it at 30fps and that's OK, but the recent crop of XBone games are all 30fps (because of the lack of developer skill in hitting 60fps) and the PS4 nuts are LOLing at their inferior competitor.

That being said, PS4 has sold 5.3 million units to date, ahead of their fiscal year target - and it doesn't come out in Japan until Monday. They'll easily hit 6 million sold by then.

Unless Microsoft can turn things around quickly, this generation might belong to Sony.

I was reading that the PS4 is outselling XBone by a ratio of 1.5:1 in North America and 2.5:1 in Europe. I'll try to find the article and report back. But yeah, even the new Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes comparison video shows the PS4 version being the superior version. That, plus, MGSV will be 1080p on PS4 and 720p on XBone, Xbox 360, and PS3. Thief follows suit.

[youtubehd]60FqLOMOPgU[/youtubehd]

Watch full screen in 1080p and you can spot the difference in certain aspects from the PS4 version to the XBone version. Notice the sky on PS4 uses a different shader/lighting technique than the other versions, including Xbone. The detail of objects far away in the draw distance is noticeably better on PS4.

The Xbone is a decent system, and I'm sure the people who buy it will be just fine with their purchase. But clearly the winner here, in terms of strength and numbers, is PS4.

It's rumoured that Amazon might be buying out the Xbox. If true, perhaps they can do a better job than Microsoft... who knows?

Whaaaat? Amazon buying XBOX from Microsoft? No way - MS makes too much money on Live/XBOX.

The biggest mistake (among all of the mistakes they made) was bundling Kinect - nobody wanted Kinect, and Microsoft didn't want to take a loss on it, so they forced it into the package, adding an extra 100USD - Anybody is going to choose something 100 dollars cheaper, especially when the reason the other item is more expensive is an addon you don't want to begin with.

while more detailed, I'm underwhelmed with this new generation compared to the last graphically. Definitely not a big enough paradigm shift to warrant an upgrade atm imo, maybe when ps4, xbone exclusive titles start coming in.

There's not a great leap in processing power from last gen to this one; it's basically more RAM and processing power, but we're not going from SD to HD, so visually the differences will initially appear minor - where you will see this gen shine is with all the little extras - granted those small details might get lost on most people. Another area will be the sheer number of things happening at once - comparing the previous gen Tomb Raider game to the "definitive edition" for this gen is a good example of this (fog effects, particles, many objects now animated instead of static, etc.)

Ya, this new gen feels like just a luxury version of the previous gen, what with the PS4 running most, if not all, games in 1080p. Right now anyways. I'm sure as time goes on and the developers get more and more familiar with the new consoles and become more efficient in their coding, we'll obviously see a good difference. I think The Order 1886 will show quite a difference in graphics from the previous gen. The Division looks like a decent leap too.

Just finished The Binding of Isaac's 13 endings and all of the challenges. Good lord, that game is hard.

The disappointing thing is that none of the achievements will register with Steam unless I play on a PC (instead of a Mac).

OK, now that I've gotten it out of my head that the Strider remake is NOT an arcade-style action game and really is a Castlevania/Metroid-style exploration game (I will NOT say "MetroidVania"), I am really enjoying it - the levels are challenging, and not tedious to backtrack at all - once you get a new power, it's fun to go back to levels where things were locked away and uncover new secrets. The game world is HUGE too - really surprised at how expansive the detailed the level design is.

Woah

I posted something silly on a Facebook status update of an American friend of mine, and out of the blue my post got 'liked' by this fucking guy ===> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Shapiro_(actor)

Michael Shapiro is most famous for voicing Barney Calhoun and the G-Man in the computer games Half-Life, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life: Decay, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, and Half-Life 2: Episode Two. Games in which he is credited as Mike Shapiro are Freddi Fish 4: The Case of the Hogfish Rustlers of Briny Gulch, Blood II: The Chosen, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Torin's Passage.

fuck yeah :nyan:

Been playing only two games:

1. X:COM Enemy Within. This is the best game I've played in a long time. Expansion pack that lets you turn your soliders into super heroes and introduces the evil version of X-Com. Plus you can amputate the limbs off of your soldiers and put them in giant robots that punch aliens to death.

2. Crusader Kings 2: Someone took Medieval 2: Total War and made an entire game out of the strategic map alone. You get to play any historical figure across Europe, Africa, or Asia from the time periods of the 9th century to the late 15th and rewrite history. There is combat, but its a very small part of the game and abstractly represented minimally. The real meat is all of the polticial intrigue and plots you can perform and the huge sprawling link of events that draw you in like a book. The game ends up playing out as something you would read from A Game of Thrones... which coincidentally is also one of the more popular mods for it. It's fun playing as a Count of some backwater country to make an attempt to become the Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, or just play an entire game hiding away in Iceland and the surrounding isles while all hell is breaking out everywhere else in the world. The only problem with the game is that you need to understand how Medieval politics and society functions to understand how to play the game (i.e. having to trace family lines back to obtain De Jure claims on counties surrounding your territory). Very addicting once you get through the learning curve. The tutorials are broken so you are better off reading the manual or watching youtube videos.

Edited by Entorwellian

Guest Milkweg

I'm playing Banished, it's a really great little city builder made by one dude. I lost half my village to starvation in the winter just gone :(

Woah

I posted something silly on a Facebook status update of an American friend of mine, and out of the blue my post got 'liked' by this fucking guy ===> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Shapiro_(actor)

Michael Shapiro is most famous for voicing Barney Calhoun and the G-Man in the computer games Half-Life, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life: Decay, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, and Half-Life 2: Episode Two. Games in which he is credited as Mike Shapiro are Freddi Fish 4: The Case of the Hogfish Rustlers of Briny Gulch, Blood II: The Chosen, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Torin's Passage.

fuck yeah :nyan:

Well, holy shit. First World Success, amarite?

I picked S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: SoC (w/ Complete 2009 mod) back up - one of those classics I play at least once a year. I've already rambled on about it enough in the course of my WATMM membership tho, so the only thing I'll say this time is that there is a Half-Life easter egg in the game.

I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

On hard.

you are a god among men. Lol

It's a tough game! I love the SMT series. Persona 5 out this year on ps3 btw. Not sure if you're a fan or not.

=)

Guest Frankie5fingers

I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

On hard.

you are a god among men. Lol

It's a tough game! I love the SMT series. Persona 5 out this year on ps3 btw. Not sure if you're a fan or not.

=)

its ridiculously tough, one of the most challenging games ive ever played. and trust me, i know about 5. lol been following that shit ever since they announced the script was finished.

Guest bitroast

Playing a mix of Dead Space and Earthbound.

Almost find dead space getting a bit repetitive and dull but its still good so it's hard to complain. Earthbound is complimenting it nicely, which is nothing but colour and silliness^^

Mostly Dota 2. I'm probably better than you so if you need help or to be carried hit me up.

I'm waiting for DayZ to be worth playing.

I'm also interested in Kenshi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ43wvXJAFc

Also, I like Project Zomboid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEj1vvOGqHU

projectzomboid.jpg

Project_Zomboid_1.jpg

Far Cry 3, on max settings. pretty as hell, lots of detail, but the gameplay is super bro-ey. not fully sold on the story yet either.

Far Cry 3, on max settings. pretty as hell, lots of detail, but the gameplay is super bro-ey. not fully sold on the story yet either.

You should just embrace the bro-ness, because it's so fucking silly. Burning those marijuana fields while listening to Skrillex is about as bro-ey it gets.

Also, getting attacked by an alligator while swimming around casually is pretty fucking cool.

Playing a mix of Dead Space and Earthbound.

Almost find dead space getting a bit repetitive and dull but its still good so it's hard to complain. Earthbound is complimenting it nicely, which is nothing but colour and silliness^^

finished mother 3 (earthbound 2 or w.e.) last month. loved it :)