IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I'm SO looking forward to Routine.

Anyway, Alien: Isolation is a weird one. I like the idea and all, but I wonder how long this game will be and if you can kill the xenomorph within minutes or if its attacks are scripted and no matter what you do to it, it'll escape and keep on hunting you until you reach the end of the game where only then you'll finally be able to kill it?

Looks beautiful, though. Everything looks so settled in and the objects in the environment don't look disjointed from the world around it. For instance, the stuff on the table actually looks as if it's actually there on the table. It doesn't look like a 3D object that is awkwardly balanced on the table and that the slightest touch will knock it over. It looks like it's got some weight to it.

I'm SO looking forward to Routine.

Anyway, Alien: Isolation is a weird one. I like the idea and all, but I wonder how long this game will be and if you can kill the xenomorph within minutes or if its attacks are scripted and no matter what you do to it, it'll escape and keep on hunting you until you reach the end of the game where only then you'll finally be able to kill it?

Looks beautiful, though. Everything looks so settled in and the objects in the environment don't look disjointed from the world around it. For instance, the stuff on the table actually looks as if it's actually there on the table. It doesn't look like a 3D object that is awkwardly balanced on the table and that the slightest touch will knock it over. It looks like it's got some weight to it.

i agree about the looks. it's just feels right.

regarding your question all i know so far is that the play is gonna be about 10+ hrs long...which is amazing if you think but it could also be too long. shall see about that...

another thing is that the xenomorph allegedly has very advanced ai algorithms, acts smart and pretty unpredictable, acting differently every time you play. that's all i know.

i don't play games much but this one could change my mind

not out yet but this could be interesting

i love games like this (and routine looks amazing as well). my only problem with them is that i spend more time walking around in slow motion admiring the graphics and atmosphere in general than being afraid of whatever's trying to kill me. i can't really help it either, and it makes it a less immersive experience. kind of a weird "complaint" i guess.

Just started playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. Incredible game, makes me wonder what everyone is doing playing COD

Also anyone here play Frog Fractions?

i love games like this (and routine looks amazing as well). my only problem with them is that i spend more time walking around in slow motion admiring the graphics and atmosphere in general than being afraid of whatever's trying to kill me. i can't really help it either, and it makes it a less immersive experience. kind of a weird "complaint" i guess.

no, no... i get what you're saying and that's the hardest thing to prevail in this kind of games.

ppl how played the alien game (not just those from the youtube video) said that it's pretty effective in being scary and that it's not boring at all (in global) cause there are a lot of things on your mind (besides the xenomorph) and you have other survivors with whom you're communicate and trying to escape/survive

i know nothing about routine at this moment

Edited by xox

that is a bit weird. usually the fine qualities of the environment and look-and-feel add to the fear factor. convincing world = convincing threats.

my life is over.

8m per second at the moment.

Hmm, my 93/s looks pretty shitty in comparison.

EDIT - 2,8000/s .... must go to bed.

Awww and to think I was proud of my 2,800/s.... currently at 9,405,913,948,656.7 per second

(it's this if you've no idea what I'm on about - http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker )

that is a bit weird. usually the fine qualities of the environment and look-and-feel add to the fear factor. convincing world = convincing threats.

more like convincing world = holy shit look are those particle and lighting effects! and then i'll look at the sun shining through a canopee for a minute instead of actually playing the game. in the real world you wouldn't stop to appreciate that stuff. 'specielly not if you were being hunted by aliens, but i can't help doing it in good looking games. anyway this is a weird discussion, it's not like it's a bad thing once you get used to how good / convincing it looks.

Edited by data

more like convincing world = holy shit look are those particle and lighting effects! and then i'll look at the sun shining through a canopee for a minute instead of actually playing the game. in the real world you wouldn't stop to appreciate that stuff. 'specielly not if you were being hunted by aliens, but i can't help doing it in good looking games. anyway this is a weird discussion, it's not like it's a bad thing once you get used to how good / convincing it looks.

Nice use of chromatic aberration too - bet that technique gets used loads in new games.

Nice use of chromatic aberration too - bet that technique gets used loads in new games.

Yes, and it should

Guest Frankie5fingers

i used to look at the sun a lot, now i wear glasses. point is, ill take appreciating it in a video game over real life any day.

Guest Pennywise

anyone else playing "a link between worlds" ? . any views on what order to do the temples?

I'll give you a clue. Remember the pattern from the start. Its the same but you have to work out the secret.

anyone else playing "a link between worlds" ? . any views on what order to do the temples?

Pretty much anything goes, Turtle Rock and the ice one are a bit harder (also my favourites, especially the ice one is brilliant), but for the rest I'd say try all the weapons out and choose based on which one you'd prefer to have first.

Currently I'm playing Shenmue and Bravely Default. Do you have any job combo recommendations? I'm currently on Chapter 3, just got the Performer asterisk.

Pretty much anything goes, Turtle Rock and the ice one are a bit harder (also my favourites, especially the ice one is brilliant), but for the rest I'd say try all the weapons out and choose based on which one you'd prefer to have first.

Currently I'm playing Shenmue and Bravely Default. Do you have any job combo recommendations? I'm currently on Chapter 3, just got the Performer asterisk.

i just beat the desert palace and the swamp palace... i already have all the weapons so i can go wherever. was thinking about turtle rock next....

i don't have bravely default, sorry :)

i just beat the desert palace and the swamp palace... i already have all the weapons so i can go wherever. was thinking about turtle rock next....

Cool, Turtle Rock is a bit of a maze, a bit like the Swamp Palace but instead of water levels you get see-saw puzzles in order to reach the different floors. It's quite fun.

Anyway, I think it's a good idea to play the levels ordered by complexity, to get that build up feeling. So I'd take care of stuff like Thieves' Hideout and Skull Woods fast and leave Ice Ruins for later. The game is on the easy side, though, so maybe it wouldn't really make much of a difference.

Thanks anyway about Bravely Default! I think I'm getting addicted to it...

Edited by poblequadrat

Cool, Turtle Rock is a bit of a maze, a bit like the Swamp Palace but instead of water levels you get see-saw puzzles in order to reach the different floors. It's quite fun.

Anyway, I think it's a good idea to play the levels ordered by complexity, to get that build up feeling. So I'd take care of stuff like Thieves' Hideout and Skull Woods fast and leave Ice Ruins for later. The game is on the easy side, though, so maybe it wouldn't really make much of a difference.

difficulty order being?

difficulty order being?

Probably the easy tier would be Swamp Palace, Thieves' Hideout and Skull Woods, then Dark Palace and Desert Palace, and finally Turtle Rock and Ice Ruins.

You could also choose based on the items you can find inside the dungeons, which is what I guess you've been doing. Turtle Rock has the shield upgrade, Ice Ruins the double magic bar and IIRC the others have an ore (for the sword upgrades) each. You could go for the shield and get two ores for the first upgrade, which should make things way easier.

difficulty order being?

Probably the easy tier would be Swamp Palace, Thieves' Hideout and Skull Woods, then Dark Palace and Desert Palace, and finally Turtle Rock and Ice Ruins.

You could also choose based on the items you can find inside the dungeons, which is what I guess you've been doing. Turtle Rock has the shield upgrade, Ice Ruins the double magic bar and IIRC the others have an ore (for the sword upgrades) each. You could go for the shield and get two ores for the first upgrade, which should make things way easier.

cool thanks