IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Ignoring the bonus disk for the moment, I'd really like to hear more about the below statement. This was not something I'd ever heard.

Tri Repatae++ (although it's really a compilation of several EPs).

Ignoring the bonus disk for the moment, I'd really like to hear more about the below statement. This was not something I'd ever heard.

Tri Repatae++ (although it's really a compilation of several EPs).

I'll explain. Tri Repetae is a 10 track album from AE released in 95.

Tri Repetae++ is the USA release which has a second disc that combines the Anvil Vapre and Garbage EP's.

re: Joyrex, interesting. What you describe as your faves are in my mind probably some of their most listenable and least abrasive/experimental albums... yet the tracks that have leaked for Exai so far sound pretty abrasive and not 'friendly' in an immediately appealing way, they are both pretty challenging tracks. Would you say those 2 tracks are indicative of the rest of the LP in terms of their challenging nature or are they some of the weirder ones out of a plethora of more throwback easier to listen to tracks ?

Don't get me wrong - I like abrasive tracks, but they must, somehow have some sort of melody in them (and not so hidden that you have to strain to hear it). I haven't heard the leaked material myself, so I can't say whether it's a good example of that or not. I also wouldn't say that Exai is a throwback - they are certainly moving forward in progressing their sound, and yes, there are some 'challenging' tracks, but with AE you expect that. What makes Exai stand above their previous efforts is how polished, and well... detailed (for lack of a better word) the tracks are.

If I had to pick a favourite from Exai so far... It's hard - I find myself going back to Cloudline - and not because it's the only track that's an actual word, hehe. It's just an amazing track.

interesting, if you have the time the 2 broadcast tracks are

Spl9 (13).. which is right before Cloudline and tuinorizn (8)

i'm curious how those compare to the rest of the album, individually is either track more or less melodic than the general tone of the album, more or less dancey/beat oriented, more or less detail oriented. A detailed comparison would be much appreciated.

Guest Aserinsky

I can already tell I'm going to fall in love with this. From the previously leaked tracks I wasn't seeing why people were saying this was far more accessible compared to the previous albums, now I can see why (as well as why Warp / ae didn't want any tracks to be broadcast on their own).

Also bladelores = LUSH

Guest disoriental express

Hot+and+Bothered.jpg

my my, i nearly fainted there...whoo.....FUCKING BLAAAADDDDEEEELOOOOOORRRRRRRRRREEEEESSS

Edited by disoriental express

Damn. I almost clicked on those sound clips but I didn't - had to fight the urge. To me it would be like a Christmas present with a small peep hole cut into the side of the packaging.

I should just wait til it's released. To me it's more EXAIting without spoilers.

i have to admit i'm somewhat pleasantly shocked to hear you/Joyrex say something like that. What's your 2nd favorite AE album next to Exai (which seems like it's quickly become your fave) ?

Prior to that my favourite AE albums .... Incunabula. I also really like Tri Repatae++ (although it's really a compilation of several EPs).

also hates Untilted. i can forgive not getting Draft....but who hates Untilted? AND THINKS TRI REP++ IS A COMP OF EPS?

i dunno who this mutha is but ban him. banhammer him Obel now do it