IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

I thought I should point out that the new DarkStar album is out a full month before Exai and only leaked today (I think).

Fuck.

Well, fuck indeed.

But I still have high hopes for an early mp3 release before this week end.

Looking at what they did with the past 3 albums.

(btw, I don't remember, but did all this early mp3 release were triggered by a huge leak they couldn't control or just a more minor thing, like tracks being played here and there ?)

The clips sound great. I'm super relieved that even from what little I've heard Exai seems like it will be less boring than queersauce, OS and MoT. I've already pre-ordered the cd, but now I'm thinking about pre-ordering the vinyl. I've never really had any experience with vinyl. Does anyone think it would be worthwhile for me to purchase a record player for this? If so, is it okay to buy a cheap player or do I need to invest a couple hundred to do it right? Do I need an awesome stereo to appreciate the difference? Or should I just stick with the 320 kpbs mp3s and my $200 earbuds? (I probably won't ever open the cd, just buying it cuz I want it.)

Edited by Alfred P McLovely III

Cheap vinyl playback won't do anything sound-wise, spend the money on upgrading the weakest link in your sound chain. Most amps are junk these days, something a bit older will have discrete components and actually deliver the power rating it says on the box. On the other hand recent speakers and recent headphones absolutely kill the stuff from 20 years ago. Even a good DAC or a headphone amp (or both in one box) may be your ticket to multidimensional bliss.

Please let this be released so I can stop reading this thread.

you guys are weird. Are the samples really "brilliant"? They seem so-so to me...not dishearteningly bad, but not necessarily good. They just give a brief sugar rush because of the beats...impossible to tell at this point.