IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Guest the anonymous forumite

Though, to be fair, "Bladelores" is incredible.

Yeah, it reminds you of Boards of Canada.

For all the Germans around here. It mentions Watmm.

http://www.hhv-mag.com/de/review/4597/autechre-exai

Lol. it doesn't just mention watmm, it tells the tale of this friggin thread.

google translate:

>Aphex Twin, Squarepusher and Autechre have always been the cornerstone of this label, and even the best new act can arise only in the shade. The best reflected on the most longest running online forum for Electronic Music, We Are The Music Makers resist. In September last year, The Designers Republic announced to work on the cover of next Autechre album, went off the collective spin. The corresponding thread of the forum began with totally crazy designs possible cover art. Over the months, joined up into January on speculation and masturbation dreams of the possible style of the album. Back to the beats? Publication of the more radical interpretations of live "Oversteps"? A new genre? As January, the first promo copies were sent out, the nerves were raw in the forum. No leaks in sight. Tears flowed, mothers were offered for auditions, straitjackets were distributed. The moderator was about to close because of too much blubbering the thread. This saw over 250,000 views in mid-February. In over 5,500 entries in 270 pages suffering was sued debated raged and fantasizes. As the end of February last the digital publication is anticipated was (by then it was no verzeichenbaren leak of the album!) Was short silence. The forum members had adopted as a flashmob in the few online stores and placed them immediately paralyzed.

Since then there is full euphoria in the forum.
:beer:

fist-pump-baby.jpg

glad 2 be part of these blubbering masturbation dreams boss

FYI Aussies

My CD (from Bleep) just arrived in the mail today (Canberra). Im guessing the sizeable Melbournian contingent should be getting their packages as well, seems like a lot of non-UK countries are getting today (atleast in major cities).

By the way, just have the CD playing atm on my lamo DVD player, speakers arent great, but it still sounds rather awesome. Pleasantly suprised. Havent tried the car yet.

Also, due to the 2xCD format, I can see CD1 getting a little more physical love.

holy shit the bubbles at 3:03 of recks on...

1:58 to 3:56 of recks on is the best of Exai for me atm

have you checked out Scorn? Up until the 4 minute mark its practically a full on Mick Harrris/Scorn mid period (gyral, zander) homage

Though, to be fair, "Bladelores" is incredible.

Yeah, it reminds you of Boards of Canada.

haha! i knew you (anonymous forumite) were an older member, now it's a question of who... *ponders*

hi playbynumbers! haven't seen you in these parts for a while

Edited by Awepittance

no, i completely 100% agree. In fact it's the only one i have to skip, even while listening in the background. That bassline just makes me cringe for some reason. It sounds like a really cheesy acid jazz melody circa 1998 or something

Guest bitroast

cloudlines probably my least favourite.

not that i dislike or hate the track or anything, but i can't really listen to it as a standalone track and appreciate it. i need to be listening to the whole album. deep in the dark and manky depths of the second half of exai. the song seems to make sense there. but without that context the song seems.. a little quite good.

which is why, i don't mind it or anything. in fact, i like the song alot! but it strikes me as odd when people mention it as being their favourite track.

opinions, you know?

Edited by pigster

no, i completely 100% agree. In fact it's the only one i have to skip, even while listening in the background. That bassline just makes me cringe for some reason. It sounds like a really cheesy acid jazz melody circa 1998 or something

I think they made it to make the Amber fans happy.

For me the problem with bladelores is that it just didn't live up to the hype that the reviews were giving it.. Someone referred to a magnificent pixelated crescendo and I was expecting a huge wash of cascading chiptune synths (think the beginning of Sim Gishel) over epic mellotron strings and Gantz Graf-esque drums.

Guest bitroast

hahahahaha. i have a feeling this may be your own fault and in no way shape or form does this make an amazing song stop being an amazing song.

that said, there's nothing pixelated about bladelores. it's the sound of rotating reverberated universes + hip hop beats. not pixels. oceans!

and nebulae dust!