IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Yeah, again, I hope so. You could have taken 30 seconds of See on See, though, and basically have the track, depending on which 30 seconds you sampled.

I thought everyone realised that the main point of Oversteps was the dynamic melodic content, rather than the sound design changing up every 20 seconds. See On See has a clearly defined verse, chorus and bridge/breakdown, in terms of melody.. as do most of the other tracks on the album. In other words, I don't think a 30 second snippit of See On See would be an adequate preview of the track.

I thought everyone realised that the main point of Oversteps was the dynamic melodic content, rather than the sound design changing up every 20 seconds. See On See has a clearly defined verse, chorus and bridge/breakdown, in terms of melody.. as do most of the other tracks on the album.

That seemed to be the point of the album, yeah, but I actually preferred the melodies on Quaristice, Untilted, Draft 7.30, Confield, LP5, all the 90s EPs... They might have been more simplistic but they had more flavor to me. One foot in Detroit, one in Jhon Balance's back pocket, another tentacle in a DMT dreamscape, etc.

To celebrate page 200 I sorted all the tracks from Exai in order from shortest to longest. Enjoy!

tuinorizn
jatevee C
prac-f
runrepik
FLeure
deco Loc
vekoS
T ess xi
Flep
spl9
1 1 is
YJY UX
nodezsh
recks on
irlite (get 0)
cloudline
bladelores

don't forget that this thread is about three threads merged together (including the bull wallet shop thread), so it's kinda like a fake victory

you need to add the replies up from those threads and substract them from the whole thread, then you know the real number

it's probably barely over 100 or so

i killed the party

you all asked for it

February 25th --> That's my birthday. If you're interested in gifting me a copy of Exai PM me

I'll buy you a copy. (CD that is).

Send me your info I will preorder it now.

Edited by StephenG

Guest disoriental express

I just heard the rhythm in Tkakanren in a different way than I have before. This wait for Exai is good for this.

Did I accidentally start this Actress shit? I was just joking. I don't hate Actress. Jesus. Sorry.

Aserinsky has been killing it in the lols department lately, at least. Thanks, Actress Aserinsky.

Out of interest, what are Joyrex's 15 favourite Autechre tracks, Exai tracks included if any get in there.

Dangerous question

the 15 tracks of the 3rd Incunabula EP, of course.

an enterprising mod should filter out all the art posts into another thread for posterity. they probably shouldn't have been merged in the first place.

they've all been collected in the tumblr so it's coo'

bullwalletversions.tumblr.com, I think it is

actually they got lazy and have missed out on a lot of stuff

Guest disoriental express

Actress is the best, what're you talkin about?

EDIT: way better than Actor.

EDIT: rofl Actress

Edited by disoriental express