Guest Mirezzi

Safety Not Guaranteed - At first, I thought it was an honest to god parody of Wes Anderson. Then, I realized, it's just another of the 30,000,000 Wes Anderson clones. Boring beyond redemption.

I'd like to some day start a thread where those of us who can't stand these types of movies can warn one another. I was told by several people that Safety Not Guaranteed was good. The critics kinda liked it, too. I went in without any clues or warnings as to its indie, hip, quirky, oddball, goody, sweet, endearing qualities.

Alas, I did see on the cover, "From the producers of Little Miss Sunshine!"

What the fuck was I thinking? Maybe I knew I would hate it but couldn't stop myself from trying to fit in. Whatever the case, I failed and so did this movie.

It's kinda unfortunate because portions of the plot/premise were intriguing. Yet the writers went Full Retard with their depiction of the main guy. He was like a hybrid of Max Fischer from Rushmore and Lars from Lars and the Real Girl.

Edited by The Overlook

Guest Mirezzi
sort of made me want to buy perfume

Sort of made me feel proud to be white and affluent.

Didn't some critics openly laugh at it when it premiered?

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Elf

LOVE IT. watched it twice this weekend.

Bad Santa

love it

The Raid: Redemption

I mean there was some good fighting and a few wooooah moments but overall not much to say about this one. overhyped. dud has quick hands. are the fights sped up at all or does dude move that fast for real?

Guest Mirezzi
Elf

LOVE IT. watched it twice this weekend.

Bad Santa

love it

Yes.

Yes.

Downloading Gremlins now, because it's one of the all-time great fucked up Christmas movies.

Guest onesixoneight

I watched The Hobbit the other day 3D 48fps.

I loved Lord of the Rings.

I was unimpressed by this new one, it was slow and too vanilla cos its a 12 rating.

Martin Freeman annoys me he's not engaging enough.

The 48fps is good a little weird though sometimes its like looking at live tv.

the sequel is one of the most over the top movies ever made, totally different in tone from part 1. If you can appreciate it for what it is, almost a parody movie movie wrapped in a Gremlins sequel basically the ultimate Joe Dante film (not the best, but probably his highest budget blow out).

Django Unchained - Yeah it was allright, a little long and bit dull in parts. Samuel Jackson was the best thing about the movie. 9/10

Edited by YO303

Guest Mirezzi

Ted - Watched this last night and we all lol'd pretty non-stop up until the last 10 or so weirdly useless minutes of it. Without the stack of epilogues, it was a solid classic R-rated comedy.

Guest disparaissant

the hobbit: 7.5/10. not bad, just no lotr. also i really had to pee through the whole thing but i was sitting in the middle of the row and couldn't get out and it kept cutting to waterfalls.

Guest disparaissant

oh also the 48 fps ultramax widescreen 3d doodah looked like a telenovela for the first 20 minutes of the movie but then after a while it became unnoticeable. not bad.