PS - The women in this movie were extremely beautiful, a shallow observation i know but their beauty was much more classy and natural than the modern "hollywood movie star beauty', it was a breath of fresh air.

I looked this movie up yesterday and the girl you're talking about reminded me of Tania Raymonde from Lost

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0713389/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Beautiful!

PS - The women in this movie were extremely beautiful, a shallow observation i know but their beauty was much more classy and natural than the modern "hollywood movie star beauty', it was a breath of fresh air.

I looked this movie up yesterday and the girl you're talking about reminded me of Tania Raymonde from Lost

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0713389/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Beautiful!

Yeah the secretary was cute but i liked the two actresses who were recording the dialogue better ) specially the main one, Layla Amir i think her name is)

Edited by YO303

Oh, forgot to mention I watched Searching for Sugar Man the other day. I've been a fan of Sixto Rodriguez for a bunch of years so of course I thought it was a wonderful documentary. Such a heartwarming tale. Also kinda sad. I loved it. 9/10

Why do you guys keep watching movies if you hate them all?

*looks at page*

Oh, forgot to mention I watched Searching for Sugar Man the other day. I've been a fan of Sixto Rodriguez for a bunch of years so of course I thought it was a wonderful documentary. Such a heartwarming tale. Also kinda sad. I loved it. 9/10

Fuckin loved Take Shelter, the ending was perfect. 8/10

Berberian Sound Studio - Probably my favorite film of the year. The ending left me with a feeling of blah (kind of like with the ending of Sound of my Voice) but i enjoyed the ride and the main character's transformation was extremely interesting and very well done. 10/10

Killer Joe 8.5/10 - Matthew Mcconaughey plays a very convincing psychopath. Highly recommended. Directed by the guy who did Exorcist and Bug.

The Imposter - Fascinating story, a must see documentary - 10/10

Safety Not Guaranteed - This one is a tough one to rate, i hated it so much about it but i thought the main core of the movie was interesting enough to keep me entertain. The relationship between the two main characters was creepy more than sweet, and the side story with that main reporter guy was just nonsense and pointless, like who gives a shit. I didn't like the ending even tho it had the sci-fi elements i wish the rest of the movie had (i think me not liking the ending has something to do with me not liking the main relationship) . Oh the the soundtrack was shit. I'm gonna be generous and give this a 6/10

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

movies i recommend:

• panique au village (2009)
  • 4accb23338786.jpg

I recommend also. I love this.

Dredd: 6.5/10

As somebody else commented, great 80s style action. I loved the look of Mega-City One. The whole thing reminded me of watching Robocop when I was kid. On the otherhand the Ma Ma character was utter shite and once they went into the tower block you don't see much more of the city.

The Hobbit 7/10

Fucking Peter Jackson. What is wrong with that guy and editing? He's gone too far this time. I think I'm right in saying that he took Tolkien's edited book and Tolkien's pre-edit version / notes and added a load of stuff back in. Making three films out of The Hobbit is bad enough but three bloated 2-3 hour ones? It's lucky for me that I love all that Tolkien/Elves/Dwarves shite. However, I'm getting seriously sick of drawn out shots with lingering looks and Hovis music.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard
about the end of Sound of my Voice:

no loose ends, the little girl is a plant to convince any nay sayers in the cult to believe that Maggie is really from the future. Hence the scenes where the little girl is being taken care of by an outside cult member and the cop knows that they use he as a way to convince potential members. The little girl is taught the hand shake and wanted to see Maggie, so she knew in advance who Maggie was.

that is one explanation. her being in the guys class is a little convenient (or this is planned to reindeer games levels of complexity) or maybe she is from the future.

Edited by Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard
Safety Not Guaranteed - This one is a tough one to rate, i hated it so much about it but i thought the main core of the movie was interesting enough to keep me entertain. The relationship between the two main characters was creepy more than sweet, and the side story with that main reporter guy was just nonsense and pointless, like who gives a shit. I didn't like the ending even tho it had the sci-fi elements i wish the rest of the movie had (i think me not liking the ending has something to do with me not liking the main relationship) . Oh the the soundtrack was shit. I'm gonna be generous and give this a 6/10
I thought it was "cute".

i wish that there were more elements of the film that changed throughout (such as (possibly) belinda being alive again) so after seeing how it ends you could rewatch and spot them.

i didnt mind the journalist story as he had some growth. and i liked the main relationship.

overall i thought it was a solid 6/10. not ambitious enough but entertaining. i wish they had watched primer and stolen from it more

i can't think of a single piece of music in the film (except of course his zither song)

Edited by Jimmy McMessageboard

killing them softly - shit

That's disappointing. I'm hoping you're wrong!

I've heard really good and really bad things so I think it's a love or hate thing.

shit

i enjoyed some of this but where,s the rest of it? i felt like i fell asleep and missed the last half hour

Django

9/10

Tarantino movies are great. I keep thinking about this one. The characters and performances were all amazing.

friends with kids

6.5/10

The first hour was pretty much a train wreck.

The movie definitely got better as it went along and ended strong.

Despite that, it still had lots of problems and felt a little loose.

Guest Mirezzi

If I were feeling generous, I'd agree with Awkward and YO303 about Safety Not Guaranteed. It was like Napoleon Dynamite, more or less. It's heart was in the right place, but it was too precious/stupid by half.

It came as no surprise to me that the girl in it was from Parks & Rec, another tedious cringe comedy. I'm just ready for the entire universe of cringe comedies to fucking implode and go away. They had their decade. It's time to go now.

If I were feeling generous, I'd agree with Awkward and YO303 about Safety Not Guaranteed. It was like Napoleon Dynamite, more or less. It's heart was in the right place, but it was too precious/stupid by half.

It came as no surprise to me that the girl in it was from Parks & Rec, another tedious cringe comedy. I'm just ready for the entire universe of cringe comedies to fucking implode and go away. They had their decade. It's time to go now.

Im unfamiliar with Parks n' Rec....what exactly is "cringe comedy"....like shock laughs?

Im unfamiliar with Parks n' Rec....what exactly is "cringe comedy"....like shock laughs?

Awkward and embarassing moments for laughter. The (highly overrated) Office is what kicked off the whole thing. I also find cringe comedy tedious.

Actually I don't mind Curb sometimes.